Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Jeramy

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Jeramy »

Do rows of grass disappear at midnight now? Or did you slow down rotting?

The main appeal of seasons for me is the slower pace of the game. I enjoy that I can plow one day, cultivate the next, and plant on day 3. So seasons during grass season is hectic to the point of not being fun. Having to mow Ted, rake, bale, and store all in one day is frustrating.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I'm beyond excited 😃
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Jeramy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:40 pm Having to mow Ted, rake, bale, and store all in one day is frustrating.
I love the slower pace to. But when i comes to grass and harvesting grain I love that it is kinda stressing to get everything done in the timewindow you have available.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

If your crop was dry when you mowed it, you don't need to ted. If it was wet, you need to ted. If it rains, you will need to ted again.

Rotting now happens after more than 1 day. We haven't fully tested this part yet, but if it feels realistic it is likely correct: if you leave grass in the rain, it will start rotting. If you leave wet grass outside, it will start rotting. Just not directly at midnight if the day you mowed.
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

Thank you for the update Rahkiin....despite all the problems with the game, at least this thread gives us something to be excited for
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

Looking forward to Seasons in 19.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:18 pm If your crop was dry when you mowed it, you don't need to ted. If it was wet, you need to ted. If it rains, you will need to ted again.

Rotting now happens after more than 1 day. We haven't fully tested this part yet, but if it feels realistic it is likely correct: if you leave grass in the rain, it will start rotting. If you leave wet grass outside, it will start rotting. Just not directly at midnight if the day you mowed.
So will there be a set time limit instead of a certain time? Because I know in 17 I would start early in the morning to mow so I didn’t hit that midnight cap. With this new system, can I start at midnight and still have the same amount of time (or close to it) as I would have starting earlier in the day?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Cant wait for this **** and other realistic mods. The game just doesnt feel right without it *thumbsup*
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Smith Modding wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:18 pm ...
So will there be a set time limit instead of a certain time? Because I know in 17 I would start early in the morning to mow so I didn’t hit that midnight cap. With this new system, can I start at midnight and still have the same amount of time (or close to it) as I would have starting earlier in the day?
Hard to say currently because we are still balancing it. There is likely not a set time limit because it depends on the weather. Currently grass will rot in its second midnight. However, hay won't. as long as it is hay. But hay will rot once it gets rained on. For dry to become wet, it will need about half a day to rain (WIP). (It gets complicated, internally, but effectively you have longer but need to take in consideration the weather)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Top quality work as ever.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

This system sounds fantastic, Team Realismus. Can't wait to try it. I hope you guys are enjoying the creation process as much as we are all looking forward to your results *thumbsup*
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Personally I would like to see default seasons including all crops. Just for pure use of seasons economics system. Maybe 3 season system option. Like all in (all crops), hot climate (sugarcane, cotton etc.), and normal (central European sugarbeet, potato etc.) which was like in fs17 seasons default. Would be nice to see that option of choice.
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

They'll probably realease GEO mods for seasons like they did in FS17 so that the climate would match the map you were playing on. Really useful considering the first time I loaded up seasons on Estancia it was snowing!
G'day
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Considering that you are monitoring 'wet' levels have you thought of adding a requirement to hydrate crops in warmer GEOs?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Considered, yes. But that is a whole system on its own, super big, needs new vehicles and tools, and map updates to make it properly visible to the player. So no we are not adding it.

We have added some other new things to our growth system though