Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

blue_painted

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by blue_painted »

Realismus Facebook post ... blog coming! :) :) :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wombles

Post by wombles »

Looking forward to the blog, watched some of their videos on you tube about seasons in FS19, all I can say is there's some really talented people out there.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Bogy12 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:19 pm Just registered on this forum to say a BIG THANK YOU to the whole Realismus Modding team. Thank you for you work. You are the reason why i actually started playing Farming Sim properly and not just starting the game to check out new mods and then close it... And im "playing" since FS 09. I hope you know how big of a impact you had on me and many other people. There is simply no point in playing this game without seasons. It gets boring after just a few hours of gameplay. Mod contest mods were released for voting today, and its really really awesome. If you ask me, every single moding team deserves a five star from me. But there is simply no point in really playing without seassons..... I really hope we will see Seasons mod very soon (since im on holiday from college hahahaha), but take your time. Just a quick question... there is a mod for cattle called "cattle breeds mod". As the name suggests, it adds different cattle breeds and fixes the issue in the base game where every type of cattle acts the same which is not realistic at all... and i mean, at all. It ruins the immersion. But since it changes the stats and behaviour of the cattle, will it be compatible with the Season mod ? Once again, thank you for your work :)
I had asked this earlier and It'll require some testing but it will most likely not be compatible due to how Seasons affects livestock. If the Cattle Breeds mod author updates the mod after seasons comes out and works it out to be compatible then maybe. But I think it would require some work on Realismus' side of things to make them compatible, so it would really depend whether they would be willing/have the time to work with the Cattle Breeds mod author to make them compatible or if both mod authors even want them to be compatible. We'll basically have to wait and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
SouthernFarmer

Post by SouthernFarmer »

This mod will be a gamechanger for me. I can’t wait for it to be released.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

TheCanadianJD wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:50 am I had asked this earlier and It'll require some testing but it will most likely not be compatible due to how Seasons affects livestock. If the Cattle Breeds mod author updates the mod after seasons comes out and works it out to be compatible then maybe. But I think it would require some work on Realismus' side of things to make them compatible, so it would really depend whether they would be willing/have the time to work with the Cattle Breeds mod author to make them compatible or if both mod authors even want them to be compatible. We'll basically have to wait and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Nah, there is no need for that mod with Seasons active.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

Sooo, does that mean we will also have some sort of proper animal breeds when playing with seasons ? Just asking :)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

«Later this week» is so freakin long!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am «Later this week» is so freakin long!
Every minute of every day ......
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:51 am
TheCanadianJD wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:50 am I had asked this earlier and It'll require some testing but it will most likely not be compatible due to how Seasons affects livestock. If the Cattle Breeds mod author updates the mod after seasons comes out and works it out to be compatible then maybe. But I think it would require some work on Realismus' side of things to make them compatible, so it would really depend whether they would be willing/have the time to work with the Cattle Breeds mod author to make them compatible or if both mod authors even want them to be compatible. We'll basically have to wait and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Nah, there is no need for that mod with Seasons active.
I wouldn't say there is no need for the mod with Seasons. It modifies countless aspects of raising cattle (literally everything) that make them an overall much more enjoyable experience and can allow for an easier transition into cattle while having "levels" that you can progress through (ie cheaper cattle to start with that have worse production numbers that can be traded off for more expensive cattle with better production numbers or having cattle that consume more or less food depending on feeding capabilities) as well as deciding whether to raise dairy or beef cattle. It goes really in-depth and is a fantastic mod that focuses on really nice details that only a mod focusing so heavily on one small aspect of the game can. While meaning absolutely no disrespect to the Realismus team or Seasons mod, it's just something that probably isn't the most viable to implement into the Seasons mod due to it's intricacies because Seasons is already doing so much to practically every aspect of the game. Spending so much time on one small aspect probably isn't the most viable. It would be an interesting addition if it could work with Seasons but as it is I am excited to see how livestock are already being overhauled in 19 vs 17. It's simply a trade off; I'm willing to not have as many different options with my cattle in exchange for having seasons, temperature changes, a proper market that fluctuates throughout the year, and an overhauled equipment maintenance system.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

New patch was just released, and among the patch notes there is one curious thing... "Fixed functionality used by some mods (advanced foliage modifications) (1.4.1)". Hmm, maybe this is a bit far stretched and please correct me if im wrong, but i have a sneaky feeling this might be a bit of preparation for one very very famous mod... :D
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Could well be preps for seasons as the foliage changes with every season pardon the pun.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Little teasers are fine. Realismus Modding are keeping their cards close to their chest. To me the whole season 19 overhaul should be experienced when the mod comes out. Giving out to much detail can kill peoples expectations of the mod. I am excited for the dramatic changes, but I want to discover them for myself. I am guessing there will be a section in help explaining the workings of seasons 19 like in 17. Thank you guys for your amazing contribution to this game. This why Seasons won Farmcon 18. Modders dedicated to their craft. Once again thank you for your hard work. It is well and truely appreciated by many.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I understand Lone Oak Farm conversion by Oxygendavid with blessings from BulletBill83 will be one of the first maps to see seasons support.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Bogy12 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:41 pm New patch was just released, and among the patch notes there is one curious thing... "Fixed functionality used by some mods (advanced foliage modifications) (1.4.1)". Hmm, maybe this is a bit far stretched and please correct me if im wrong, but i have a sneaky feeling this might be a bit of preparation for one very very famous mod... :D
🤔🧐
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

New patch??
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420