Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Maikello

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Maikello »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm
- Weeds are changed from vanilla game Confirmed
In the basic version of the game, you can do everything in one phase of growth. Let's assume that the field requires lime. Will describe step by step.
We spread lime, then we use fertilizer. Now we sow using the Rapid A 600S. After sowing, fertilize a second time (100% fertilization). Now we use herbicides. The field texture will change from dark to light so it's easy to see. Until the harvest time, you do not have to do anything on it. The weeds will not grow. This method does not work with a weeder. I hope that the growth of weeds will also depend on the season and weather. Not only like in a vanilla game, from the activities we do on the field

Edit
There are more ways to "cheat"
harvesting>sowing> or sowing with fertilize>herbicide>fertilize

In my opinion, the use of herbicide should affect the condition of the soil (for example, plowing or lime after every harvest where the herbicide was used). Herbicides also have a negative impact (not all) for rape and sugar beet
Shambala12

Post by Shambala12 »

Maikello wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:28 pm
theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm
- Weeds are changed from vanilla game Confirmed
In the basic version of the game, you can do everything in one phase of growth. Let's assume that the field requires lime. Will describe step by step.
We spread lime, then we use fertilizer. Now we sow using the Rapid A 600S. After sowing, fertilize a second time (100% fertilization). Now we use herbicides. The field texture will change from dark to light so it's easy to see. Until the harvest time, you do not have to do anything on it. The weeds will not grow. This method does not work with a weeder. I hope that the growth of weeds will also depend on the season and weather. Not only like in a vanilla game, from the activities we do on the field

Edit
There are more ways to "cheat"
harvesting>sowing> or sowing with fertilize>herbicide>fertilize

In my opinion, the use of herbicide should affect the condition of the soil (for example, plowing or lime after every harvest where the herbicide was used). Herbicides also have a negative impact (not all) for rape and sugar beet
Herbicides do not cause any significant soil damage so would not need lime/plowing after a harvest. At most it can damage the existing crop which will reduce yields (atleast from what I've always been taught) IRL, minimal herbicides are used due to the financial costs of spraying, hence why spot spraying is becoming popular on newer sprayers and high management systems. The idea of maybe having a 'success rate' against killing the weeds would be nice, maybe the weeder having e.g. 90% effectiveness and spraying 70% since weeds do become resistant to herbicides however forcing players to plow etc after herbicides isn't realistic and will just annoy people (at least it would for me).

P.S For those who dont know what spot spraying is, its spraying specific areas of weed infestation without the need of spraying the whole field. This saves a lot of money, better for the environment and reduces weed reticence. The data is gathered by scanners in front of the sprayer and the sprayer will automatically identify weeds and spray them when passing. This video shows it and I find it really interesting https://youtu.be/fjSg0vI5NiE
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Seasons isen't nor does it include soil mod... The way herbicide works in the game now is fine unless we ever get soil mod again... The weeds however are messed up, they grow at specific times on the map and not the field. Meaning they can pop up on seeded ground while your still planting even if the ground was plowed before... they should only be able to grow after a growth cycle and no ground work...

And since seasons moves all growth stages to midnight after x days weeds would have to be changed anyway...
PC gamer.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

And it will
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Guil

Post by Guil »

Seasons has changed weeds as can be seen early on in this thread.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Beastbubba wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:04 am Seasons isen't nor does it include soil mod... The way herbicide works in the game now is fine unless we ever get soil mod again... The weeds however are messed up, they grow at specific times on the map and not the field. Meaning they can pop up on seeded ground while your still planting even if the ground was plowed before... they should only be able to grow after a growth cycle and no ground work...

And since seasons moves all growth stages to midnight after x days weeds would have to be changed anyway...
After patch 1.4 I noticed some changes. Weeds no longer grow on stubble or when you sow grass/oil radish. For other plants, it's just like you say. They pop up right behind the sowing machine. About herbicides. I meant a little reduction in their effectiveness. They can not be used when the air temperature is lower than -2°C or higher than 8°C. Spraying immediately after sowing or simply increase the cost of their purchase. I do not want the herbicides to be OP. And that spraying with herbicides does not reset the field, giving us the opportunity for second fertilization without waiting for the next phase of growth

@ Guil
The main thread of my post were herbicides, not weeds :zunge: If the herbicide will work like in vanilla game, the weeds will not even appear on the field, because you stop them, spraying immediately after sowing
garyst

Post by garyst »

I really hope we will have to spray alot more times for weeds. Just having to spray one time doesn't feel realistic.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Well given I have 0 clue as to when it'll be ready (personally I reckon 3-4 months) I've gone back to lone Oak on 17 with seasons. Much more to do and overall better gameplay. Can't wait for 19s release but till then back to 17 for me.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Jimbomodder wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 am Well given I have 0 clue as to when it'll be ready (personally I reckon 3-4 months) I've gone back to lone Oak on 17 with seasons. Much more to do and overall better gameplay. Can't wait for 19s release but till then back to 17 for me.
You are not alone I am back on The West Coast, till we get Seasons I don't think I'll be spending much time on 19.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

PassLee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 am I keep reading about people going "back" to 17. I have never played on 17 (I do have it) so have never used seasons but really looking forward to trying it. Some have asked me why I don't try it on 17 to get a feel for it before it arrives on 19 but I just can't get my head around 17 even tho I have clocked over 2k hours on 19.
My advice would be not to do it. Once you get a feel for it you'll probably love it and then get stuck on 17 until it's ready for 19,
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

PassLee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm
Jimbomodder wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 am
PassLee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 am I keep reading about people going "back" to 17. I have never played on 17 (I do have it) so have never used seasons but really looking forward to trying it. Some have asked me why I don't try it on 17 to get a feel for it before it arrives on 19 but I just can't get my head around 17 even tho I have clocked over 2k hours on 19.
My advice would be not to do it. Once you get a feel for it you'll probably love it and then get stuck on 17 until it's ready for 19,
Not going to, I find 17 very strange to try and play, it doesn't even give you field info like 19 does! Guess you have to be hardcore to like 17!
Granted you don't get the field info of what it requires by just looking at the field, that's a new feature of FS19 and I do love that aspect. But, you can see the field information through the menu under the map view. Tab through it and you'll see the growth state, fertilization state and if it requires plowing. Not as quick as looking directly at the field, but it's not that bad. FS17 was a great game. :biggrin2:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Dont release the seasons just to make the statement.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Yesssss
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 pm
PassLee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm
Jimbomodder wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:13 am

Not going to, I find 17 very strange to try and play, it doesn't even give you field info like 19 does! Guess you have to be hardcore to like 17!
Granted you don't get the field info of what it requires by just looking at the field, that's a new feature of FS19 and I do love that aspect. But, you can see the field information through the menu under the map view. Tab through it and you'll see the growth state, fertilization state and if it requires plowing. Not as quick as looking directly at the field, but it's not that bad. FS17 was a great game. :biggrin2:
Don't forget the hand held tool had that field info too, was an absolute gem
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

Jimbomodder wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 am Well given I have 0 clue as to when it'll be ready (personally I reckon 3-4 months) I've gone back to lone Oak on 17 with seasons. Much more to do and overall better gameplay. Can't wait for 19s release but till then back to 17 for me.
Why 3-4 Months... didn't they say they were at 94%?
FS19 - 200 hours