Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Addictedtofs

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by Addictedtofs »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 pm
You also make hay in the summer if you need it.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Wagnerddragon

Post by Wagnerddragon »

Addictedtofs wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:26 pm To me it changes the whole feel of the game, in a positive way. I sometimes wish I had never played seasons, because it has ruined the game without it.
I had abandoned the fs17, when it appeared the season changed everything I played even more the fs17.
Wagnerddragon

Post by Wagnerddragon »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 pm I am new to FS but this mod sounds really like what I expected the game to be like. How long do seasons last in game days? Do you only harvest once or twice a “year”? Can you adjust season length for days you want to really churn things?
you will use the time you are not harvesting or sowing, to sell your crops during the year, as the price changes during the seasons.
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

Winter is for forestry and selling stuff!
RoAn05t

Post by RoAn05t »

Any udates on seasons? :gamer:
Ps4 player
Want to play ask me :biggrin2:
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I tried to search the topic about effects of a continuing with Seasons on an existing savegame.

Since Im totally bored without Seasons I want to start a save on Hofgut Brook and make the farm ready. As in bying land, place a farmhouse and so on, and thats it. Will I benefit from starting a save with Seasons installed or is it totally indifferent if I make my farm ready in this way and wait for Seasons to arrive?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

TheCanadianJD wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:32 am This may have been posted earlier and if it has I apologize but will the Wopster tool be available again? I loved being able to see how old my trees were and if I needed to thin them out with it. I thought it was a really nice tool.
Yes
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 am I tried to search the topic about effects of a continuing with Seasons on an existing savegame.

Since Im totally bored without Seasons I want to start a save on Hofgut Brook and make the farm ready. As in bying land, place a farmhouse and so on, and thats it. Will I benefit from starting a save with Seasons installed or is it totally indifferent if I make my farm ready in this way and wait for Seasons to arrive?
You can do this just fine. Once you start with Seasons you will reset all growth so it becomes the first day of spring.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 am
JohnDeere77 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 am I tried to search the topic about effects of a continuing with Seasons on an existing savegame.

You can do this just fine. Once you start with Seasons you will reset all growth so it becomes the first day of spring.
Only bad thing that you need to wait long time before seasons will arrive.

I even left some maps untouched to try them with seasons. Not sure how many suitable maps will come before seasons finally arrive.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 am

Great news, I have been putting off setting up a permanent farm as I was worried seasons would require new game save.
Can't wait to enjoy the newest masterpiece
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Konnork98

Post by Konnork98 »

I think everyone’s getting antsy for another update or teaser or maybe an idea of when we will finally be getting this wonderful gift you geniuses call seasons!!
Wagnerddragon

Post by Wagnerddragon »

Konnork98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 am I think everyone’s getting antsy for another update or teaser or maybe an idea of when we will finally be getting this wonderful gift you geniuses call seasons!!
this topic is already 6 months and the game has already been released 7 months and we expect too much for this mod!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

We do need another tease, but only something quick as its only going to take up time that could be better spent getting it released. Personally im happy to wait, also I don't expect anything other than seasonal weather patterns, seasonal crop growth and temperature variation. All of which were done before in 17, I don't think that's expecting too much, or is it?
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think that the majority of people are just expecting it to be as good as it was for 17 which no doubt it will be and hoping for some new/different features.

Don’t forget as well when asking for updates etc that these guys make this mod in their spare time just because they enjoy it.
Wagnerddragon

Post by Wagnerddragon »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm I think that the majority of people are just expecting it to be as good as it was for 17 which no doubt it will be and hoping for some new/different features.

Don’t forget as well when asking for updates etc that these guys make this mod in their spare time just because they enjoy it.
who can make a donation for the guys is good, since the guys do not gain anything to produce these mod.