Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

theSeb

Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by theSeb »

As many of you know, we are hard at work to bring Seasons to FS 19. It was also a great opportunity to improve the code base, enhance existing features and add some new ones.

We will use this thread to share updates when we have some. Please don't bother asking us when it will be ready. :biggrin2:

Full size image: https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=ZwnsfVEC

Indeed we won't participate in the mod contest with Seasons. We could argue that the concept is the same which means we're not allowed to submit the same idea twice, but the mod being 'basically' the same is incorrect.

It actually is completely rewritten based on the same and improved designs from 17 (including new features).
The main reason being is that Rahkiin is an employee of Giants Software which means we're not allowed in the first place.

List of confirmed features

- snow sticks to tires Confirmed
- snowmasks for ingame maps Confirmed
- Two harvests in one season is possible(needs a geo) Confirmed
- A detailed users manual will be available Confirmed
- Birth rates is likely changed since Seasons -17 Confirmed
- Weeds are changed from vanilla game Confirmed
- New lighting, with visible sun rising and sets Confirmed
- Daddychop is not in the target group A question of definition :coolnew:
- Crop rotation is not a feature in Seasons Denied
- Maintnance is splitted into repair and repaint, and repair-time is set to 30h use. Confirmed, but with more tweaks
- Hay and straw heaps will not rot if stored under a roof Confirmed
- Grass swaths will not rot over night as earlier. Now rotting is affected by weather. If its sunny, you dont need to use a tedder. Partly true
- Changed weather forecast, and would vary a lot more than in vanilla game Confirmed
- Seasons will be launched within two weeks. I wish
- New tree shader Confirmed
- Crop-rotation is now (despite denying it🤠)a feature and it will affect yield. Also for grass, but a minor effect on this. Its including an incame croprotation-planner. Correct rotation will give you an «free» fertilize-level. Confirmed
- Animals will graze in the animal-pens and affect the amount of food needed, at least if you dont feed them better food. Confirmed
- Its still possible to donate money at Realismus moddings website Confirmed
- New sound system for rain/wind/hail/storms that produces different sounds depending on the wind speed or amount of rain. Weather now also affects growth more but up to a limit Confirmed
- Some tweaks are made to the vanilla soil mechanichs, and some soil management can be expected Kinda
- No hydrating of crops Confirmed
- No flooding Confirmed
- No soilcompaction Confirmed
- Seasons19 on console Confirmed
- Will the Wopster tool be available again? Confirmed
Last edited by theSeb on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ltl.vamp

Re: Seasons 19 WIP updates

Post by ltl.vamp »

Couldn't wait to play "Seasons" Simulator 19!^^

Thank you so much!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
PrincessJessi84

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

omg the way that snow is sticking to everything.. ok now im really getting pumped for this! thanks for all the time u guys at realismus r putting into what promises to be a great mod... again!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I forgot to include the full size image, which is nicer, so first post updated
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Snow can be annoying yes. :P

Also I don't recommend driving manure on snow.. might be illegal in some countries haha.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

^ Indeed. We at RM do not condone illegal farming activities
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

So is the snow just like the ingame dirt built to look like snow?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:31 pm ^ Indeed. We at RM do not condone illegal farming activities
But now I want to try it.... 😈
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Thanks for this Seb. The screenshot looks awesome and I know the mod is going to be awesome.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I'm not going to bother even trying out 19 until Seasons is live. 17 with Seasons plus the schwack of excellent realism mods is such a great game right now that I cringe a bit thinking of the vanilla game in comparison.

The new bones Giants has added for lime and weeds and ploughing and maintenance are a good start but if past experience is any indication, Realismus is going to build on that to a whole new level of gameplay with Seasons 19 just as you did with Seasons 17.

Best wishes with the project and remember to keep enjoying the process *thumbsup* Realismus has lots of huge fans who really appreciate your work.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

redglasses wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:39 pm So is the snow just like the ingame dirt built to look like snow?
Snow on the ground is a "filltype" - basically just like anything you tip on the ground, such as potatoes, or silage. Snow on the vehicles is different and yes, in basic terms we are manipulating the game's dirt system.

@DirectCedar, I would recommend familiarising yourself with the new stuff in vanilla FS19 before jumping into Seasons, when it is ready.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 pm
redglasses wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:39 pm So is the snow just like the ingame dirt built to look like snow?
Snow on the ground is a "filltype" - basically just like anything you tip on the ground, such as potatoes, or silage. Snow on the vehicles is different and yes, in basic terms we are manipulating the game's dirt system.

@DirectCedar, I would recommend familiarising yourself with the new stuff in vanilla FS19 before jumping into Seasons, when it is ready.
good advise or the Seasons mod in 17 only thing I am wondering will it be universal for the maps that are available the Ravenport one and Fellsburg and such.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Good advice. Don't worry about my familiarity though :wink3: Intimacy is probably a better descriptor. I'm not exactly a casual player :biggrin2:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

@baltic1284
In this regard Seasons will work exactly like it did in 17. Maps without a snow mask will have the majority of features, except for a few. Maps with a snow mask will have all the features.

In-game maps will have snow masks. For mod maps this is up to the map maker.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm As many of you know, we are hard at work to bring Seasons to FS 19. It was also a great opportunity to improve the code base, enhance existing features and add some new ones.

We will use this thread to share updates when we have some. Please don't bother asking us when it will be ready. :biggrin2:

Full size image: https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=ZwnsfVEC
you guys aught to offer that as proper wallpaper, looking awesome! We will wait patiently for Season 19, Winter is coming *thumbsup*
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

I'm more excited for seasons than I was for the actual game. It's just not the same without it. Base game is already starting to get a bit boring. Can't wait, keep up the fantastic work and thank you for all that you do for consoles.