Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

jah6575

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by jah6575 »

I am curious to see the response to this as the vanilla game cows have changed since fs17. As long as the cows have TMR they no longer need any other feed type. No more hay and no more grass. Has this changed in Seasons? I personally like this version. In fact it has returned to the FS 15 model where you can get cows to 100 productivity just by feeding mixed ration and of course you need straw for bedding and water, but that goes without saying.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

If you keep the amount of animals small enough then they can eat from the pen. But it is very unlikely to be enough. And in winter grass does not grow.

We did not change how animals eat in Seasons. So it is FS19 behavior.
Note that animals will eat their best food first, and then their worse food. So cows eat TMR first, and then grass. However, for Pigs it is a mix so they eat everything at the same time.
dutchcon21

Post by dutchcon21 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 pm If you keep the amount of animals small enough then they can eat from the pen. But it is very unlikely to be enough. And in winter grass does not grow.

We did not change how animals eat in Seasons. So it is FS19 behavior.
Note that animals will eat their best food first, and then their worse food. So cows eat TMR first, and then grass. However, for Pigs it is a mix so they eat everything at the same time.
Thanks for the reply. I admit I had forgotten how the cow food had been changed. I've been buying mostly sheep and chickens. It's been a while since I have had cows on a save game.
Last edited by dutchcon21 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SlippyToad

Post by SlippyToad »

reallogger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 pm @crash: yes see how that would be useful. Don't see how smth like that could easily be implemented though.

@VonArens: We have not published a planned features list as this would put unnecessary pressure on something that is a hobby for us.
Interesting to learn that this is a hobby for you guys. I don't know the relationship you have with Giants, if any, but is it the case so that the developer has left the development of what many including myself view as a key component of the game up to the community?

Sorry to be blunt but you lot need to be getting paid.

I won't play FS without seasons and there's many more like me. I honestly don't think I'll buy another Giants game if they play the community for fools.

Mark
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

While I get where your coming from above me this game has become what it is because so many people in the community have had such a great vision for what they want the game to be and taught themselves how to mod it. Some credit is due to giants for giving so much control over the game to the community because I would argue that in this particular case seasons would not be as good as it is simply because the Realismus team isnt being influenced by a time crunch or administrative influence. In other words I have more faith in their ability to do it right than I due in the dev's ability to make it part of the base game simply because it's a labor of love that Realismus is kind enough to share with the rest of us vs a product that must be made profitable.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

SlippyToad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 pmInteresting to learn that this is a hobby for you guys. I don't know the relationship you have with Giants, if any, but is it the case so that the developer has left the development of what many including myself view as a key component of the game up to the community?

Sorry to be blunt but you lot need to be getting paid.

I won't play FS without seasons and there's many more like me. I honestly don't think I'll buy another Giants game if they play the community for fools.

Mark
Preble 818 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 am While I get where your coming from above me this game has become what it is because so many people in the community have had such a great vision for what they want the game to be and taught themselves how to mod it. Some credit is due to giants for giving so much control over the game to the community because I would argue that in this particular case seasons would not be as good as it is simply because the Realismus team isnt being influenced by a time crunch or administrative influence. In other words I have more faith in their ability to do it right than I due in the dev's ability to make it part of the base game simply because it's a labor of love that Realismus is kind enough to share with the rest of us vs a product that must be made profitable.
Both of these opinions+

I think that the Realismus team will do a better job than Giants ever would, but I also wish there were more of an incentive and reward for them. If nothing else, they at least seem to be deservedly basking in the veneration of all of us who are waiting for them to release it...
Stanko206

Post by Stanko206 »

Just wondering if weather will have effect on yield, will it be possible to water the field during hot days to keep our plants hydrated enough? ;)

Also not sure if that could be part of seasons, but diseases and pests could be added like weeds.

As been said above, I know its your hobby but you should really think about donations account, as you deserved at least half of the vanila value and Im sure players would donate much as massive thank you guys for what you are doing. Maybe in a future we could have new crops, orchards, fruits ahhh dreams are good :)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Stanko206 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 am

As been said above, I know its your hobby but you should really think about donations account, as you deserved at least half of the vanila value and Im sure players would donate much as massive thank you guys for what you are doing.
On their website there is info about donations. I made one half of mine already, and another half when finished😊
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Stanko206

Post by Stanko206 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 am
On their website there is info about donations. I made one half of mine already, and another half when finished😊
Havent found that small tab in the corner :P
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Stanko206 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 am
https://t.co/0VdbxbXMv5?amp=1
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:39 am
Copying the link does not work. Go to our website and at the very bottom there is a Donate link.
#MB-Trac_Power

Post by #MB-Trac_Power »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 pm
reallogger wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 pmVolunteers for going through the 48 pages here? :D
There is a pretty good summary here.

SilverNews looks a little bit like "Cpt. America" :mrgreen: (Good Video, good man! *thumbsup*)

Where are the other mates? Do they work on seasons? :coolnew:

Fact is, RM save our ls-world *thumbsup* Big Thanks for that!

With friendly greets
#MB-Trac_Power
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

Happy Easter Everyone
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Happy easter!! Have a nice day! I’m in Bruges on holyday see you next week
Mooro

Post by Mooro »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:05 pm
JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:39 am

Copying the link does not work. Go to our website and at the very bottom there is a Donate link.
Would a donation help with the release date?! 😂 (This is a lighthearted, joke comment serving only to highlight my desperate need for Seasons 19 and nothing else. Snowflakes need not respond).