Slow progression in Ravenport

PureDriving

Slow progression in Ravenport

Post by PureDriving »

I have some serious work put in and I feel it was fs17 I would be a lot richer than I am now. The prices for crops are terrible. I grow canola and it takes sooooo long for someone to offer a half decent price. I checked the prices on the other map, and they are a lot better. Why is this?
gilroy222

Re: Slow progression in Ravenport

Post by gilroy222 »

I feel the same way. But I think it is more of a problem of field sizes on the maps. They are too extreme... with ravenport you have monsterous fields and a few small ones so it takes forever to save up to buy a large field, and then forever to afford equipment big enough to farm them. I think Ravenport should have had the fields cut up a bit smaller and done more like gold crest valley. That map was perfect to start out on but also work your way up to the biggest equipment.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Agreed. If they had cut some of the bigger fields into two or three pieces and then made it possible to join them later if you liked it might have worked out better. Some of the mod maps that I played on FS17 were like that and I enjoyed them immensely for that very reason. The sense of progression was more tangible.
Playing on PC
Miktrent07

Post by Miktrent07 »

I purchased fields 14,15,16 one at a time and merged them. They were relatively cheap because you don’t have to pay for a bunch of surrounding land that can’t be farmed. I plant beans over and over and I’m making $80,000 - $100,000 each harvest. I’ve been able to buy a lot of equipment that way.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Miktrent07 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:27 pm I purchased fields 14,15,16 one at a time and merged them. They were relatively cheap because you don’t have to pay for a bunch of surrounding land that can’t be farmed. I plant beans over and over and I’m making $80,000 - $100,000 each harvest. I’ve been able to buy a lot of equipment that way.
I did sort of the same, but I bought 17 as well and made it all grass. That’s about $250,000 a night at the bga turning it into silage(farm manager).
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Its quite different from FS17. The big difference is you need to drop alot of money into sprayer and lime machine. You can kinda get around it by leasing the lime spreader. Used to be able to get the cheap fertilizer rig to start thats all you needed. Also you really need to pay attention to land prices and how much arable land is on them. Some land is awfully expensive for for what it offers. At the moment I'd avoid anything placeable and just farm without a built up area. When you start putting things done its all sunk costs. Its extremely hard to get anything back currently and at the start you cant afford to wait to many days on return on investment. So it boils done to specialization on the two bean crops because they're cheaper to get into. Live out of the combine. Go into debt up to your knees. Work on contracting to afford to farm. Which is about as realistic as it could get.
Miktrent07

Post by Miktrent07 »

I turned off weeds and lime starting out because, like you said, too much $$.. Now that I’m established with some good equipment I turned those things back on and bought the sprayer for weeds and the smaller, towable spreader for lime.