Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

reallogger

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by reallogger »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm Actually, I believe I remember reading about it in the help menu for seasons way back when. Didn't you guys offset what hour it got dark at or something?
It was an hour offset yes, but not all the time ofc. DST was applied according to the EU convention (as different conventions of when DST is applied exist) and with the assumption that early spring was the same as March.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am
SwoopGB wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 am IRL I'm a VBA developer.....I create MI solutions in Access and Excel. So..... Yep, for 17 I created a farm sim tracker that drew me graphs of field yields and livestock growth and return, labour costs, year on year comparisons, etc, etc, etc.

However, what I found after a while was that it's so much of a ballache filling in every little transaction, weather, etc....that the effort wasn't worth it. If, however, some awesome modder could do the same in game then I'd definitely buy that man a pint.
Considering the amount of data generated within this game I do find it odd that there hasn't been any talk of including a means to export the data from the game directly. This is probably a direct result of how well this game sells on console, why spend any energy producing a system that half your playerbase cannot use.
There are loads of console games that have apps for mobile devices, probably need a database setup someplace to store all the data, but I think MS has an API for direct communications.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

reallogger wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:18 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm Actually, I believe I remember reading about it in the help menu for seasons way back when. Didn't you guys offset what hour it got dark at or something?
It was an hour offset yes, but not all the time ofc. DST was applied according to the EU convention (as different conventions of when DST is applied exist) and with the assumption that early spring was the same as March.
Isn't the EU dropping DST in October?
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

EcKo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:32 pm Are you foreing when the mod season will be released?
good news! In time for Christmas
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Seedy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:45 pm Isn't the EU dropping DST in October?
Yes, but the option with DST is kept as many countries still have this. Maybe we'll leave default to have DST all year as I believe EU will have summer time all year. Since there probably are very very few players that would even notice the difference we could naturally remove this feature ;)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I noticed that it got darker in the winter earlier than in the summer but never connected the dots to DST. I guess just because that’s how it is irl I didn’t really thing anything of it :lol: it’s a cool feature though it really shows how much effort and detail y’all put into Seasons
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

^^ Yes indeed Smith Modding, awesome feature.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

What smith said
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Whats DST?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

DST is Daylight Saving Time.

In Europe, we go to DST last Sunday of March and in Winter time last Sunday of October.

Many countries in EU will keep the Winter Time and they will change last Sunday of October, other countries will stay in DST. In my country we will change the time for last time this March and we will stay in DST because we have sun almost all year :)
GodLinn

Post by GodLinn »

Hello. I just wanted to drop by and kindly ask what the release date of this mod is. Have a good day!
If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

It is an undetermined release date but we’re looking at a ball park figure of by Christmas this year
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

Acctually I dreamed Seasonsmod were on Modhub tonight...

Perhaps I should focus less on it :D
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm going to edit the thread title to include no release date unless anyone in realismus has a problem.
blue_painted

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by blue_painted »

@Guil I think it should be "... when it's ready, and not before!"

:)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads