Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Guil

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Guil »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm I would assume it will be the same as the majority of mods and realeased separately due to Microsoft/Sony testing
Microsoft and Sony don't test mods, there's an agreement in place about what can't be used and giants stick to that.
AgroMeester

Post by AgroMeester »

Thanks for the update Rahkiin! Really looking forward to playing with Seasons19.

I also like to make some suggestions to consider implementing in the new Seasons19.

Make rain affect harvested crops in trailers. So it would really make sense to use the tarps! I can imagine decreasing volumes in trailer or lower sell prices for wet crops or even some sort of crop-quality-system.

Make rain affect fertiliser stored in spreaders so, like mentioned in point 1, it would require you to actually use the tarps to keep it dry and functioning or HAVE to unload in pallets before rain.

Switching a sprayer from herbicide to fertiliser requires a wash first. That means unloading your excess herbicide, power wash and then reload with fertiliser. Not washing would result in only be able to refill with herbicide and not being able to fill up with fertiliser.

Just some thoughts. Keep up the good work guys!

Greetings,

AgroMeester
Lossberg / Seasons / MR
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Thanks for the update, that's a good one.

Do you think that it's possible to bring the same thing for straw?

In my dad farm, after a rain, we use a tedder to help straw to dry faster.

IE :
Rain = 12 in game hours before straw is ready to pick up
Rain + tedder = 6 hours before it is ready to pick up.

Not essential, but add to realism.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Weasle wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:32 am So you have to do tedding before grass starts to dry?

Are we going to have a tool like wopster to see the status of the grass or does the field info going to show that?

Thanks,
DO I look like a tool to you :shock: :mrgreen:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wopster wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 pm
Weasle wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:32 am So you have to do tedding before grass starts to dry?

Are we going to have a tool like wopster to see the status of the grass or does the field info going to show that?

Thanks,
Now the name makes some sense :lol: :lol:
PS5 / FS22
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Wopster wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Lol I had to reread that before I got the joke.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:31 pm A gameplay update:

Remember the grass, hay and straw rotting in Seasons for FS17? With new engine changes in FS19 we have been able to redo this system for Seasons 19.

Firstly, hay and straw heaps now don't rot when stored under a roof just like bales.

Secondly, we have also created a whole new grass system. It solves the issue of grass swaths rotting within a day and adds weather based gameplay to working with grass.
After tedding, the sun will need to dry the grass before it becomes hay. Is the weather bad and does it rain? Then the dry grass turns bad instead and will eventually start to rot.
when will you start to make some videos to explain the new features and news of the seasons19? ...
Chuck28

Post by Chuck28 »

They will when it’s ready.
Fs17 - fs19 ps4. Real life farmer in Ohio. Alllll JD
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They don't release videos on how seasons works. It would be almost impossible to wrap up all the features in a video.
They have a quite useful and detailed manual for FS17 seasons and as far as I know they will make the same for FS19 too.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They have done a guide on their website
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

There are also plently of youtubers that make instruction videos shortly after release. And they probably make them much better than we could :)

For 17 we updated the website regularly (i.e. more often than the ingame manual) and I wrote several blog posts about some of the features to explain the background. The blog posts were usually written as an extended response to some question on a forum.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Really looking forward to the new Seasons, thanks developers of it for all your hard work.

Wondering if/how Seasons will be modifying the in-game economy?
Pommfix

Post by Pommfix »

Hope it comes soon. Can't wait die it. In Fs17 ist was great, think in FS19 it will mich netter.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

I think there is nothing to add for this great mods .. just one thing .. that "coming when its ready" troubles me a little .. may be next week as July as December .. do not get me wrong because I respect the work of developers , but for me fs19 without seasons was just a test from maybe 2 hours of play .. I hope not in something immediate, but not even something end of the year .. a middle ground I mean ..
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

JD92 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:21 pm I think there is nothing to add for this great mods .. just one thing .. that "coming when its ready" troubles me a little .. may be next week as July as December .. do not get me wrong because I respect the work of developers , but for me fs19 without seasons was just a test from maybe 2 hours of play .. I hope not in something immediate, but not even something end of the year .. a middle ground I mean ..
I agree