Suggestion for a new sticky topic: Version Information

Boerke79

Suggestion for a new sticky topic: Version Information

Post by Boerke79 »

I am using a day one disc version of the game on Xbox One, and I am having a hard time identifying what is the latest application version of FS19 on the Xbox One. The Xbox Game Information menu tells me that it is currently on version 1.0.0.12. But I can't verify this information against anything online. Is this the latest version for my platorm? Should there be a higher version?

So this got me thinking, with all these diferent platforms, it is very difficult to keep track of what you have and what you need. Especially with the launch difficulties that the game currently has. Is it possible to keep actual application version information for each platform in a sticky topic on the forum for people to verify game information against? Because now I don't know if my game has the latest version of patch, or if I am still on the non-patched game. I did get the day one patch though.
Guil

Re: Suggestion for a new sticky topic: Version Information

Post by Guil »

The latest patch hasn't been submitted for console yet. When it does though you will be notified on the console.
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

Boerke79 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:36 pm I am using a day one disc version of the game on Xbox One, and I am having a hard time identifying what is the latest application version of FS19 on the Xbox One. The Xbox Game Information menu tells me that it is currently on version 1.0.0.12. But I can't verify this information against anything online. Is this the latest version for my platorm? Should there be a higher version?

So this got me thinking, with all these diferent platforms, it is very difficult to keep track of what you have and what you need. Especially with the launch difficulties that the game currently has. Is it possible to keep actual application version information for each platform in a sticky topic on the forum for people to verify game information against? Because now I don't know if my game has the latest version of patch, or if I am still on the non-patched game. I did get the day one patch though.
And you can play console right now?
An unoptimized game for me. My eyes burn.
It's a disaster and we can wait a few more weeks. It may be we can not get anything. I feel overwhelmed.
Boerke79

Post by Boerke79 »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:07 pm The latest patch hasn't been submitted for console yet. When it does though you will be notified on the console.
My question is not a request for a patch, more of a request of a platform game version tracker, to make sure that when they do come out, people can verify that they have them, on Xbox, games patch themselves for instance, this is why I asked for a platform version tracker.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I know that but you are looking for information to be repeated unnecessarily, On console you can check you have the latest patch in the menu and on pc or mac you just have to check the update page or else steam.
markare

Post by markare »

On your xbox home splash screen press start button on the thumbnail for fs19 then select manage games and addons, if there is an update it will show in that list, that way you will be up to date. Other wise select your games and apps option and any updates will show in there, to ensure you are up to date go to settings and select keep console and games up to date the console then searches in the background every few hours for updates that don't push automatically. Doing it through the game thumbnail has given me better results for updates than waiting n for the console to it automatically.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Miktrent07

Post by Miktrent07 »

markare wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 pm On your xbox home splash screen press start button on the thumbnail for fs19 then select manage games and addons, if there is an update it will show in that list, that way you will be up to date. Other wise select your games and apps option and any updates will show in there, to ensure you are up to date go to settings and select keep console and games up to date the console then searches in the background every few hours for updates that don't push automatically. Doing it through the game thumbnail has given me better results for updates than waiting n for the console to it automatically.
Do you know if that’s the same for PS4. My other games always update automatically when an update becomes available, but this is the first game I actually bought the disc. I didn’t know if that makes any difference since it’s installed to the hard drive.
Jd2140

Post by Jd2140 »

I’m on ps4 and have several games on disk and hard drive as far as I’m aware they update automatically if there’s an update available
Miktrent07

Post by Miktrent07 »

Jd2140 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 pm I’m on ps4 and have several games on disk and hard drive as far as I’m aware they update automatically if there’s an update available
*thumbsup* That’s what I thought. Just making sure I’m not the only one still playing without updating :smileynew:
Guil

Post by Guil »

They only update automatically if you have ps+ iirc.
Jd2140

Post by Jd2140 »

Yep forgot to add that, cheers Guil ,I guess patience is the key ,personally I’d rather wait for a decent update that sorts everything ,I still haven’t had that many problems with my game to be fair ,at least nothing that stops me playing it anyway
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

mine update automatically when my PS4 is on and I don't have a PS plus+ ...
Jd2140

Post by Jd2140 »

With out ps+ you can’t play online ,so I thought that’s why it updates if u have it ,but i looked it up and it says as long as you have internet connection it will update games so when there’s one available it should do it