FS 2019 LIZARD HULK issues with the third lift axle

JACK LANGSTON NIKE

FS 2019 LIZARD HULK issues with the third lift axle

Post by JACK LANGSTON NIKE »

The truck that I've been waiting for in the franchise has finally arrived, the tri axle, Lizard Hulk, sure its powerful, but it gave me a dissatisfaction when I first test drove before putting into forestry service in Ravenpot. The third axle is not lowerable or liftable, but it does roll freely when it makes contact with the ground when your going over terrain with bumps, it should be able to lower and lift and give a third axle power to haul heavy trailers. Hopefully we will see mods in the commming months that have lifting axles.
Kamoore65536

Re: FS 2019 LIZARD HULK issues with the third lift axle

Post by Kamoore65536 »

I have been a truck driver for 50 years and have never used a tri or quad axle truck or semi tractor that had the liftable axles also be driving axles. All the trucks that I have used that had those extra axles were for Heavy haul applications where there was more than the allowable axle weights with a tandem axle semi or trailer and those axles were down only when you were loaded.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
drb

Post by drb »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:13 pm extra axles were for Heavy haul applications where there was more than the allowable axle weights
I'm curious, were these lift axles ever steering axles as well? Would you ever see a setup like the Lizard Hulk with a steering axle ahead of the two drive axles? I know this is something one might commonly see in Europe - I imagine due to the shorter wheelbases of European trucks - but don't know whether it would be done on an American style truck.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

drb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:23 am
Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:13 pm extra axles were for Heavy haul applications where there was more than the allowable axle weights
I'm curious, were these lift axles ever steering axles as well? Would you ever see a setup like the Lizard Hulk with a steering axle ahead of the two drive axles? I know this is something one might commonly see in Europe - I imagine due to the shorter wheelbases of European trucks - but don't know whether it would be done on an American style truck.

Yes a lift axle is almost always a steering axle when placed in front of 2 drive axles on a truck... But it is not steered by the steering wheel in the cab like the front axle... It simply follows the direction of travel by drag or friction with the ground. Lift axles never have power from the engine as they are simply there to accommodate more weight. Trailers commonly have non steering lift axles, also to accomidate more weight. I'm also a professional truck driver.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Yes some trucks have twin steering axles. concrete pump trucks & truck cranes are two that come to mind.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

I've seen twin steers before as well
Guil

Post by Guil »

Some also have triple steer axles. My last Volvo was 8x4 so two drive and two steer, the new one is 8x2 so one drive and three steer.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

You can get driven lift axles which are most common on heavy haulage and construction/quarry applications. The truck in question though, that axle is just a freewheel. It wouldn't be steerable but it would have a degree of steering through bushes and the forces applied to it. This should absolutely be functional in the game! Not sure why you would model it with a lift axle but not make it work??
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have you any examples of truck with a driven lift axle? Also lots of lift axles are steered too.
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

So is this going to be "fixed"?
Squirrel2004_448

Post by Squirrel2004_448 »

On most trucks in US if it has dual wheels on each side for a tag axle its is there to distribute weight, isn't steerable, and has to be raised to be able to turn the truck. If the tag axle has a single tire on each side that looks like a steer tire then it turns the same as the steer on the front does and can be left down when making turns.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Squirrel2004_448 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:19 pm On most trucks in US if it has dual wheels on each side for a tag axle its is there to distribute weight, isn't steerable, and has to be raised to be able to turn the truck. If the tag axle has a single tire on each side that looks like a steer tire then it turns the same as the steer on the front does and can be left down when making turns.
My end dump has dual tag axles which are both steerable however we lift them when turning corners due to the amount of weight we carry. Otherwise leaving them down around corners puts far too much pressure on the axle brackets and they will crack and break.

Anyone who has had one or both of those brackets break going down the road will tell you it's not a very fun ride trying to get slowed down.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

True but with dead steer axles i have found that some are better at turning then others so it all depends on the brand so it goes back to you get want you pay for
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Guil wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am Have you any examples of truck with a driven lift axle? Also lots of lift axles are steered too.
Yup old riteway cement trucks. The rear axle used the same tires as the drives. Didnt come off the ground very far but could be lifted when empty and when you locked the rear drives it was a 3rd rear drive axle.
FrodeS

Post by FrodeS »

Guil wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am Have you any examples of truck with a driven lift axle? Also lots of lift axles are steered too.
SISU trucks, manufactured in Finland, does lift and drive disconnect on current trucks. :)