Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Bogy12

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by Bogy12 »

Ninny2005 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 pm Just wondering do straw and hay bales rot when inside sheds?
No, they do not.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Panda93 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 pm Just wanted to clarify some information about horses. It says that "A horse can be brought to the farm in exchange of no money." Does it mean that we don't buy and sell horses anymore and get paid only for looking after them? Thanks
Correct. Think of it as you are a hotel for horses and need to feed, water, and exercise (ride) them in order to receive the daily income. If they die in your care you have to pay to replace them.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Shambala12 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:26 pm How will weeds work in terms of will fields always be infested with weeds, will it be the whole field, some sections or randomly around the field. Obviously to save money, dont really want to spray every field every year with herbicide to prevent weeds however if theres a e.g. 1/4 chance that a field will be infested, it would not be worth pre spraying
Straight from their blog post about weeds, they will pop up in random patches around the field, rather than covering the entire field at once. A mechanical weeder can remove the smaller weeds but larger ones need to be sprayed (same as vanilla) and if you spray the field you will not get any weeds on it until you harvest the crop off of it. Basically spray herbicide once and that crop will be weed free until you harvest it. Only after harvest will it start to produce weeds again. Weeds can also die on their own if the soil temperature drops below 4°C. If you don't deal with the weeds in some way, they will reduce your yield. In my opinion you are better off to just spray every field. The improved yield will offset the costs.
Fobok

Post by Fobok »

I know you been getting a lot of questions, and this may have been answered sometime earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find it if it was. But, given that drought can now kill crops, but we can't hydrate them according to the previous FAQ, is there some other means of preventing/lessening that crop loss? Or will that be a rare enough occurrence even in warmer GEOs that we won't experience it too often?

I like the idea of the realism of having a bad year, occasionally. I just kind of want to have a way of mitigating the damage if it starts happening a lot. :-) I mainly thought of this after watching a review of the Durango map. On a proper GEO I can see droughts happening there regularly.
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

Fobok wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am I know you been getting a lot of questions, and this may have been answered sometime earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find it if it was. But, given that drought can now kill crops, but we can't hydrate them according to the previous FAQ, is there some other means of preventing/lessening that crop loss? Or will that be a rare enough occurrence even in warmer GEOs that we won't experience it too often?

I like the idea of the realism of having a bad year, occasionally. I just kind of want to have a way of mitigating the damage if it starts happening a lot. :-) I mainly thought of this after watching a review of the Durango map. On a proper GEO I can see droughts happening there regularly.
I was kinda wondering about drought mitigation as well, but I don't really want to challenge the complexity of Seasons 19 in it's current state. I know they really can't get it absolutely "true to life", but I know the mod itself can be hooked into for various functions. It would be cool to see things like conservation tilling, drought-tolerant crops (cowpea, chickpea, peanuts,etc... heck they even have genetically modified maize now that holds up to drought), or maybe even government assistance when crops fail due to droughts.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Maybe it’s possible to add water as a filltype and this could be used to water your fields if there is a drought, aka what soil-mod did back in the day. Now that irrigation-systems have started to pop up, it would have been nice to be able to use them as intended. I guess that’s feature-creeping, but maybe something to keep in mind for v1.1 or something..?
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

If I spray herbicide on the field prior to seeding/planting will this protect the crop from weeds until the crop is harvested? Is this what is meant as the preemptive effect?
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:51 am If I spray herbicide on the field prior to seeding/planting will this protect the crop from weeds until the crop is harvested?
Yes it will.

I am just wondering how well the helpers work with weeder, if there only few patches on the field :hmm:
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Ok thank you
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am
gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:51 am If I spray herbicide on the field prior to seeding/planting will this protect the crop from weeds until the crop is harvested?
Yes it will.

I am just wondering how well the helpers work with weeder, if there only few patches on the field :hmm:
Probably the same as always... They go trough whole field no matter if there are weeds in it or not. I think.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Bogy12 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:10 am
Yes it will.

Probably the same as always... They go trough whole field no matter if there are weeds in it or not. I think.
You usually go with weeder through whole field, eventhough weeds are not everywhere.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Yes it will.

They won't like it. They stop once a weed patch finished.

That's actually the reason the game has full field weeds.
Zanderthomson113

Post by Zanderthomson113 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 am
Yes it will.

So the whole weed system unless it is a full field has to be done manually. That’s only if you can get a full field of weeds
Caduryn

Post by Caduryn »

I dont know if ist already answered, but is it absolutly required to start a new Savegame?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Zanderthomson113 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 am
Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 am
Yes it will.

So the whole weed system unless it is a full field has to be done manually. That’s only if you can get a full field of weeds
Yes, you will need to do it manually. But its only some spots so it might not be too bad.