Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

#MB-Trac_Power

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by #MB-Trac_Power »

Hello Realismusmodding,

first of all a big "Thanks" for this wonderful modification! *thumbsup*

I have a question :biggrin2:
Is it possible to change the rotting of gras and drygras?
In FS17 do the gras and drygrasswaths rot after 1 day even after the sun is shining.
It would be fine, when the swaths would to lie down more then one day, perhaps 1 week, or at least 3-4 days, naturally just the sun is shining. :smileynew:
The problem is simply that, you have just one day to make silage, with all gaits of this work.

Once again a "BIG THANKS" for this great work!

With friendly greets
#MB-Trac_Power
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

As ever RM cant wait for your work Seasons really does the game make.
On console we didn’t have a speed up time mod, so I second the possible option for something a bit faster than 120.
Yes the sleeping overnight is brilliant but if your on top of all the jobs on your farm, there are days (used to play 6 season days) that a fast forward would hear been nice.
I don’t think time wise much has been added to FS19 as weeding is just one of the fert stages and lime most of the time is swapping with ploughing. Currently I’m subsoiling in my lime in my role playing autumn after harvest.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

reallogger wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:10 pm
IceUul wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:01 pm 2. Animal feeding every 3 days, if you want to play 12 days for each season, then it will be 16x per year to feed all the animals, need lot of time. Mostly
because all the feeding need to be done manually, courseplay and helpers won't work. I suggest you can change it ingame, how often they need feeding, problem was
i finnaly switched to 3 days one season option, because then i need to feed them 4x per year. This way had other problems, few years i did not have rain.
You should be happy with 3 days and not that we require you to feed animals every day. :D :D Like all the RL livestock farmers have to...
Yeah I do find it funny that player cry about the feed time but have no idea IRL it is a daily thing every morning only thing I find weird is that Horses don't make manure yet IRL any animal that eats has to make manure Goats Sheep Chicken Cows Horse Pigs they all do. Yet in game only Pigs and Cows do so.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Sounds like you guys weren’t playing at the appropriate speed during the day
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

As a feature request can I ask how possible double planting might be? I know due to the nice weather here a lot of farms managed to get two crop cycles in this year? So is this possible? Maybe based on weather? I don’t know if that something everyone would like just a way of making maybe 1 out of 10 yearly seasons a bit different?

And if Giants don’t do it splitting repairing and paint would be also cool as I know you guys like to play with the maintance and can’t wait for that engine won’t start or cuts out moment again.

Just ideas on my head.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

#MB-Trac_Power wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:46 pm Hello Realismusmodding,

first of all a big "Thanks" for this wonderful modification! *thumbsup*

I have a question :biggrin2:
Is it possible to change the rotting of gras and drygras?
In FS17 do the gras and drygrasswaths rot after 1 day even after the sun is shining.
It would be fine, when the swaths would to lie down more then one day, perhaps 1 week, or at least 3-4 days, naturally just the sun is shining. :smileynew:
The problem is simply that, you have just one day to make silage, with all gaits of this work.

Once again a "BIG THANKS" for this great work!

With friendly greets
#MB-Trac_Power
We hear you, but the trouble is that time is already compressed, so trying to find the correlation between real days and a year is difficult, unless we give you a 90 day seasons option. A week is a whole season on 6 day seasons. Maybe if the fs engine worked differently we could do something that I have brewing in my head, but I don’t think it’s possible.

However we are looking at improvements we can make to rotting.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

OlD MrD wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm As a feature request can I ask how possible double planting might be? I know due to the nice weather here a lot of farms managed to get two crop cycles in this year? So is this possible? Maybe based on weather? I don’t know if that something everyone would like just a way of making maybe 1 out of 10 yearly seasons a bit different?

And if Giants don’t do it splitting repairing and paint would be also cool as I know you guys like to play with the maintance and can’t wait for that engine won’t start or cuts out moment again.

Just ideas on my head.
Double planting was already possible in fs17. The mid west geo had growth setup so that you could double plant. *thumbsup*
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Double planting was already possible in fs17. The mid west geo had growth setup so that you could double plant. *thumbsup*

Oh ! Missed that :confusednew:
I thought seasons itself wouldn’t allow harvest until Autumn. I apologies.
Tho I mostly play UK maps and weather geo so that’s my excuse :ubergeek:
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm
VMB-TAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 pm Does this version has a "custom" option, where you can turn on & off certain features?
Nope. What exactly would you like to turn off, just out of morbid curiosity?
Moisture level and temperature, altough it's not a must. What would be nice is an option where the crop growspeed is the same as the base game.
NateS

Post by NateS »

LOL... I don't think seasons is what you're looking for.
PC & PS4
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

VMB-TAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm
theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm
VMB-TAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 pm Does this version has a "custom" option, where you can turn on & off certain features?
Nope. What exactly would you like to turn off, just out of morbid curiosity?
Moisture level and temperature, altough it's not a must. What would be nice is an option where the crop growspeed is the same as the base game.
Right and then you have crops growing whilst you are planting the other side of the field and maturing at some arbitrary season, so you can harvest in the snow. Basically you want Seasons without seasons.

Good suggestions. I look forward to hearing more.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Its probably pre mature for this question so I'm not looking for a pinpoint answer but will the info on your website be updated as features are finalized or will you have a new section for 19 vs 17? Thanks for all your hard work guys its amazing what your able to accomplish.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Preble 818 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 pm Its probably pre mature for this question so I'm not looking for a pinpoint answer but will the info on your website be updated as features are finalized or will you have a new section for 19 vs 17? Thanks for all your hard work guys its amazing what your able to accomplish.
We will share some stuff via the usual channels and keep some stuff back for a nice surprise come release day. You know.. the typical marketing hype machine :biggrin2:
NateS

Post by NateS »

VMB-TAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 pm
Exactly what part of seasons DO you want? It seems you don't like to play with any of its features.
PC & PS4
Niteeye

Post by Niteeye »

Hi , not sure if this is possible , but no harm in asking :-)

Would it be possible to pick a season to start a game . Quite often depending on the map , I sit back and think a winter start would be nice . Jump in , start a nice winter logging start or may be start in Autumn , buy a plot with a crop on for a slightly easier start. Heck , I am only gonna do horses and sheep , so maybe a nice Summer start , get that first hay cut done , longer days for riding horses.

One of the ways I got around the start on FS17 , was I would start a map without seasons , do a cycle or 2 of fields to get stuff for animals and then turn on seasons .Time sometimes with Family/work/dads taxi service often gets in the way of fun .