Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Mwal

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Mwal »

I have a quick question, if I get my farm set up (put the starter buildings where I want them, buy fields, grub trees, level terrain) before seasons comes out will that have any effect on my game once it comes out or should I start over after it’s release? I plan to play on ravenport the factory American map. I know this may have been asked recently but I couldn’t make sense of whether the comment was referring to making a new map or which map they plan to play on.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The only change will be that all fields revert back to harvested and you start in spring.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Guil wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:03 pm Guys, everyone relax. It's been stated numerous times why seasons isn't in the base game and realismus do an excellent job on making it, not to mention the countless hours writing thousands of lines of code and testing.

Let's all have a bit of respect and patience please.
Respect to Giants and Realismus, Amen to that
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Jimbomodder wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 pm My personal thoughts on seasons are it is a game changer but did it stop me buying fs19? No, and never will. Hope is always there that it will come and when it does I'll enjoy even more, I really don't see why people need to moan and whatnot as they know how long it took on 17, only difference is they are not doing a beta this time around. Still doesn't stop me playing the game though.
just to say that I really enjoyed your comment, I will also love playing with seasons but I would never stop playing without it because I love playing anyway.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Guil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:47 pm The only change will be that all fields revert back to harvested and you start in spring.
Ok thanks, I had just read in a previous post something about snow mask and snow fall being different so I was confused. So I will carry on with building my perfect starter farm for seasons. Thanks again.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The only thing you need to do before activating seasons is make sure all your fields are harvested so that when you load in with seasons the first time you want lose any crops as guil stated the game resets all fields to harvested so that all the crops are in the same state and thus can be uniform in there states during seasons
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by Rahkiin »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am
Rahkiin wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm <snip> ... and that it also solves a bunch of gameplay issues seasons17 had.
What were the gameplay issues? I know there were some things that couldn't be worked around -- bales rotting over night, snow on road objects -- but were you referring to something else?
Grass rotting even inside sheds, or rotting in a day. Every year being the same. Boring winters (we are still trying to solve that one, but not sure it will be in)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Also, we are at around 94%.

We will not be able to release as smoothly as before because we don't have 100s of testers like we did for fs17. So be warned: you'll find bugs. If you report them, we'll fix them.
Once we know we are stable, we will go to console as well (hopefully quite soon after release).

Again, I also want this released but there is only so much time in a day. We are not going to divorce our wives and quit our jobs to make a mod as a hobby.

Due to the nature of FS19 changing a lot of things internally this whole rewrite just takes a while (longer than we expected). Let's hope that's not the case for possible future versions...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:03 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm <snip> ... and that it also solves a bunch of gameplay issues seasons17 had.
What were the gameplay issues? I know there were some things that couldn't be worked around -- bales rotting over night, snow on road objects -- but were you referring to something else?
Grass rotting even inside sheds, or rotting in a day. Every year being the same. Boring winters (we are still trying to solve that one, but not sure it will be in)
But winters ARE boring! That's what speed up time is for :)

And I volunteer to test!

:)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:03 pm
As far as boring winters go have you ever considered making animals have to be fed more often in the winter and bedded with straw daily and cleaned up after daily to more accurately represent real life winter and the greater amount of time spent inside. Also what about trucking contracts or snow removal contracts.
Shambala12

Post by Shambala12 »

There wouldn't be a shortage of testers if you ask for them. Bet a lot of people, including myself would happily volunteer to help test, it gives us early access to seasons and helps you fix bugs.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

I think it's a much better solution to simply release seasons to the public once it's stable, rather than inviting hudreds of "testers" while leaving "non-testers", or those who are not active in forums and able to talk themselves in, out in the cold for several more weeks or months while polishing.

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm We are not going to divorce our wives and quit our jobs to make a mod as a hobby.
What!? You clearly don't even care about your fans, do you even? :frown:
Agoldiv

Post by Agoldiv »

Thanks to the Realismus Modding team for your efforts. Family and relatives is sacred. And we as devoted fans of your creativity will wait, good luck to You and success. Hello from Russia.
Mooro

Post by Mooro »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm Also, we are at around 94%.

We will not be able to release as smoothly as before because we don't have 100s of testers like we did for fs17. So be warned: you'll find bugs. If you report them, we'll fix them.
Once we know we are stable, we will go to console as well (hopefully quite soon after release).

Again, I also want this released but there is only so much time in a day. We are not going to divorce our wives and quit our jobs to make a mod as a hobby.

Due to the nature of FS19 changing a lot of things internally this whole rewrite just takes a while (longer than we expected). Let's hope that's not the case for possible future versions...
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated as are all your efforts. 👍
je11yfish15

Post by je11yfish15 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm Also, we are at around 94%.

Sorry sir but this isn't the attitude we are looking for.
😁😁😁
Thankyou for the update
Xbox one
I should be racing not farming