Things need to change!

vondeylenfarms

Things need to change!

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm reading on modders sites that Giants is denying alot of mods for Consoles...no licensing issues because it's nothing new and no script issues. Literally denying it because they made American versions...this is stupid! The game already is horrible and metteled with bugs! No good placeables and yet modders make this game better and I for one bought it because of modders being allowed to add things! It's not alot to ask really...they do all the work. I'm still FS17, was hoping to play 19 soon but no fix (yet) and now this...regret pre-ordering the premium edition
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Rasping rabbit

Re: Things need to change!

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I am fairly sure they wouldn’t use the reason ‘it’s american’ to deny a mod. There are American flags all over the American map they just made....
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

geez, come on people probably a modder that tweaked a giants mod and everyone knows that's not allowed. and you believe everything that is posted on the internet haha :lol:
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

*Disclaimer* I am no expert in this subject, and may very well be wrong, take this with a pinch of salt.

I believe I read somewhere that one of the other restrictions on console is that they do not allow edits of their vehicles/assets. Maybe this is the reason if what you're referring to as versions are indeed edits?

Ps this must be where I read it viewtopic.php?f=895&t=119340&start=15
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

That would make sense, have seen a lot of people saying they don’t like the euro warning signs on machinery, somebody probably tried to change them.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Oops I should have specified... I didn't mean they're denying it cuz it's American I meant the American stuff that's on the tractor like the lights no placards just a slow-moving vehicle sign... Not all the mods I saw we're redos of giants, I will say some wrre though

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I'm sure it's the result of beauracratic bullspit from the manufacturer's attorneys.

They don't want us to mod a piece of bird stuff onto their machines for realism.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Krd1749 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:55 pm I'm sure it's the result of beauracratic bullspit from the manufacturer's attorneys.

They don't want us to mod a piece of bird stuff onto their machines for realism.
:lol:

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It could be that the license agreement with a manufacturer states only European equipment. Hence why we see only Euro versions from that manufacturer and hence why those mods will not be allowed on the Giants modhub, as they would violate that agreement.

Additionally, modified versions of in-game equipment violate the modhub terms and conditions, if I remember correctly. I remember reading this back in 17 days and I have no idea if that is still the same.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

theSeb wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25 pm It could be that the license agreement with a manufacturer states only European equipment. Hence why we see only Euro versions from that manufacturer and hence why those mods will not be allowed on the Giants modhub, as they would violate that agreement.

Additionally, modified versions of in-game equipment violate the modhub terms and conditions, if I remember correctly. I remember reading this back in 17 days and I have no idea if that is still the same.
I get taking the stuff Giants added and doing drastic changes...but come on, these aren't drastic changes lol And if it is a licensing issue then say that and I would blame them instead for this dumb issue

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I don’t understand what the first paragraph has to do with topic, because it does not. As for the second:Yes, that would be a very professional thing to do when two companies enter a license agreement. The world does not work like high school.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:59 pm I'm reading on modders sites that Giants is denying alot of mods for Consoles...no licensing issues because it's nothing new and no script issues. Literally denying it because they made American versions...this is stupid! The game already is horrible and metteled with bugs! No good placeables and yet modders make this game better and I for one bought it because of modders being allowed to add things! It's not alot to ask really...they do all the work. I'm still FS17, was hoping to play 19 soon but no fix (yet) and now this...regret pre-ordering the premium edition
Shouldn't you establish if this is true or not, before complaining about it?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

As Giants is a European company, it is entirely likely that licensing etc was done with European divisions of the companies involved which would explain what was mentioned earlier a likely reason.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Rickenbacker wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:59 pm I'm reading on modders sites that Giants is denying alot of mods for Consoles...no licensing issues because it's nothing new and no script issues. Literally denying it because they made American versions...this is stupid! The game already is horrible and metteled with bugs! No good placeables and yet modders make this game better and I for one bought it because of modders being allowed to add things! It's not alot to ask really...they do all the work. I'm still FS17, was hoping to play 19 soon but no fix (yet) and now this...regret pre-ordering the premium edition
Well every mod page I am apart of is saying the same thing...not sure what else is needed?

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 pm
Rickenbacker wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 pm
Well every mod page I am apart of is saying the same thing...not sure what else is needed?
And what mod sites are these?
the big print giveth the small print taketh