Have you noticed.......

BostonJohnny1226

Have you noticed.......

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I know the game has some downsides and some things need fixing or improving, each version had some when first launched. But the game has gotten better over time. I’d like to start a conversation about the little improvements that we have noticed but maybe others haven’t so here’s a couple. Have you noticed:

That when working in a field, your tractor not only kicks up dust but also chunks of dirt.

When your vehicle is working in a field and gets close to the road, the traffic stops and waits for it to complete it’s turn.

What have you seen?
Rasping rabbit

Re: Have you noticed.......

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The dust kicked up at the header of the harvesters looks cool.

Plus the little things like when you ‘graze’ a roadsign it twists a little rather than just flying across the road
NateS

Post by NateS »

Bale physics is much improved. I enjoy stacking bales at in 17 they would get jittery and sometimes blow the stack up from the middle. I've been able to make awsome bale piles now with no issues... other than my own mistakes.
PC & PS4
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

The movement of the crops when you drive over them or even walk through them looks great.
I have even been trying to “trick” the game and see if they clip through any parts of machines but they all seem to affect the crops as expected.

I am really happy with the physics in general so far, it is a nice balance between default FS17 where everything feels too easy, and the More Realistic mod where some things were way too heavy and caused problems.

I have pretty recently started a new save on Felsbrun and it is actually fun having smaller tractors and watching them struggle with certain tools where the required power is nearly the same as the tractors power. I have been using hired workers and watching the tractors pulling my planter up a hill and you can see visible wheel spin on the steeper parts of the fields as the tractors slow down.
I need to experiment more now to see how much different wheel setups and weights affect the traction, I hope it is all realistic.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
BostonJohnny1226

It’s like they have the terrain mod in too where the tires “sink” into the soil and struggle a bit going up hill
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 am It’s like they have the terrain mod in too where the tires “sink” into the soil and struggle a bit going up hill
They built in the mod where the wheels react to the terrain, can’t remember what it was called or if that is the mod you mean. Also the tire dirt mod and obviously crop destruction.
BostonJohnny1226

It is yes
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

One of best small things I notice is the hands on the clock icon move.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The black and white picture of a Zetor in the farm house, a reminder of simpler times...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

The compass!
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

A small simple thing I noticed, when you flip a vehicle, a lot of times you can turn it back upright by turn the wheels and pressing the gas. Or maybe it was only the side x side. Either way it's better than always having to reset it.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
ereedks

Post by ereedks »

cmdrbyron wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:50 pm The compass!
Compass? Where? I'm on a PC and there's no compass. I look forward to there being one, it makes it easier to work the fields in a straight line.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

BullFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:26 pm The movement of the crops when you drive over them or even walk through them looks great.
I have even been trying to “trick” the game and see if they clip through any parts of machines but they all seem to affect the crops as expected.

I am really happy with the physics in general so far, it is a nice balance between default FS17 where everything feels too easy, and the More Realistic mod where some things were way too heavy and caused problems.

I have pretty recently started a new save on Felsbrun and it is actually fun having smaller tractors and watching them struggle with certain tools where the required power is nearly the same as the tractors power. I have been using hired workers and watching the tractors pulling my planter up a hill and you can see visible wheel spin on the steeper parts of the fields as the tractors slow down.
I need to experiment more now to see how much different wheel setups and weights affect the traction, I hope it is all realistic.
The mahindra will clip through crops.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yeah, I've missed the compass too. I've not played enough to notice I guess.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's on the bottom of the mini map before the coordinates.