Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

James jl24011990

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by James jl24011990 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Yeah snow piled up on vehicles would be good and on window screens but having to manually turning on window wipers to get it off and while it rains or snows gradually blurs vision when in the cab view, The game needs more of a realistic touch having to do things manually for a meaning oh yeah thanks realimust modding excellent mod 10 out of ten from me

gordon861

Post by gordon861 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Miketeg wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Hope you will be able to bring some Winter mission! But i'm sure that will be a challenge.
Winter missions should require you to clear the local highway of snow, and have you dump the snow in a yard or on your won land. The completion would have to be dependent on the % roadway area cleared, but this might need a mask setup for the roadway.

You could also have a mission to salt the roads when the temp gets low.

ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:09 pm

gordon861 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm
... You could also have a mission to salt the roads when the temp gets low.

Oh, thank you to remind me ... here we go:

- will there be ICE on the streets? (the snow in FS17 was amazing, sometimes more or less, sometimes belongs to the wind or buildings...)

- will the lakes and rivers become ICE to drive over them?
Xbox One X - FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Oberlausitz, Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus), Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface), AgroStar 6.61 (Giants)

jah6575

Post by jah6575 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm

I admit that I have mostly played seasons for testing purposes. However I did like 9 day seasons as it allows you to move quickly from season to season, yet still feel like you had things to do. But most of my games were with my MN geo and those I played at 24 day seasons to test weather and just cause I’m a cold and snow lover, I guess you have to be to live here... Anyway I played a lot of Lone Oak, but went really big, owning most of the middle portion of the map and raising cows and pigs, so even with 24 day and running 5-15x speed I had plenty of stuff to do. I want to say I was working somewhere in the ballpark of 150-200 Ha and I did it all myself, no hired workers. On the grasswork end I round baled and loaded all manually, hauled to storage then put up manually. I have a spreadsheet with game info so I can plan out how much seed, fertilizer and such to buy, loading manually in off season and hauling to storage and putting up. So I spend a lot of time on a front loader.

SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 am

I have to say, I like the slow paced feel of a 9 day season. Whether you play each day at x5 or x15, a 9 day season just feels nice and relaxed.

Apart from harvest time which is a mad panic and calling up mates and begging them to help.

And again in winter when all the wood chips are sold and the lads I cajoled into helping with the harvest spend 3 hours building a snow ramp 80ft high to try and throw my new tractor off like its a lemming. Those winter days can't ever be too long...

Countrykid1099farmer

Post by Countrykid1099farmer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 am

TaintedBlackCat wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm
Just a quick one for anyone who'll listen. When I play seasons (9 days @ 15x, skipping most nights) I find that the finance tab's ability to only display the last four days income, overheads and profit information really basic.

!Warning nerd alert! 😹I keep a folder with detailed information on EVERYTHING from weather and soil temps to accurate figures on wages and profit/loss statements on my harvests each year. I used a pre-line ruled page for each week detailing the profit and/or loss of my farming business. I use a pen and calculator as I'm a Gen X nerd.

At the end of the seasons year (4x9 days) I prepare a yearly summary and can see where my money went and where it came from. For example, I realised the solid/liquid fertiliser was costing a huge amount. I used oil seed, slurry and manure the next year to boost my bottom line.

Crazy I know, but maybe a bit more detailed financial section in the new seasons mod would be cool. I think so anyway!😸
I'm way late to comment on this but I do the exact same thing!! Makes me feel more into the game and more like my daily life!! Hope your cattle are doing well in your heatwave down there
Big ole Canadian cattle farmer
10,000 acres
500 head
2 meese (plural for moose) (rescue rehab home for the local conservation)
Claas and Kubota only

And before you ask I'm not a kid just made my name when I was young :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am

^^^Wow, I didn't realise so many players did that. True, it does get you more involved..my families cows are ok. We run massive sprinklers during milkings that shoot cool water over the girls. My dad, brother an I have borrowed from the bank to build new sheds for the girls to shelter under.

We've been planting trees for the past few years as when we brought the farm there were none in the paddocks. We slash the fields after we water (by water I mean release a huge amount from our allocated channels, paying handsomely as the water inspector watches on) hoping our grass shoots up before the weeds.

Australia's drought is crippling our farming industry. Thank god Western Australian farmers are donating hay to the states of Queensland and New South Wales for their cattle. Western Australian farmers have slightly more rain at the moment. We have national hotlines and charities donating hay, food, money, toys for farmer's children set up now, it's helping, but as some of you know farmers are a proud and dignified bunch and wouldn't ask for anything no matter what.

Some of us haven't had decent rain for 3 or 4 years. We buy our water, and it costs a lot. The donations of hay have been a huge help to some, but it costs an enormous amount of money to transport hay 3500kms across country. The road trains are only running because like minded Australian's are donating their trucks, gear, fuel and time to help us out.

Farmer's here are killing their stock rather than see them starve to death. Pregnant Mummy cows are dying as their unborn calves take all there strength and nutrients well before they're ready to be born.

City folk judge our farmers for the above. Some Aussie farmers have committed suicide rather than see there third generation farms go under. It really is sad, but we'll get through....

Sorry to bring the mood down, I just started typing and didn't stop...thanks for reading if you made it this far😿
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 Yes! My Avatar is one of my many black, tainted, pet cats. Ex Royal Australian Navy turned Dairy Farmer, 410 total milking herd. Wagga, NSW.

Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:50 pm

TaintedBlackCat wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am
^^^Wow, I didn't realise so many players did that. True, it does get you more involved..my families cows are ok. We run massive sprinklers during milkings that shoot cool water over the girls. My dad, brother an I have borrowed from the bank to build new sheds for the girls to shelter under.

We've been planting trees for the past few years as when we brought the farm there were none in the paddocks. We slash the fields after we water (by water I mean release a huge amount from our allocated channels, paying handsomely as the water inspector watches on) hoping our grass shoots up before the weeds.

Australia's drought is crippling our farming industry. Thank god Western Australian farmers are donating hay to the states of Queensland and New South Wales for their cattle. Western Australian farmers have slightly more rain at the moment. We have national hotlines and charities donating hay, food, money, toys for farmer's children set up now, it's helping, but as some of you know farmers are a proud and dignified bunch and wouldn't ask for anything no matter what.

Some of us haven't had decent rain for 3 or 4 years. We buy our water, and it costs a lot. The donations of hay have been a huge help to some, but it costs an enormous amount of money to transport hay 3500kms across country. The road trains are only running because like minded Australian's are donating their trucks, gear, fuel and time to help us out.

Farmer's here are killing their stock rather than see them starve to death. Pregnant Mummy cows are dying as their unborn calves take all there strength and nutrients well before they're ready to be born.

City folk judge our farmers for the above. Some Aussie farmers have committed suicide rather than see there third generation farms go under. It really is sad, but we'll get through....

Sorry to bring the mood down, I just started typing and didn't stop...thanks for reading if you made it this far😿
It's always enlightening to get a perspective insight into what real life farmers & farming in general have to go through.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers

BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:33 pm

reallogger wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm
I always liked the feeling of days passing and used 9 day either at 5x or 15x depending on how much work there was. I never went to 1x even if that meant I lost some crops. At 5x I always had the challenge and satisfaction to do work more efficiently as the farm grew with more animals and more fields.
I agree Reallogger, I like the longer seasons and speed up time a little if necessary when caught up a little. I like the idea of not finishing a field and having to park up the equipment for the night and getting started back in the morning after taking care of the morning chores of caring for animals. In FS-17 I once tried keeping a game save in time with a in-game year same as a real life year. I only play around 1 to 2 hours a day so I kept the time at 5x to 15x and the max season length of 24 day seasons. Worked out pretty good, but soon realized that I would only get money from two harvests in before FS-19 would be out and that would not be enough to be able to fully enjoy all the aspects of the game, such as purchasing more land, and animals, and larger equipment before going over to FS-19. So I then switched to 9 day seasons with time never going below 5x and still playing around 1 - 2 hours a day and worked great. One full in-game year lasted around 4 to 6 months, still didn't have the time to buy all the land on Lone Oak Farm map but was still able to enjoy making plenty money from multiple harvests and working with larger equipment and animals. The way the Seasons lengths are now I think are perfect, so that weather a person has the time to play 1 hour a day or 5 hours a day they can still have the time and choices to enjoy the game to it's fullest extent.
One thing I really liked also with Seasons mod was the new maintenance and repairs feature. I like the new maintenance option Giants has implemented in 19 better than 17, but I still rather the maintenance and repair option in Seasons mod. I like how if you don't repair or maintain the vehicle it will quit while working in the field or may not start at all until repaired, as opposed to just slowing down while working as Giants has it now. Lets face it, as much as maintenance and repairs may not be very fun in real life it is a real part of farming.
Just a suggestion if possible with Seasons 19; would I think be another great part of the repairs side is if you could cause the player to loose time to make the repairs. In real life, that is one of the problems of having to do repairs is that a farmer may loose hours out of his day having to remove the part, find and purchase the part then install the new part. Would be cool if when the player selects to repair the piece of equipment that just broke down on him in the field, besides having to pay for the repair, time would also speed up for a couple of hours or so as well then go back to the players previous setting after the repair is made and allowing the player to go back to his normal duties.
At any rate, Thank You Realismus Modding and all modders for all your hard work to make Farming Simulator an even more realistic farming game.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:50 pm

I like your idea of repairs costing time but speeding time up would also affect everything else going on, like workers. It would be better if the vehicle or equipment just became unavailable for a period of time
Playing on PC and PS4

BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:58 pm

^^^ Very good point Drmattymd, like your idea better.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm

@Drmattymd - so maybe it just won't start/turn-on during that time? I've been known to hack-around vehicles.xml (on FS17) to give myself "old used" equipment, and getting them home can be a challenge.

Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 am

Very excited. Hope GIANTS will put this at the top of their reveiw list as all of us are patiently waiting for this great extension to the game. Keep it up yall!
2004 Sierra 1500 Z71
5.3 vortec w/turbo

Alagos

Post by Alagos » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

You know, it will be months before it's finished lol

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Alagos wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm
You know, it will be months before it's finished lol
Just in time for the last of the release bugs to be patched, and for third party mod releases to hit their critical mass! It'll be perfect timing!

I'm actually not being sarcastic; it's going to be some sweet farmin' times when that all comes together *thumbsup*

And I'm old and patient now so what's a few months ?? :lol: :lol: