Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

blue_painted

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by blue_painted »

Since you asked:

I play nine days seasons, because then I get three days per transition and that fits with three transitions per season. I play at 5x speed, unless I'm sorting out a game-problem or setting up when I'll slow down to 1x. In the winter when there's not much to do I'll speed up to skip days. I take care to let the "Skip night" run the midnight code.

I did consider playing 12 day seasons when I had most of the fields on Oakfield but something else came along and I didn't get around to it.

I like the Seasons "Skip night" a lot more than the FS19 "Sleep for X hours", just saying :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ZaNox27

Post by ZaNox27 »

news about the season??
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

I'm the same except I got for 15x all the time. 9 day season at 15x and I've suddenly got a reason to want to buy a bigger harvester.....at 5x I can get through harvest on all my fields (5 right now) in a single day AND have time to go feed the sheep. At 15x I have to plan the harvest (1 field per day and hope it doesnt rain) and see good progress in a single gaming session.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

For me was like this:
9 day season with 15x feels like to fast,
9 day season with 5x feels like to slow.

9 day season with 10x should be perfect for me, but was not possible in FS17.
(with the North Italy geo)
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

ltl.vamp wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm For me was like this:
9 day season with 15x feels like to fast,
9 day season with 5x feels like to slow.

9 day season with 10x should be perfect for me, but was not possible in FS17.
(with the North Italy geo)
If you play on PC, I believe it was possible to edit the game save and set time to x10 - but you would need to do this each time you changed time lapse in game.
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's a mod for FS19 with much more speeds available.
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

reallogger wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:53 pm Please continue to post info on how you play with Seasons.
Wouldnt it be easier to do it in another thread?

Well, if you want to...

I played Seasonsmod always on on 9 days and 15x on The Valley the Old Farm with all animals.
It is a good speed to me.
I started with 3 days and 5x, but didnt like the idea of harvesting barley/canola/wheat the same day.

I had an fixed Crop rotation with
Corn -Soja - Wheat* - Sugar beet* - Corn - Barley - Canola - Wheat*
*I planted radish.
Sometimes I planted sunflower instead of some Sugarbeets, if I knew I had to harvest

All in all, it's closed to my crop roation in reallife.

I really hate the forrest, so there is a lot of time in winter, but acually I
  • repair all maschines,
  • sell a bit Wheat/Barley,
  • bringing manure and slurry to the Biogas,
  • buying and transporting new seed and fertilizer.
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
ZaNox27

Post by ZaNox27 »

a date for the season thank you for your answer!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

ZaNox27 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:08 pm a date for the season thank you for your answer!
It will come when it's ready!
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

9 day seasons at 5x. I worked a lot of land and had sheep and cows. Only a few days in winter felt slow, but I’d just up the speed when I didnt have a full day of work planned.
SlippyToad

Post by SlippyToad »

I play seasons on fs17 with 6 day seasons, at 1x usually if I'm harvesting or doing any other big job. Maybe 5x. Then 120x when not busy and skip nights.

I know the op said don't bother asking when this will be ready but, when will this be ready?

Mark.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I thought to put this picture here so maybe it can give you guys some ideas during development regarding the fertilizing/growth stages and different yields.

Maybe something "similar" can be done with lime, solid manure, liquid manure, solid fertilizer, liquid fertilizer and herbicide to make it more realistic, because all 4 fertilizers (solid/liquid manure and fertilizers) have same effect which is kinda meh.

Keep up the good work.

GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

@reallogger

Aye, Seasons at 1x speed on 3 Day Lengths works quite well to be honest. It's how I'd play it when 1st starting out on a new save. Allow me time to get everything done on the fields I needed to work, with a little breathing room. Used it for starting out, that way I could start pulling in some money to cover the starting loans, etc... When I have enough to advance my farm, I'll go 6 Day Lengths jumping between 1x and 5x. Work my way up, to where as in the end. I'm running 9 Day Length @ 5x and 15x.

The way I play, starting with Fresh Start. As example I'll use map... Goldcrest. Sell all starting equipment, then bring in "my" starting equipment.

3 Day Length @ 1x Speed for work then fast forward and using starting 3 fields: Use the "Classic Pack" by dogface. Planting Wheat/Barley/Canola
6 Day Length @ 5x Speed for work/slowing down to 1x if I run out of daylight to quickly: Use "MF Old Generation" by Blacksheep. Purchase I believe it's Field 19 that's right beside the farm and add Soya into the roster.
9 Day Length @ 5x switching to 15x if I work ahead of schedule: Running the Ford TW's from the modhob with the cheapest base game equipment. 2 More fields adding Sunflow and Corn to the mix and bringing in Sheep.

Next upgrade would be bringing in the "original starting equipment" Case IH 1455XL, etc... add potato's and sugarbeet to the mix, also bringing in Pigs and Cows. After that, it's just upgrades from there on out. Bigger equipment/Bigger Fields.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Just a quick one for anyone who'll listen. When I play seasons (9 days @ 15x, skipping most nights) I find that the finance tab's ability to only display the last four days income, overheads and profit information really basic.

!Warning nerd alert! 😹I keep a folder with detailed information on EVERYTHING from weather and soil temps to accurate figures on wages and profit/loss statements on my harvests each year. I used a pre-line ruled page for each week detailing the profit and/or loss of my farming business. I use a pen and calculator as I'm a Gen X nerd.

At the end of the seasons year (4x9 days) I prepare a yearly summary and can see where my money went and where it came from. For example, I realised the solid/liquid fertiliser was costing a huge amount. I used oil seed, slurry and manure the next year to boost my bottom line.

Crazy I know, but maybe a bit more detailed financial section in the new seasons mod would be cool. I think so anyway!😸
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm
!Warning nerd alert! 😹

Crazy I know, but maybe a bit more detailed financial section in the new seasons mod would be cool. I think so anyway!😸
You are not alone!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding