About the Game issues and your complaints

Rasping rabbit

Re: About the Game issues and your complaints

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Coming from an Xbox player, I think the graphics are a massive improvement, especially the lighting and new textures.

I have noticed no FPS drops after 80+ hours.

Resetting does take half the fuel, not sure if that’s a bug or a ‘cost’ for resetting as it hasn’t been mentioned.

Patches etc will always be slower on console. On pc Giants can push the patch as soon as it is ready. On console it then has to be tested by Microsoft/Sony before it is released, the same as mods.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:51 am
livesea72 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 am one was responded to by giants saying it was already reported,when looked it up they get a good find and theirs was 18 hours after mine? So yea im done. still had a half dozen or so to report that noone has found yet.
So because they read somebody else’s bug report, instead of yours, about the same bug, you aren’t going to report any more.

I guess you can’t really complain if they don’t fix them then. 😆😆😆
Been almost 2 weeks since some were reported without being read so at this point they wont get fixed for awhile.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

Can't agree with you OP. I am enjoying the game with the issues as is. I can understand why there would be high expectations, but it is also true that if you really feel like you would rather have Giants wait to release a less "buggy" game you always have the option of playing fs17 and keeping what you might consider your pre release version in the box. Never bought a pre release game that wasn't released with some significant and even legit gripes (Skyrim anyone?). I will be happy to continue beta testing for you. Back to farming.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Everyone has made some good and legitimate comments, complaints and concerns so far in this thread. I too am enjoying the game so far but then a bug or glitch will show it’s ugly head and I get ticked.
The constant release of problematic game has been going on for years, some worse than others by far. I’d love to name names, but I know that would be frowned upon!
But people seem to have forgotten 1 thing... we are the consumers with the money, that they, the game companies want! If they “rely” on monies from preorders, don’t do it. If you aren’t satisfied with the product, send it back! We all have voices and it’s time that they are heard!
When you purchase something, there is a reasonable expectation that you will or should be satisfied with said purchase.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

Goose66 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:07 pm A lot of people here are forgetting there is a publisher involved. And they have the major input on release times. Xmas sales are a massive sales boost for a publisher.
Yes it shouldnt have been released quite so soon but it’s not all down to Giants.
I totally agree with you, I forgot to mention that in my discussion, but you are right, the publishers need to think this out before suggestioning on forcing Programming Company(Giant) to put out a 40-50% broken game on release, granted this is not a AAA game putting in millions on the game because if it was AAA it wouldn't have been release within 2 years it would be around 4 yrs + to have major bugs fixed and a damn good running game.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 am Everyone has made some good and legitimate comments, complaints and concerns so far in this thread. I too am enjoying the game so far but then a bug or glitch will show it’s ugly head and I get ticked.
The constant release of problematic game has been going on for years, some worse than others by far. I’d love to name names, but I know that would be frowned upon!
But people seem to have forgotten 1 thing... we are the consumers with the money, that they, the game companies want! If they “rely” on monies from preorders, don’t do it. If you aren’t satisfied with the product, send it back! We all have voices and it’s time that they are heard!
When you purchase something, there is a reasonable expectation that you will or should be satisfied with said purchase.
haha Agreed, its all about the hype that brings us in to purchase the pre-release.
Cheesemass

Post by Cheesemass »

Shadow250 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 pm
i liked the sound better in 17 since i could hear the vehicles run in 3rd person.
I second that - the engine sounds are great. And with new dynamics for aux power an all. But when you can hear the subtle clicking of a weeder from an eye in the sky and the tractor is a low dull hum, the mix is off. Was thinking it was just because I hadn’t set up my rear speakers but evidently other people are noticing.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

FarmDemAcres wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 am Can't agree with you OP. I am enjoying the game with the issues as is. I can understand why there would be high expectations, but it is also true that if you really feel like you would rather have Giants wait to release a less "buggy" game you always have the option of playing fs17 and keeping what you might consider your pre release version in the box. Never bought a pre release game that wasn't released with some significant and even legit gripes (Skyrim anyone?). I will be happy to continue beta testing for you. Back to farming.
Hey its good to hear your thoughts, maybe you have missed read on what i meant, in the beginning i mention about playing few games in my life around 25 to 28 yrs, but in the 2000's there was a Game Called "Call of Duty" at start that was a basket case, but also during the years they progress to become even better on removing those pesky large bugs so it can be playable and more of Call of Duty was release the major bugs wasn't so bad, and yes people will complain on about everything about a game because it doesn't work for them. Beta Testing is the number one key to any game. I never saw Giants offering Beta Testing to the public, maybe they fear on people streaming it, what Giant software need is a No-Compete Clause Agreement for beta testers to sign so they will not advertise the game.

I have issues by following other people's hype on a game, that is why i purchase pre-release games. I even buy alpha games on steam like those early access games. So Cheers.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rikor420 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 am 40-50% broken game on release,
Slightly exaggerated I think? Considering the number of people happily playing the game, you tubers doing let’s plays etc

I have just over 100 hours in one save of felsbrunn map and have yet to see a ‘game breaking’ bug.

Yes I have seen a few very minor faults, like issues with the odd flying pallet, missions occasionally disappearing and a power washer that cost me £120k to buy. But these do not make the game unplayable and I definitely wouldn’t say from all the slight issues that people have posted about would even come close to 40-50% broken.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm
Slightly exaggerated I think? Considering the number of people happily playing the game, you tubers doing let’s plays etc

I have just over 100 hours in one save of felsbrunn map and have yet to see a ‘game breaking’ bug.

Yes I have seen a few very minor faults, like issues with the odd flying pallet, missions occasionally disappearing and a power washer that cost me £120k to buy. But these do not make the game unplayable and I definitely wouldn’t say from all the slight issues that people have posted about would even come close to 40-50% broken.
What you nick picked my post? hahaha its alright 40 to 50% (it was a wild guess), I did that post with my eyes closed, so anyways, you might not have many issues, but those that go into the game basically try to break it, myself i have see tractors running off the road and not following the slope of the terrain, also equipment is in the air about a foot off the road. Also the AI basically while plowing, cultivating will leave undo patches in the field, then you will have manually run over them with your Tractor to complete it.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

You have to keep in mind that Giants totally reworked and redesigned the game engine for FS19. It's not starting a new game from scratch, but close enough. There's still work to be done as far as bugs go,
jeremyj621 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:24 am but I find this version of the game to be much more fun and realistic than the previous generations of the game.
Yes I agree with the bug issues i still enjoy FS19.
Don6643

Post by Don6643 »

On Xbox When u place buildings then delete there is no way to reform terrain would be nice to have a levelling mod
DreamsOfAnarchy

Post by DreamsOfAnarchy »

After buying and putting many hours into FS13, FS15, FS17. I'm holding off on FS19 after playing it at a friends not because of bugs that will be fixed but because Giants doesn't seem to care for it's customers. How does this game still not come with GPS build in. I find this game unplayable after about 30 minutes without GPS. I also find the lack of actual LAN play incredibly frustrating. I do a lot of camping and sometime when the weather is bad we pull out the laptops and game. Without internet guess what lan game can't be played, not to mention that that there is no need for my local lan game to have to go through Giants servers. I'll be holding off buying FS19 and see what the other new farming sim coming out is like instead. It appears to at least have GPS by default.
xterminator24

Post by xterminator24 »

rikor420 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:37 am Beta Testing is the number one key to any game. I never saw Giants offering Beta Testing to the public, maybe they fear on people streaming it, what Giant software need is a No-Compete Clause Agreement for beta testers to sign so they will not advertise the game.
I see this a little bit differently. For arguments sake, Giants could have had the best beta team in the world submitting some of the best quality bug reports you've ever seen. If a decision by those outside of the core development team (AKA publisher) selects a release date that is unrealistic that doesn't give the developers time to address those beta bug reports, then you can still get a lot of head scratching on a release. The obvious bugs I've seen scream "lack of time" more than "lack of testing". Remember Giants talking about a "Day 1 patch" during the live streams? That's a pretty clear indication they were still working through their own internal bug reports as the game was getting ready to launch.

I'm still finding enjoyment from FS 19 in its current state even if I'm left shaking my head at times. I will in the future re-think my pre-ordering ways though.
fmedges

Post by fmedges »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Try bailing some grass with the square bailer if you want to see a game breaking bug.