Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

heavymetalisthelaw

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by heavymetalisthelaw »

One page earlier:
reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm Even though it is not very common to rotate grass does not mean it is not beneficial. Also the penalty in this case is so small that unless you want to create yourself alot of work you can just keep grass fields monoculture. Cotton and sugarcane will be similar to grass.
beanie_D3

Post by beanie_D3 »

Quick question, will seasons affect grip and the required hp to work or will autumn spring and summer have the same drivetrain characteristics?
Many thanks
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

beanie_D3 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:52 am Quick question, will seasons affect grip and the required hp to work or will autumn spring and summer have the same drivetrain characteristics?
Many thanks
On effecting HP would that happen when muddy??
Also Will we have different ground textures etc depending on the season or weather??
FS19 - 200 hours
usaric

Post by usaric »

beanie_D3 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:52 am Quick question, will seasons affect grip and the required hp to work or will autumn spring and summer have the same drivetrain characteristics?
Many thanks
For that, we would need the MR Engine Mod that existed in Fs17. But the modder already said he does not have the time and energy to convert it to Fs19
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

We are not touching anything regarding the engine in Seasons. Regarding grip the only thing we do is to specify friction when driving in snow. And you could say that since Seasons controls how wet the ground is, grip will be reduced compared to vanilla, but not sure if it actually is noticable as grip in vanilla is 2x realistic values.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

(Ignore, replying to totally the wrong thread because I'm a moron lol)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
usaric

Post by usaric »

Have a few questions/suggestions: Will there be any changes in how the rain falls and how they sound (light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms)?, or this is a part of the game engine that is not changeable? Will the rain affect temperature? (In FS17, for example, running Seasons, when the rain falls, the temperature does not drop). Also, will Seasons create random climate harzards that will make you lose all you planted? Forcing the player to "buy" crop insurance ou even invest in more high tech weather prediction? Keep up with the excellent work!
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

No disrespect but I hope not don't like the sound of losing crops if it is please make it that we can switch random weather event damage on or off!! loved seasons in fs17 made the game more complete and excited to hear about progress for fs19 seasons mod
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

A question: Will seasons make the sound of the footsteps change depending on what surface we're walking on? It would be great if you could add a special sound effect when we walk through puddles or through mud. Oh yeah, and add more puddles when it rains please! :biggrin2:

But seriously, since Seasons is such a massive and incredible mod, it seems like everybody thinks this is a good place to ask for whatever features they want to see implemented. Seasons is already a huge mod and I'm sure Realismus already have their work cut out. Maybe we should just let them get on with it? Many of these ideas are good, but I suspect they would be better addressed by separate mods or by future updates...
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

Sorry to go back to the crop rotation thing, but for grass fields would it not be better if you would just have to plough them in and replant grass rather than plant I different crop, like reseeding in real life.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

usaric wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm Have a few questions/suggestions: Will there be any changes in how the rain falls and how they sound (light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms)?, or this is a part of the game engine that is not changeable? Will the rain affect temperature? (In FS17, for example, running Seasons, when the rain falls, the temperature does not drop). Also, will Seasons create random climate harzards that will make you lose all you planted? Forcing the player to "buy" crop insurance ou even invest in more high tech weather prediction? Keep up with the excellent work!
We have a new sound system for rain/wind/hail/storms that produces different sounds depending on the wind speed or amount of rain. Weather now also affects growth more but up to a limit (certainly not losing everything)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

This will be a totally new game!

A bit on the side, if Seasons isnt implemented in FS21, my guess is that sales will take a huge hit!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I know. And totally agree if it was up to my own preference. But one day, RM will not use all their evenings, weekends and hollidays to make this mod. Might not be a problem for FS21, but some day
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 am
Not to high-jack the thread, but mod contest voters should pay particular attention to the 'GlobalCompany' script that will be entered into the contest. You want something that will be game changing for all (including console) users? Check that out.. Just sayin.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Is there more information about this script that elaborates on what you’re talking about at all?
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
usaric

Post by usaric »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
usaric wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm Have a few questions/suggestions: Will there be any changes in how the rain falls and how they sound (light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms)?, or this is a part of the game engine that is not changeable? Will the rain affect temperature? (In FS17, for example, running Seasons, when the rain falls, the temperature does not drop). Also, will Seasons create random climate harzards that will make you lose all you planted? Forcing the player to "buy" crop insurance ou even invest in more high tech weather prediction? Keep up with the excellent work!
We have a new sound system for rain/wind/hail/storms that produces different sounds depending on the wind speed or amount of rain. Weather now also affects growth more but up to a limit (certainly not losing everything)
Nice, thanks for sharing. Despite all the criticism from some people that suffer from anxiety, I do hope this mod can make this game a more enjoyable one, with attention to the details. Keep up with no hurries. Thanks again.