Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

cmdrbyron

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by cmdrbyron »

I was addressing the fact that they were making a global statement, when it clearly does not apply globally - nothing more. Has nothing to do with our respective opinions on the matter of Seasons itself.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Smith Modding wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm As an April fools joke y’all should release a seasons mod that just screwed with your vision and stuff :lol:
Beware of black humor:
it was released not long ago: FS19

:biggrin2:
:blushnew:
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

What will Seasons do to saved games in FS19 will you lose all your work or will it just set your crops back to Spring Time I think that's what FS17 Seasons did and will it work on all maps does anybody know thanks
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

I also continue on FS17 untill season comes out - without it just boring to me!
Once in a week i'm checking for new mods...

But on the other hand you've gotta see GIANTS view...
We (all members of the forum) are in a bubble, much more interessted in the game than 90% of the consumers...

In random multiplayer games it feels like:
1/3 never used any mods
1/3 more probably just one: The money cheat box...

And now think about all those guys, just playing singleplayer all time..
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
Niklas1888

Post by Niklas1888 »

sabalero wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 am I also continue on FS17 untill season comes out - without it just boring to me!
Once in a week i'm checking for new mods...

But on the other hand you've gotta see GIANTS view...
We (all members of the forum) are in a bubble, much more interessted in the game than 90% of the consumers...

In random multiplayer games it feels like:
1/3 never used any mods
1/3 more probably just one: The money cheat box...

And now think about all those guys, just playing singleplayer all time..

I could not have put it into words any better
Realistic (Hard - CropRotation - Seasons)
Realistisch (Schwer - Fruchtfolgen - Seasons)

Converted versions of: Süd Thüringen, Gamsting, Bindlbach, Untergriesbach

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming / Intel Core i7-13700K /Gigabyte Aero OC RTX4080 / 32GB DDR5-5600 / 1TB Samsung 990Pro / 1TB Samsung 980Pro
ferrod

Post by ferrod »

I've bought the game since day 2 or 3 but I can't play it without this. I'll wait patiently.
playing Lossberg, Sosnovka and Estancia Lapacho on PS4
nelsonrm

Post by nelsonrm »

I am waiting too. It is just not the same since we got seasons.
A single light dispels darkness
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:06 pm Ohh okay I thought you were trying to say you had answers we didn’t or something
My b :blushnew:
It is as this very moment I wish I had a screenshot of the magnet on my refrigerator.

Its of a very smug baby with the caption "I have all the answers, but I am not sharing"
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

Will the maps be required to be pre-prepared for seasons?
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Seasons is fun and all. And I am very excited for it's release. But I don't understand this "game unplayable" without seasons. Maybe I'm oldfashioned, started in fs13 and I guess I just got used to the way the game is. And seasons in 17 was amazing. And added a great amount of depth to a already fun game. It's a bummer that Seasons wasn't included from the start but I in no way think 19 is unplayable without it. I basically play in a seasonal fashion before it was ever released anyway.

For me seasons added the snow (which it rarely did for me anyway), which was great. But my absolute favorite thing Season did for me was the growth stage that only changed at the end of each season. I LOVED that. I like having my timescale around 5x or 15x if i don't have much going on and I HATE HATE HATE seeing my crop come in all patchy. I could turn growth off and all that and wait till I'm done seeding all my land but it's just another thing I have to do.

Seasons is great and I'm very excited for it. But 19 is better than 17 in the big picture. Seasons is just the cherry on top that I don't think it's worth avoiding a delicious cake underneath just cause it doesn't have the cherry.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

It's unplayable as long as the corn become ready on a big field even I didn't finish the field using slow growing.
It's unplayable as long I run from one field to another, because even on slow growing the plants grow like crazy.
It's unplayable as long I want to make something, thousand things have to do at the same time, because everything is too fast ingame.
With Seasons I make my fields in fall or spring, harvesting in summer, making silage, hay and so on, prepare the fields in fall for the next Season, care about maschines, animals and selling in winter or do some forestry. This feels good. This feels correct.
Without seasons, the game drives me crazy and stresses me... :lol:
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

What Vamp said.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

How fast do you have your timescale to not finish a field before ready for harvest? I don't think that has ever happened to me. Maybe one growth stage but not even close to ready to harvest. If you can't finish one field in 1 game day then how are you going to finish 6 fields in a 24 day season cycle? that only 6 days of spring to seed. Past your 1 day per field limit. Unless you play on a 9 day cycle. Even so you should slow your timescale down a bit.
I agree with you though, I really like that certain jobs like forestry and others have a season time for them. But it's not gamebreaking not having the game tell you what to do when to do it.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

OK, 1x and you are right, on Marwell Manor was the first growth stage, not the harvesting stage.

But I think we all have a special kind of how to play.
For People like me, Seasons is the game.
For People like you, Farming Simulator is the game.
We have to accept each others opinion even I couldn't explain, why Seasons is so important for my gameplay.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Seasons ruined the base gameplay for many. The base game is to wash, rinse and repeat. YOu can have fields in various states of needing to plant, harvest, fertilize, plow, etc on any given game day. For those who just want to grind this is no big deal. For those who want to play the game with some level of simulation to reality which would dictate that you are not planting corn on field 1 while harvesting corn on field 2 at the same time. Or that you do not plant day 1 and harvest day 2 or 3.

We all play this differently and have different motivations and levels of interest. Even with seasons I would see folks play 1X speed do a bunch of work until they figured they did a days worth of work and then Fast FWD to the next day skipping all kinds of hours in between and repeat. I know others like myself that would try to set a clock speed at which we would leave it and play at say 10X speed and we would get up in the morning and work till sunset or slightly past and then skip night and what ever we didn't get done the day before we would get started on the next day. If we ran out of work to do and was waiting on seasons to do a growth change then we must have been working with to large of equipment. The best game play was when you where really working to beat the clock and the weather with each growth transition. sometimes you didn't get everything done and sometimes you would lose crops due to weather or just lack of time but that is the real world also.

The Growth Control mod and multiplayer keep the game somewhat interesting until seasons comes. I get growth on growth control to be 24 or 48 game hours. So 2 days per growth transition is like a 6 day seasons schedule. Or you can toggle plant growth on/off how you wish so you could decide that your going to work all your fields with plowing and cultivation and seeding with growth turned off. Let things progress a little until you have some amount of growth and then turn growth off. Plant late season crops, do your weeding or fertilizing, grass work and then turn growth back on. run until you have your first early crops ready to harvest and turn growth off again and then you have sudo self controlled seasonal play just with out the different day/night durations and with out the ever changing rain % risk, etc.