Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

nelsonrm

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by nelsonrm »

This new "Seasons"is going to be more awesome than last. I have my fingers crossed that the Modding Contest brings us some snow :)
A single light dispels darkness
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The mod will not be in the modding contest. It's an "already existing mod" and hence not eligible for the contest.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Can't wait for seasons love the game already seasons just puts icing on cake and eating it *thumbsup* :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

@theSeb any chance of a few tasty screenshots please?
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Here a tasty screenshot from Ravenport mid winter.

:hi:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

That's great to see..I miss that. I can't wait!
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

Can't wait. What happens if you want winter all the time?
FS19 - 200 hours
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Wopster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:30 pm Here a tasty screenshot from Ravenport mid winter.

:hi:
can we harvest some crops in winter?
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Will Seasons 19 only be available on the GIANTS ModHub or will it be available on Github/Realismus website slightly earlier like Seasons 17?

Also since everyone else was posting about their Seasons gameplay: I would play on 24 day seasons and would start it on 30x and then drop it to 15x when I got animals (usually by the second year) and would feed, water, and clean my animals every day. I would never slow down time more so that it felt like I was actually on a time crunch during seeding and harvest. I wouldn't do any field work if it was raining regardless of whether the game was restricting me because of it. If I wasn't doing anything, I'd speed time up until I had something to do. I also made a point playing on 120x when doing maintenance so that it felt like it actually took some time to do it. I'd pull my seeder out of the shed, unfold it, do a walk around, and make sure my tractor was fully repaired. I'd also do field maintenance in the morning before starting up again from the night before. I would sometimes run seeding 24 hours a day if it was crunch time but would shut down for an hour or two to simulate some extra maintenance when pushing the equipment that hard. In the fall I made it a point to pull the combines out of the shed and hook them up to the headers and put them into threshing mode to simulate actually testing them out like in real life. I also made a point of washing every piece of equipment before it went back into the shed. I was pretty hardcore with my simulations and role playing (I refused to tab in or out of vehicles unless it was to fix a helper who unexpectedly got stuck or stopped working. I walked or drove everywhere else). I also kept some spreadsheets/excel sheets for a few of my maps marking my expenses and profits as well as acreage and how many acres I had planted for each different crop type/how much yield I got as well as number of animals and how much food they consumed so I could easily look at my charts to determine if/when I can/should expand my herds and/or land.

This next part gets a bit away from Seasons specific gameplay, but this was all done with Seasons activated. I played large North American maps so I would be running medium-large equipment pretty close to the beginning with lots of land. I usually built up enough capital that somewhere between year 5 and 10 I'd be at the point that I was planting every fruit type (except oilseed radish). I had a large crop rotation for all the regular cereals and oilseeds and then I'd have a few small fields or a larger field I sectioned into smaller ones that I would plant sugarbeets and potatoes on (such high yields and relatively small harvesting equipment meant I kept those operations comparatively small, though they were still larger than average and I would be running multiple potato and beet harvesters) and have a field of poplars and sugar cane. I also had a sizable area of trees planted. I'd spend the winter chopping poplars and chopping down the fully grown trees (which took 5 years to fully grow if I recall correctly). I had the trees planned out so that I was harvesting the same amount of trees each year. I'd replant them in the spring after I had the rest of my crops planted so I could keep the cycle going. I would also build myself up so I had every animal type, usually anywhere from 2500-3000 hogs and 1000-1500 each of cows and sheep. The most I ever had was 10000 hogs and 5000 each of cows and sheep (16x map so lots of space and farmland). The largest farm I ever ran had 12 Seed Hawks, 6 DB 120 planters, 24 combines, 6 forage harvesters, 12 potato planters, 6 potato and 6 sugar beet harvesters, 20 Brent grain carts, 10 sprayers with 120 ft booms, 10 haybines, 8 balers, and 30 semis as well as tractors for each implement and a few extra for yard work and animal maintenance/feeding. Millions and millions of dollars worth of equipment and land. I also had 3 trucks that were beefed up with extra HP and running super singles that I used for logging in the winter time (the mill was quite a distance so I'd have trucks being driven on the road by Courseplay while I was loading one). I had to lower my graphics just to keep my computer from dying. Courseplay and Follow Me were my best friends. I wish I would have recorded some of my game play; there's nothing quite like seeing hundreds of acres of land getting eaten up by a bunch of combines in a single field. I doubt I'll ever go that extreme again as it was a lot of time on one save file and took a lot of work.

I ended up quitting this farm after year 50. I kind of liked the idea that the farm started off with some 18 year old inheriting/starting the farm and now 50 years later he is finally retiring and passing it on to his children to continue on. It's kind of a fun little role playing element or just a way to see how far the farm progressed in the normal range of a single owner before retirement. Nothing to say you couldn't carry it on longer either. This could be really fun if you can find a bunch of era specific mods. Maybe start a farm in the 40's or 50's and gradually allow yourself to buy more and more modern equipment as the years progress until you reach the modern age.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

JD92 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

can we harvest some crops in winter?
Yes, a lot has changed in this regard and there are some interesting new gameplay mechanics that we have introduced regarding crops and temperatures.
TheCanadianJD wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:42 pm Will Seasons 19 only be available on the GIANTS ModHub or will it be available on Github/Realismus website slightly earlier like Seasons 17?
Seasons 19 will be available via mod hub. We will not be making the development version public until the mod is officially released.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

@the seb.. awesome thank you guys
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

Do you yourselves have an idea when it will probably be released?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Shizuaki wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am Do you yourselves have an idea when it will probably be released?
Yes, we do.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Sometime before FS21 *thumbsup*
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

theSeb wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:06 am
Shizuaki wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am Do you yourselves have an idea when it will probably be released?
Yes, we do.
Well that's exciting and the fact that you can definitively say that makes me think it'll be out by June or July sometime. I'm calling it now! And crossing my fingers.