Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

redglasses

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by redglasses »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 pm
redglasses wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:39 pm So is the snow just like the ingame dirt built to look like snow?
Snow on the ground is a "filltype" - basically just like anything you tip on the ground, such as potatoes, or silage. Snow on the vehicles is different and yes, in basic terms we are manipulating the game's dirt system.
Thats pretty cool, loving the look of it stuck to the tractors, can we expect any new features compared to the fs17 version?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes, you can.

Snow sticking to tractors is a new feature.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:55 pm @baltic1284
In this regard Seasons will work exactly like it did in 17. Maps without a snow mask will have the majority of features, except for a few. Maps with a snow mask will have all the features.

In-game maps will have snow masks. For mod maps this is up to the map maker.
I was just wondering for in game standard maps I don't do much Mod maps reason being they make the map for theme and not in General
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Does this version has a "custom" option, where you can turn on & off certain features?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

baltic1284 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:09 pm
theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:55 pm @baltic1284
In this regard Seasons will work exactly like it did in 17. Maps without a snow mask will have the majority of features, except for a few. Maps with a snow mask will have all the features.

In-game maps will have snow masks. For mod maps this is up to the map maker.
I was just wondering for in game standard maps I don't do much Mod maps reason being they make the map for theme and not in General
I have already answered your question. In-game maps will have snow masks
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

VMB-TAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 pm Does this version has a "custom" option, where you can turn on & off certain features?
Nope. What exactly would you like to turn off, just out of morbid curiosity?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I think the seasons mod at the moment in FS17 had few problems, these could be turned off or modified by user.

1. If you have let's say more than 150 pieces of different equipment, you need few hours real life time to just for every year maintenance. Would like to see
option to turn that off. I personally would stick to system, more use = more maintenance
2. Animal feeding every 3 days, if you want to play 12 days for each season, then it will be 16x per year to feed all the animals, need lot of time. Mostly
because all the feeding need to be done manually, courseplay and helpers won't work. I suggest you can change it ingame, how often they need feeding, problem was
i finnaly switched to 3 days one season option, because then i need to feed them 4x per year. This way had other problems, few years i did not have rain.
3. And finally the option to skip time, first years you do not have much things to do when it is winter, snow plowing is pointless, if you don't need to drive around
and you do not have animals yet. Personally i used the fast time mod, which turned time from 120x to 12000x.
NateS

Post by NateS »

With the animal feeding, you are feeding them every 3 game days regardless of how many days your season is. I don't see how the different season lengths would change that fact. Are you trying to just never have to feed your animals?
PC & PS4
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

IceUul wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:01 pm 2. Animal feeding every 3 days, if you want to play 12 days for each season, then it will be 16x per year to feed all the animals, need lot of time. Mostly
because all the feeding need to be done manually, courseplay and helpers won't work. I suggest you can change it ingame, how often they need feeding, problem was
i finnaly switched to 3 days one season option, because then i need to feed them 4x per year. This way had other problems, few years i did not have rain.
You should be happy with 3 days and not that we require you to feed animals every day. :D :D Like all the RL livestock farmers have to...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

NateS wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:06 pm With the animal feeding, you are feeding them every 3 game days regardless of how many days your season is. I don't see how the different season lengths would change that fact. Are you trying to just never have to feed your animals?
I understood it works like this.

Every three game days you need to feed your animal, if you make seasons longer, then this is more days in each season. Then you need to feed animals more times in every year, but how much food animals eat will stay same, just the needed food amount and number of times per year will change.
For example:
12 days per season, total year is 48 days = 48 / 3 = 16 times
6 days per season, total year is 24 days = 24 / 3 = 8 times
3 days per season, total year is 12 days = 12 / 3 = 4 times.

I would like to switch between 6 days, 3 days and 1 day.... or whatever else players want.
cyberus

Post by cyberus »

This goin to be epic.... specially on my new 4K rig with 2080ti
jgregg624

Post by jgregg624 »

Certinally a mod that completely changes gameplay experience, though I don’t use it on all my saves (because a bit of variation is nice and all) certinally mod I can’t wait to see. I entrust by what we can see in the screens and the team behind the mod the attention to detail in this shall not be lightly skimmed on
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

@iceuul

Sounds like you just want the game to do everything itself, so that you can sit back and watch?

In FS17 seasons in terms of maintenance , you only have to maintain vehicles. All other equipment was maintained for you automatically. Be thankful we didn't release with the original design where you had to maintain all equipment yourself. I highly doubt you had 150 vehicles in one save game. Regardless, the FS19 base game now requires you to maintain all of your vehicles, so I am not sure what you're asking for.

For feeding, as reallogger already mentioned, the original design was that we would make you feed your animals every day. 3 days was a compromise that we settled on.

There was already an option to skip time. Every night you could skip to the morning. Also there were other mods such as fast forward that would let you skip time, so we didn't see the point of including the same functionality, even though we had it in the debug version of the mod for testing purposes. There is plenty to do in the winter.
Last edited by theSeb on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

It is such a relief after all the uncertainty that we would have seasons in fs19 do you mind if I ask if it is free or coming out as a DLC? personally, I don't mind either way because it would be worth it. Now if only we could get FS19 to work properly!

Is it me or is anyone ells suffering from Blue cab View?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It's coming as a mod