Front loader bucket

Ragman

Front loader bucket

Post by Ragman »

Can someone explain to me how the 61HP skid steer have 1260L bucket but 250HP tractor only had 940L bucket? Is this some middle european thing or what? It should be much bigger bucket for front loaders.
redglasses

Re: Front loader bucket

Post by redglasses »

The bucket sizes all around need to be changed
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
crash

Post by crash »

just installed a 10k buckrake mod..

I used the big fliegl galvanised fl loader bucked mod all the time in fs17 :) biggest one was 4k liters i think
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

crash wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 pm just installed a 10k buckrake mod..

I used the big fliegl galvanised fl loader bucked mod all the time in fs17 :) biggest one was 4k liters i think
Where did you get that mod from?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
crash

Post by crash »

modhoster, but its actually 25k and levels a silage clamp way wider than the actual buckrake:)
In Norway
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

redglasses wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 pm The bucket sizes all around need to be changed
Thats true
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Generally speaking, skid steers can lift more for their size than a tractor.

Just a glance at John Deere and New Holland's websites, the largest tractor front loader they make designed for a 6R tractor can lift 5,408lb at full height. A New Holland L234 (63hp) can lift up to 6,800lb.

Of course, a telehandler or wheel loader can lift much more.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Nah. It’s those crazy middle Europeans making stuff up
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Ragman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 pm Can someone explain to me how the 61HP skid steer have 1260L bucket but 250HP tractor only had 940L bucket? Is this some middle european thing or what? It should be much bigger bucket for front loaders.
Agri Tractors are mainly purposed for traction of implements and tippers. Skid steer loaders are designed to lift and carry around objects and materials. They can manage so by having their centre of weight much further behind on their bodies.
It also depends on the hydraulics, but that's not the main reason, as manufacturers could use all kinds of hydraulics on tractors or skids if they wanted to.
Power (HP) has much less to do with this case. A general rule of thumb is 1 hp for 1 ton pulling on flat ground.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 pm Generally speaking, skid steers can lift more for their size than a tractor.

Just a glance at John Deere and New Holland's websites, the largest tractor front loader they make designed for a 6R tractor can lift 5,408lb at full height. A New Holland L234 (63hp) can lift up to 6,800lb.

Of course, a telehandler or wheel loader can lift much more.
err you misinterpreting the New Holland L234 specs.

the 6800lb is the tipping load, that is the load point that the machine will topple forward, the operating load is 50% of the tippling load, which is 3400lb.

the reason why skid-steers tend to have high bucket capacities for their size is they tend to have buckets for loose materials as standard.

wile tractors tend to have a more general purpose buckets, aimed at more dense materials and digging, hence trends towards lower capacity, while the loaders themselves have to be much stronger to withstand the relative tractive forces of a much heavier/powerful machine pushing buckets into piles and other digging operations, so the extra mass of the loader itself also detracts some relative lifting load vs. the lightly constructed boom-arms of skid-steer loaders.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Guil

Post by Guil »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 am

Power (HP) has much less to do with this case. A general rule of thumb is 1 hp for 1 ton pulling on flat ground.
Is that specific to tractors or is it a typo? Generally I have seen with trucks that they are specced about 10hp per tonne.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Guil wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm Is that specific to tractors or is it a typo? Generally I have seen with trucks that they are specced about 10hp per tonne.
It depends on what speed you need to reach. For trucks, I'm guessing you would be very correct, as they need to reach high speeds, relatively fast.
The 1hp to 1ton is a rule from trains at about 1% inclination.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the front loader doesn't have much to do with HP but chassis geometry.
crash

Post by crash »

Here is a tractor known for its bad front loader handeling. Front axle sits almost under the the FL bracket. On the other end, its a great forestry tractor
http://www.traktorfinder.de/ad/12480/va ... itech-50km

A quicke q98 has 4,2 tonns max lift capacity, 2,6tons at max height(4,85meters) 80cm from arm center. Its suited for 200+hp tractors and 13+tonnes. So JD 7/8 series, fendt 930 etc.. Quicke/ålø`s biggest bucket is 2,2m3 and is a light material bucket, grain, snow etc.
In Norway