Large Silo Extension (how far can you go?)

lefe1

Large Silo Extension (how far can you go?)

Post by lefe1 »

Man! I lost money. I placed a Large Silo Extension by the grain silo but it did not add the 100,000L to my total capacity. but when I was placing the Large Silo Extension it was green so I thought that it would work since in fs17 if you placed it to far away it would turn red because it was too far away from main silo. Not in fs19 it's still green. so I sold it and moved it closer to the grain silo, it works now.........

So my question is how far away can you place the Large Silo Extension before it doesn't add the 100,000L to your main grain silo?
lefe1

Re: Large Silo Extension (how far can you go?)

Post by lefe1 »

not on the PS4 :wink:
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

now I mad *thumbsdown* ok so now I can't get that 100,000L of canola out of the Silo Extension , it let me put 300,000L of canola in the grain silo, but it's only letting me take out 200,000L. this blows, and I even have 300,000L of soy beans in it too...
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

oh so there is a bug with the Silo Extension but consoles won't see it for awhile. very very frustrating. this is the 1st major bug for me spent hours and 2 game days doing fields 1,2,3 and 4 on ravenport with soy beans and canola. so I can sell them when the price is high... mmmmmm. going to watch the NFL,, GO! SKINS!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I know when I tried to sell a grain silo with things in it, a box popped up telling me it wasn’t empty and gave me the option to sell the contents.

Maybe worth a try?
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Wait, does land price fluctuate? I’ve had the same value on my land for the last 4 game days...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think lefe meant the price of soybeans fluctuates
ereedks

Post by ereedks »

FARMBOSS wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:30 pm lefe, if you want, you can get a multisilo mod which will have 5M capacity.
I did even better than that. I don't do multiplayer so I altered the files in Program FIles (x86)/Farming Simulator 2019/data/placeables/farmSilos and changed the farmSiloLarge.xml, farmSiloSmall.xml, and siloExtension.xml capacities to 2 billion, 500 million, and 1.5 billion respectively. Giants has a notice that if you change any of these files you can't use multiplayer but I don't plan on that anyway. Now anytime I start any game, whether the map is a mod or original, the silos have that capacity in them. I even changed what they can store (now not just grains but earth fruits, all the grasses, TMR, silage, wood chips, fertilizer, seeds, etc). Then I edited my savegame files and put all the crops/items at 90 full. I don't think I'll run out of anything for a while. lol
Although Lefe was referring to how far away from a silo can you place an extension silo.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Now give yourself a few billion $£€ and ya don't have to play the game anymore.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Some people simply prefer to play this game as a (quasi) vehicle and farming simulator, as opposed to trying to minmax an unbalanced economy.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:05 pm oh so there is a bug with the Silo Extension but consoles won't see it for awhile. very very frustrating. this is the 1st major bug for me spent hours and 2 game days doing fields 1,2,3 and 4 on ravenport with soy beans and canola. so I can sell them when the price is high... mmmmmm. going to watch the NFL,, GO! SKINS!
Also learned my lesson the hard way about the extension. The only consolation is that if you sell the extensions, the system also sells the grain in them from the highest price at that particular time. At least your grain just doesn't vanish without a gain. I saved my money this way for a couple of hunderd thousand liters.
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

yep, that's what I did was sell it. and received the money for the crops that was in it. so I bought all my cotton equipment. and my team doesn't play till tonight.. Go! Skins..

and I would still like to know how far can we put the Silo Extension from the main silo before it doesn't work? or is it going to be fixed that it will turn red if you try to place it too far from the grain silo?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I don't think what you experienced is related to distance.

This is what happened to me yesterday:

I put 2 extensions like 2 meters away from the main silo. One on the right side and the other on the left side. On flat ground with perfect allignment. My total silo capacity went up to 400k.
But extensions also added 200k capacity in total to the railroad silos. They had 200k capacity each before the extensions and jumped up to 300k after the extensions.

The bug with the system is, when you put grain into your main silo with extensions, it is divided between all the silos including the railroad silos.
Because the extensions also affect the railroad silos and kinda makes them the part of the silo system.

However, as the unloading pipe of the main silo is not connected to the railroad silos, you just can't get the divided amount (that is gone to the railroad silos) from that pipe.
But you also can't get it from the railroad silos either.

So, the grain simply sits in between. It is not in your silos and it is not in the railroad silos.

Tbh, I didn't bother with reporting it because Giants just stopped even looking at the bug reports.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

This game keeps getting better and better. :lol:

I don't even have a silo on Ravenport. Just going to use the train silos. That is, if I could play the game long enough to harvest a crop.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:
If you just place a main silo, it is ok. The problem is with the extensions.
But yeah, as railroad silos don't charge you storage fees anymore as they did in FS17, using them will be a cheaper option.
PS5 / FS22