Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

RODHA

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by RODHA »

jah6575 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:36 pm @TheSeb that’s good to know. I’ll be patiently waiting so I can redo my own. I had an idea I wanted to try as well, but I’m going to keep those details close for now. I guess I’ll have to work on my chicken trailer for now.
I was going to ask RSM if they have any plans for the transportation of chickens but then I saw your post mate.
Do you plan on making your trailer also available for consoles?

Btw, I also want to ask RSM if they did something for chicken transport.
PS5 / FS22
frankfarmer

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by frankfarmer »

Hi, I can hardly hold back the excitement for the 24th of july!
I have a couple of questions though.
1. How come you made it so cows had a 14 month gestation period, rather than 9 months like real life?

2. will we actually see baby animals?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

1. Gestation cycle is 14 months, so a birth every 14 months, but does not mean they stay pregnant for 14 months. Know there are different practices, but this is how it is in the mod for now. Period is like irl 9 months, meaning the time they are pregnant.

2. No.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Very excited to hear about the release date! Thank you so much Realismus Modding Team!

A few questions, will different crops have different resistances to drought and frost so if you have a drier year you may want to plant something different?
Yes
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Does this mean if you plant a winter wheat crop you might have to worry about it getting frost damage if it comes up too early or does it have complete immunity?
Yes
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Can we view a "farmers almanac" to view probable weather patterns for the coming year to plan our seeding times/different crops? Basically is there longer term weather predictions than just a week in advance?
We have not made one, it would be different per GEO. It's something we can think about. You would be getting a 'this area fits X, Y, and Z'. But you can also look up real life info :) So for US Midwest you could look up that they do a lot of corn.
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Just to clarify, it's the TWO previous crops that affect the current one when looking at yield boosts or penalties for crop rotation or is viewing the two previous crops just a courtesy and only the crop immediately
preceding the current one counts?
Two preceding crops count.
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am The blog tells us that 1 rooster to 8 hens is ideal, do all the other livestock have ideal numbers that will be given to us for ones that we can/want to breed?
All other animals use Artificial Insemination. Only the chicken have this system where you control how much brooding happens.
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Is there a way to own and breed your own horses or is the boarding the only thing you can do with them now?
There is not, and yes. It fits better with the basegame capabilities given to the horses (and their lack of others, like liquid manure, manure, and UI)
TheCanadianJD wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am Will the water pump that is built into Seasons interfere with the Animal Pen Extension Mod that has it's own water pump or could they theoretically be used together?
You probably don't want to put them both on the same water trough, but I currently don't foresee any issues. We have not looked at mod conflicts yet.
Eische

Post by Eische »

hmm, just wondering about the new weed system. If weeds are only growing in patches now, does that mean only those patches affect the yield in the respective area?
So I only have to destroy the weed at those patches, rather than on the whole field?

Will weed patches appear at different times? Like, the first set of patches appears and you remove them. Is it possible that additional patches appear afterwards at different places on the same field?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
WGC Niklas

Post by WGC Niklas »

Very nice to know that seasons will come in the summer holidays.Do I have to mark the area where the animals can graze and if yes how I have to mark that.I want to know that because I want to obstruct seasons in my own map.I would be happy about an answer.

Oh and sorry if my English isn´t so good,I´m a German.I try do do my best.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Eische wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 am hmm, just wondering about the new weed system. If weeds are only growing in patches now, does that mean only those patches affect the yield in the respective area?
So I only have to destroy the weed at those patches, rather than on the whole field?

Will weed patches appear at different times? Like, the first set of patches appears and you remove them. Is it possible that additional patches appear afterwards at different places on the same field?
Only the patches impact yield

You only have to destroy the weeds in the patch, but it makes far more sense to do the whole field because there is preemptive spraying. So if you spray you won’t get more new weeds.

Weeds appear at different times. They are constantly sprouting. When the temps are high enough they will also grow to big weeds.
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

will we be able to fertilise the cow pasture to make them have grass for longer?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Acutally i have good question, after it will release how many maps are ready to play with proper GEO?
For example all Giants maps needs different GEO.
#MB-Trac_Power

Post by #MB-Trac_Power »

You guys are awesome!

You`re way to comunicate with the community is very nice! *thumbsup*

MfG
#MB-Trac_Power
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello thanks for the wonderful work in fs17 and fs19. with my team we are building a new Tuscan lands map for fs19, waiting for the seasons you can learn about snowmasks? thank you
derelky

Post by derelky »

theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Eische wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 am hmm, just wondering about the new weed system. If weeds are only growing in patches now, does that mean only those patches affect the yield in the respective area?

You only have to destroy the weeds in the patch, but it makes far more sense to do the whole field because there is preemptive spraying. So if you spray you won’t get more new weeds.

Weeds appear at different times. They are constantly sprouting. When the temps are high enough they will also grow to big weeds.
So if i want to use only the mechanical way and dont want to spray i get a problem if the weed appear in late Stage? because now the chemical System has a big advantage
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

elky wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 pm

So if i want to use only the mechanical way and dont want to spray i get a problem if the weed appear in late Stage? because now the chemical System has a big advantage
Yes ... but you need to calculate the cost of chemical spray vs the lost of yield, so you might find that the advantage isn't as big as it seems.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Will there be seasonal prices, as there were in Seasons17? I'v read and re-read the blog post and don't see any mention.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Looks like incredible work again guys, well done and massive thanks! I'd say I better step up my search for my seasons map but I guess I'll have to wait on seeing which ones get made season-ready. And since my most likely contenders are in the mod-contest that will be another agonizing wait...