Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

pumpkinpatch

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by pumpkinpatch »

usaric wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:28 am Nice, thanks for sharing. Despite all the criticism from some people that suffer from anxiety, I do hope this mod can make this game a more enjoyable one, with attention to the details. Keep up with no hurries. Thanks again.
Indeed, I seem to have been put in my place there. :blushnew:

I guess the lesson is not to underestimate Realismus.
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Thanks to Realismus team for that mod! Also thank you for keeping us updated during the creation process! You guys rocks!!! All I can say is wow to every update/answers I see about season you provide! The work and the ideas you put in this new version is awesome. For the players who wait that mod, it will be indeed a huge step forward in the game!

Thank you so much!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

With heavy rain would it be possible to raise the water table in places so you get flooding and loss of crops in that area where the ground was too water logged? There was a FS17 map where a lake refilled, the name of it escapes me at the moment.

On a wish list note with the flooding, the ability to dig or maintain ditches and culverts would be nice in order to drain the water.

Also, surprised we have not had mods or building mods where rain water can be collected and used for animals. Will the animal pens water troughs refill when it rains?

As per other posters, thank you for the updates and responses. Your interaction here is greatly appreciated as is your wonderful mod.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

CombineBert wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:56 pm With heavy rain would it be possible to raise the water table in places so you get flooding and loss of crops in that area where the ground was too water logged? There was a FS17 map where a lake refilled, the name of it escapes me at the moment.

{...}

Also, surprised we have not had mods or building mods where rain water can be collected and used for animals. Will the animal pens water troughs refill when it rains?
Changing the water level can't be done for whole maps without them being designed for it. So no we don't do this.

We have added a tool to automatically put water in animal pens. More details will follow later when we elaborate on all changes we made to the animals.
usaric

Post by usaric »

CombineBert wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:56 pm With heavy rain would it be possible to raise the water table in places so you get flooding and loss of crops in that area where the ground was too water logged? There was a FS17 map where a lake refilled, the name of it escapes me at the moment.

On a wish list note with the flooding, the ability to dig or maintain ditches and culverts would be nice in order to drain the water.

As per other posters, thank you for the updates and responses. Your interaction here is greatly appreciated as is your wonderful mod.
This refilling during rain would be nice. Sometimes we need the help of the almighty :biggrin2:
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

@Rahkiin, thank you kindly for your reply. Maybe our fabulous map makers could have a play with the water plane idea? (I have no idea what this entails and maybe is a ridiculous amount of work to make it happen, maybe another time :smileynew: )

I am excited for Seasons, it sounds like you have really upped the ante on top of what was already a game changing mod, for me anyway.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
wombles

Post by wombles »

I haven't read the entire thread, so not sure if answered. Will there be an option to pass the winter months more quickly.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

wombles wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am I haven't read the entire thread, so not sure if answered. Will there be an option to pass the winter months more quickly.
You mean except increasing game speed and skipping every night? No.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Ah I didn't think there would have been, wouldn't want it skipped completely as animals still need too eat in winter too. In 17 I thought the nine day season was ideal for when you got going, but winter was a killer for kicking time in after the animals where tended too.
wombles

Post by wombles »

reallogger wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:11 am
wombles wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am I haven't read the entire thread, so not sure if answered. Will there be an option to pass the winter months more quickly.
You mean except increasing game speed and skipping every night? No.
One other thing Reallogger before I forget, assuming seasons is still like it was in FS17 and we are able to pick our season length. Say playing at a nine day season for spring/summer and autumn then reducing the days to the lowest setting say three days, would that have any repercussions on game play.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

In principle it should work, but not sure how well tested it is. Changing season length rebuilds weather so there might be some odd effects, but nothing that will break your game I think.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Thank you Reallogger, I never had the nerve to try it out in FS17, I suppose the best time to try it would be at the beginning of a save.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Changing the GEO took 7 days to get the change, which was great with the 24 day season's. I would expect the same for changing the day length's.
PS4
PS5
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Changing season length works differently than changing GEO. What I did not think of before now was that if you change GEO and wanted new weather at once you could have changed season length..
Niklas1888

Post by Niklas1888 »

Slowly it's time for the Season Mod to be released. The game is already dusting in and the converted maps are all ready for Season Mod.
Realistic (Hard - CropRotation - Seasons)
Realistisch (Schwer - Fruchtfolgen - Seasons)

Converted versions of: Süd Thüringen, Gamsting, Bindlbach, Untergriesbach

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming / Intel Core i7-13700K /Gigabyte Aero OC RTX4080 / 32GB DDR5-5600 / 1TB Samsung 990Pro / 1TB Samsung 980Pro