Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

gordon861

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by gordon861 »

Crop rotation actually going to make a difference this time?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Cant wait for the fall!! By then this mod HAS to be ready!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

You’re killing me smalls
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

That's awesome.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

theSeb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 pm It's time for a feature update
Ohhhhhhhhhh Seb don’t toy with me buddy :biggrin2:
My breath actually caught when I saw this.
I am one twitterpated farming nerd.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:53 pm Crop rotation actually going to make a difference this time?
Yes, yields change.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 pm
gordon861 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:53 pm Crop rotation actually going to make a difference this time?
Yes, yields change.
Great, so this implies that the MOD will be storing some historical data. I'm not sure how you plan on doing this, and this may be too late to add, but would it be possible to export this historical data on the PC version so we can actually track/plan our farms?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 pm
theSeb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 pm
Yes, yields change.
Great, so this implies that the MOD will be storing some historical data. I'm not sure how you plan on doing this, and this may be too late to add, but would it be possible to export this historical data on the PC version so we can actually track/plan our farms?
Although a good idea, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I feel like this mod is already a long way away. So sneaking in a few more features here and there will push it back a lot more IMO.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

@gordon861: The two last crops planted are stored and there are ingame ways to help players remember what they have done and also to plan ahead.

@gilroy222: We can get ahead of ourselves as this particular feature is already up and running :D
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

reallogger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:36 pm @gordon861: The two last crops planted are stored and there are ingame ways to help players remember what they have done and also to plan ahead.

@gilroy222: We can get ahead of ourselves as this particular feature is already up and running :D
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

Sounds nice.
As a RL farmer, I'm corious if you're gone judge the crops in rotation ( difficult without making it too complex.) or if its gone be a handicap, to plant a crop that has been on the field in the last two years.

Are we going to have an impact on weed management?
Will Covercrops finally get more important?

Anyway, Im looking forward to it :)
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

theSeb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 pm It's time for a feature update
How are you going to treat raddish in the crop rotation?
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

This is Awesome!! I always have implemented crop rotation on my fields in Farm Sim, and just keep track of it on a spreadsheet I created with loads of other data. But to have it actually affect the yields is awesome. Thanks guys!!
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Crops in rotation are taken into account. There are so far two effects of crop rotation.
1) Crop history will have a yield effect when harvesting the current crop. The yield multiplier is shown in an ingame crop rotation planner
2) When planting a crop where the last crop was beneficial you will get one fertilization level for "free"

This all means different preceeding crops have different effect. The crop types in the game are categorised (e.g. cereals, legumes, oilseeds etc). So it is for instance beneficial to have a oilseed crop (e.g. canola) before a cereal crop (e.g. wheat). Whilst it is not good to have potatoes before wheat.

In addition every crop has different characteristics to how often it should planted. Some crops are better suited for monoculture (meaning same crop every year) than others. For instance of the cereals, corn is better to grow several years in a row than wheat.

While this might all sound a bit complex, the ingame crop rotation planner will make it easy to to understand how to set up beneficial rotations.

Oilseed radish is currently not part of the rotations, but vanilla mechanics of applying one fertilization level when cultivating radish still applies.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Its almost too nice!!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding