Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

blue_painted

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by blue_painted »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 am
EDIT: 317 cows are quite hard to feed.
Oh goody! Looking forward to that! :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We have now a German translation of the What's new post:

https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... 19.de.html
Meckel34

Post by Meckel34 »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:36 am There are both spring and winter varieties of Oats. The winter varieties will most definitely be frost resistant.

http://seedtech.ie/index.php/en/product ... winter_oat
Thank you. I've never Seen in Germany...
MfG
Meckel34

Alle LS- Versionen, alle DLC's, alles 2x. Mobil LS 14, 16, DC, SRS
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 pm
Bcousins10626 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:58 am
makefs19greatagain wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:51 am So in regards to the Crop Rotation planner in Farmer Klein's video, there were several instances where leaving a field Fallow after planting and harvesting a crop the previous year led to a bonus in the previous years crop. How is this going to work? How is the field able to tell if I am going to leave the field Fallow for a year after I have already harvested the field and (assumingly) collected the grain with the bonus included? I don't understand how what I plant 'next' year will impact 'this' year's yield since I could easily change my mind post-harvest.

**edit** I'm stupid, its a rotation. of course it will affect what happens previous because its a loop. especially if its a shorter rotation. :lol:
I'm confused by this as well. I'm hoping it will all be explained in the manual they're gonna release hopefully today or tomorrow. If not, farmer Klein will have another video up today at least!
Its because its supposed to be a circle, so eventually it goes back to the top and then it would have an effect on that crop
I think the increase/decrease in crop yield only happens on the 2nd time around the rotation cycle, rightly so forward planning cannot effect historic yield; unless I've totally missed something??
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Last edited by CudoYT on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

CudoYT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm I have two questions.

When the year is to dry, will you have to harvest earlier to have better yield?

If yes, has the in the wopster tool integrated water measure (with them you can see how much water in your fruits is) a function?
So that for each fruit type you have different values when you get more or less yield? (In reallife it is veeery important to look after these values) because at 18 % water in plants they have to dry the corn or fruit (you know what i mean)

Would be nice, then summer would be really stressful like in reallife!
Sadly we have not gotten to this level of awesomeness yet. Consider what we’ve done as the first steps on a journey to something great.
usaric

Post by usaric »

I´ve seen Farmer´s Klein YT video showing Seasons mod and I have to say, it is great! You guys did a superb job! Congrats.

But when I was reading your blog, I´ve seen you guys considered implementing "Crop Insurance" to the mod (coincidentally I made this suggestion a few months ago), but you gave up stating it was a cheat.

Well, it depends how you do it (anyway, isn´t the "Government Subsized" a big cheat)?

But let me suggest this. If you could enable this option in the Seasons Menu, like "Crop insurance - ON and OFF" (hence a player´s choice), a daily (or on each season transition) payment would be deducted from your account (I was thinking maybe 0,5% of the field(s) value). When you get a frost or drought and you lose all you planted, the insurance could refund you maybe 120% of what you´ve paid for the insurance on that year - or it could calculate what the average profit would be for that particular harvest and guarantee, let´s say 70% of the income). All of this calculations could be fine tuned to prevent it to be considered a simple Cheat. So my point is that if you plant and harvest all right, you only had EXPENSE, so I think the concept of the "Crop Insurance" is not really a cheat.

Another way of doing it could be: at the beginning of each year a pop-up message could ask: "would you like to hire crop insurance for all of your fields this year for $ XXXX? Click yes or no". That way you could decide not hire the insurance when putting your fields into Fallow.

Or even on the map menu, you click X (Lands) and then on a specific field you own and press a button to hire the insurance for that specific field that year.

So maybe you guys could re-evaluate this possibility in a future update. I thing it would be a cool stuff to have, at least as an option (enable and disable).

Thanks.
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Last edited by CudoYT on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We could do all sorts of things. But then we would never release.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

*realismus accidently creates new farm game trying to add requested features for seasons19* :lol:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Imagine there will be a Seasons Simulator 21 with the Mod "Farming". LOL
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
WGC Niklas

Post by WGC Niklas »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 pm We have now a German translation of the What's new post:

https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... 19.de.html
Will the manual for how do include seasons into a mod map be available in German as well?
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I watched Farmer´s Klein YT video showing Seasons mod and it looks pretty good.

I have two questions:

1) How is a player supposed to deal with water requirements with a) no irrigation equipment and b) no drain tiling equipment? Can this feature be turned off? This seems like RNG to screw the player for the sake of RNG.

2) Why does crop rotation look backwards? Forward looking makes sense, but if I can't come up with a logical reason why planting something after the current crop would drive up the current crops yield. My assumption is that the player needs to actually look at each field when they start the game and enter in the current, previous and before previous crops (years 1, 2 and 3) and the enter in what they want to do for year 4; meaning it should actually look like this:
  • Before previous state/crop - fallow - yield value pointless
  • Previous state/crop - cerial - yield value pointless
  • Current state/crop - canola - yield value pointless
  • Plant current year - the players actual choice - yield value matters
  • Plant next year - what crop - yield value matters
  • Plant following year - yield value matters
If you look at the 22 minute mark in the video, when he scrolls through the crops, the value of the yield on the 4th crop never changes as he cycles through the 5th crop. The 5th crop value changes and the 1st crop (7th) changes. If the 6th crop were populated, it would change as well. This looks to be a UI labeling issue more than anything and works as expected if you view the 4th state as what you need to plant.
Last edited by bossmanslim on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

ltl.vamp wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 pm Imagine there will be a Seasons Simulator 21 with the Mod "Farming". LOL
I use mods for equipment and maps. I will also be using Seasons. It's quite strange to say that I will essentially only be needing Giants for the engine.

Love it.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm I watched Farmer´s Klein YT video showing Seasons mod and it looks pretty good.

I have two questions:

2) Why does crop rotation look backwards?
It dont. The rotation planner is just a planner. And the planner loops
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding