Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

gingeredscot73

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Considring Mod Contest was in July 2018 and the console version didnt release until 15th December 2018 actually took approximately 5 months to come to consoles. Where you get a month and a half from is puzzling.
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm Considring Mod Contest was in July 2018 and the console version didnt release until December 2018 actually took approximately 5 months to come to consoles. Where you get a month and a half from is puzzling.
Please! Stop already! If it was one speculation per day, but its on and on and on..
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

Just a suggestion, or maybe Realismus have thought about it. Is there any chance as an update in the coming months to not allow for seeds to germinate when planting in rain or if the soil is too wet? Just for realism purposes and more of a challenge to get seed into the ground and actually germinate. Just a thought.
Last edited by Bcousins10626 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Bcousins10626 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:56 pm Just a suggestion, or maybe Realismus have thought about it. Is there any chance as an update in the coming months to not allow players to plant when it rains or the soil moisture is too high? Just for realism purposes and more of a challenge to get seed into the ground. Just a thought.
Not a bad idea
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:03 pm
Bcousins10626 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:56 pm Just a suggestion, or maybe Realismus have thought about it. Is there any chance as an update in the coming months to not allow players to plant when it rains or the soil moisture is too high? Just for realism purposes and more of a challenge to get seed into the ground. Just a thought.
Not a bad idea
I had edited my post, saying Instead of not letting players plant, maybe allow us too plant in the rain/wet soil but if we do then we could lose crop germination then that would be our own fault.
Sockerbetan

Post by Sockerbetan »

!?!?!?!?!?!
Last edited by Sockerbetan on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

Just a question (ignore if asked already). But i was watching video from Farmer Klen, and i saw the new way of weed growth. But i somehow have a feeling that they wont create as much as an impact on yield in the game as they used to in the base game. Which is good in a way, but i dont really want to lose the need to get rid of them. In video, FK shows the minimap and weed in fields. And there is some, but not really much (at least it looks like there isn't much, I might be wrong). I don't know how to ask this, but will we even need to get rid of them anymore ? Wont the cost of herbicide outweigh the benefith of removing weeds from the field ? This question might sound a bit dumb, but im just a bit curious. And thank you for your work and effort ;)
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Clearly its eager bunches of children that are asking when, but I think its rather rude that you are labelling all console players with this label. I play on console through choice and not once have I asked when. A lot of console players are mature adults and like the rest of the community we will wait patiently how ever long it takes. I am in no rush to play with Seasons 19. It will release when its ready. Just like 17 it will drop unexpectedly on to the mod hub. In all honesty I don't want to know. I want to be surprised by the whole thing.
LawnBoyDude91

Post by LawnBoyDude91 »

Well sorry if the game is made as a cross platform formatted game. Considering it as a simulator without a single real life concept is why realismus is making seasons. As Giants is seriously lack luster when it comes to making a single simulation based game.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Bogy12 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm Just a question (ignore if asked already). But i was watching video from Farmer Klen, and i saw the new way of weed growth. But i somehow have a feeling that they wont create as much as an impact on yield in the game as they used to in the base game. Which is good in a way, but i dont really want to lose the need to get rid of them. In video, FK shows the minimap and weed in fields. And there is some, but not really much (at least it looks like there isn't much, I might be wrong). I don't know how to ask this, but will we even need to get rid of them anymore ? Wont the cost of herbicide outweigh the benefith of removing weeds from the field ? This question might sound a bit dumb, but im just a bit curious. And thank you for your work and effort ;)
Weeds grow every hour. If you leave them from spring to autumn, you’ll have plenty of weeds. However, I can’t claim that everything is balanced perfectly yet, so we will be looking for this kind of feedback from you guys. My time is better spent writing code than watching weeds grow.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm
Bogy12 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm Just a question (ignore if asked already). But i was watching video from Farmer Klen, and i saw the new way of weed growth. But i somehow have a feeling that they wont create as much as an impact on yield in the game as they used to in the base game. Which is good in a way, but i dont really want to lose the need to get rid of them. In video, FK shows the minimap and weed in fields. And there is some, but not really much (at least it looks like there isn't much, I might be wrong). I don't know how to ask this, but will we even need to get rid of them anymore ? Wont the cost of herbicide outweigh the benefith of removing weeds from the field ? This question might sound a bit dumb, but im just a bit curious. And thank you for your work and effort ;)
Weeds grow every hour. If you leave them from spring to autumn, you’ll have plenty of weeds. However, I can’t claim that everything is balanced perfectly yet, so we will be looking for this kind of feedback from you guys. My time is better spent writing code, than watching weeds grow.
Okay, thank you for your answer. I was just curious. :) Just one more thing about reporting bugs and possible balance changes. How will we (FS community) report bugs to you ? I mean, is there any other way than reporting them here on this forum ? Since there will be plenty of post not related to bugs (post like asking for release date for consoles, asking about features and how things work, post about blablabla). Will we have to write it somewhere on github or some other forum ? :) Thank you
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

A blog post explaining this is being drafted.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:24 pm A blog post explaining this is being drafted.
Okay, thank you :)
Demento

Post by Demento »

Does anyone know that when seasons launches, (new modhub update) will that same update have seasons compatible maps (updates to already launched maps)
Guil

Post by Guil »

No one knows.