Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

CaveFarmer

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by CaveFarmer »

reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:47 am
MF35 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:41 pm My question is how would animal grazing work on Marwell Farm and Oakfield as the sheep and cows are built into the map and not placable pens?
Not sure. It will be up to the map author to make it compatible.

jah6575 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:29 am Will grass fields need to be rotated as well?
Yes grass fields are part of the rotation. But the penalty for growing grass as monoculture is quite small (90% of full yield).

CaveFarmer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:00 am Does anyone know when about they came up with the idea of seasons mod for FS17??
Development for Seasons17 started in beginning of November 2016 and took 7 months before the ModContest submission.

We've had a bit of vacation now and will get back to "work" shortly. :)
Great thanks :wink3: Then I predict it could be around june, july time if all goes smooth. We will have a actual lovely Christmas in july!! ( just an aussie thing as some people want to have a winter christmas haha). Whenever it is keep up the good work!!
FS19 - 200 hours
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 am You cannot attend with same mod twice so we are not attending. Even though most of mod is rewritten, most will say it is the same mod.
Same mod ?!?! Well, what can I say, all tires are round so they must be all the same right? :biggrin2:
Giants needs a dose of "logic" insertion into all their decisions.
PS5 / FS22
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 am
reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 am You cannot attend with same mod twice so we are not attending. Even though most of mod is rewritten, most will say it is the same mod.posting.php?mode=quote&f=963&p=1134247#
Same mod ?!?! Well, what can I say, all tires are round so they must be all the same right? :biggrin2:
For some things yes haha. They need us to have fun aswell. This is what we need. Image
A croc seeder. :gamer:
FS19 - 200 hours
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

MF35 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:41 pm Hi I seen in this forum that the animal grazing is going to be implemented in to seasons and that it recognises the grass in the animal pens.
My question is how would animal grazing work on Marwell Farm and Oakfield as the sheep and cows are built into the map and not placable pens?

Keep up the good work and can’t wait until seasons is released
Animal pens are placeables on every map because that is required by FS19. We will have to see if the grazing also works correctly. If not it might need a minor update in the map.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

It would be grate if possible to extend the grazing area. Not just limited to whatever😊
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:47 am
jah6575 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:29 am Will grass fields need to be rotated as well?
Yes grass fields are part of the rotation. But the penalty for growing grass as monoculture is quite small (90% of full yield).
Hmm I was kind of hoping they didn't get any penalty or bonus for crop rotation. I know someone said that they know farmers who rotate grass but I've never seen it done in North America. Re-seeding grass if it gets sparse maybe but not properly rotating it in.

On another note, how does sugarcane fit into the crop rotation with it being able to grow for 3 seasons without needing plowing?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Even though it is not very common to rotate grass does not mean it is not beneficial. Also the penalty in this case is so small that unless you want to create yourself alot of work you can just keep grass fields monoculture. Cotton and sugarcane will be similar to grass.
Windy Crest Farm

Post by Windy Crest Farm »

Is it possible to have the time frame for hay, grass and straw to be more like real life? For hay typically we mow today and ted a few hours later, then ted again the next day and windrow a couple hours after that before bailing. For haylage it's usually less time as the grass is acceptable and preferable to have a higher moisture content. And of course straw is simply bailed when convenient and dry. I found in 17 with it disappearing overnight it wasn't very realistic.
PS3
thinking of jumping to PC
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Windy Crest Farm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:08 pm Is it possible to have the time frame for hay, grass and straw to be more like real life? For hay typically we mow today and ted a few hours later, then ted again the next day and windrow a couple hours after that before bailing. For haylage it's usually less time as the grass is acceptable and preferable to have a higher moisture content. And of course straw is simply bailed when convenient and dry. I found in 17 with it disappearing overnight it wasn't very realistic.
You have to remember though that "overnight" in-game represents the gamified passage of much more than just one day's time. In 6-day seasons for instance each day represents approximately two weeks of equivalent real life time. In 3-day seasons one day is about a month. Leaving a crop sit out "overnight" in the game is the equivalent of leaving it sit out a couple weeks in real life.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 am Same mod ?!?! Well, what can I say, all tires are round so they must be all the same right? :biggrin2:
Lets not also forget that that there is a Giants employee that is working on the Seasons mod.. pretty sure even if it was eligible to enter the contest it wouldn't be allowed to because of that.

Not to high-jack the thread, but mod contest voters should pay particular attention to the 'GlobalCompany' script that will be entered into the contest. You want something that will be game changing for all (including console) users? Check that out.. Just sayin.

Now back to the topic at hand.
cheffe90

Post by cheffe90 »

I remember a post about using an existing savegame with seasons will work but it is not recommended.

Is there a list or something showing the main differences/disadvantages between using an existing savegame and starting a completely new?
PS4 - Geiselsberg
FS since '08
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 amNot to high-jack the thread, but mod contest voters should pay particular attention to the 'GlobalCompany' script that will be entered into the contest. You want something that will be game changing for all (including console) users? Check that out.. Just sayin.
That looks like something much more complicated than just a script.
It looks and sounds exciting but at the end of line there is Giants. So, I really don't keep my hopes high.
PS5 / FS22
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

cheffe90 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:44 am I remember a post about using an existing savegame with seasons will work but it is not recommended.

Is there a list or something showing the main differences/disadvantages between using an existing savegame and starting a completely new?
Using an existing savegame with Seasons could break the save, though on PC that isn't a real problem because you'll always have backups.
Seasons also prefers to reset all crop growth stages to 'harvested', to sync them all. So if all your fields are ready for harvest, you lose a bit of work.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm Even though it is not very common to rotate grass does not mean it is not beneficial. Also the penalty in this case is so small that unless you want to create yourself alot of work you can just keep grass fields monoculture. Cotton and sugarcane will be similar to grass.
Very excited about this new, mostly re-written, Seasons mod! Thank you very much.

Will custom crops and filltypes be easily incorporated (for map makers)??
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Why will Cotton be the same? It does not regrow ingame and you have to plow (or is it cultivating - can't remember corectly) after harvesting...
PS4 und PC