We Need Updates

Ritchie

Re: We Need Updates

Post by Ritchie »

They seem to keep their Twitter feed fairly up to date too so worth keeping an eye on. There's so many different outlets (too many if you ask me) for info these days it is hard to keep track of the latest on certain things.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Nah twitter feed is pretty p#%€ poor, I do follow that
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I suspect they are quite busy at the moment, so whilst I can appreciate people wanting to be kept up-to-date I'm sure they will tell us when they actually have something to report. Patience people.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Just my 3 cents here. Honestly I think giants has ruined any xmas bonus! Just about anywhere you look the game has poor ratings. It is playable, but very frustrating at times. As far as testing the game, the streamers (paid testing) showed us all that the game had issues. The streamer tried very hard to not show and comment on the bugs.

But the game is released and the next stages are happening now. As I have said before, giants needs to get the bug fixes out pretty darn fast as many have said they will leave FS17 until its fixed. This will result in less games bought. Having to use DISCORD to get information is pure BS. Giants has a official forum plus steam forums to post and take any information.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Further to my previous post, if Giants have stopped using paid for beta testers as mentioned earlier, use the playerbase then. I am sure that there are plenty of people willing to beta test the game if they know that they are being asked to help out. But do it properly, make it official with a proper NDA and point them at what to test. Don't just release it unfinished and bugged, and then go quiet.

Speaking for myself I would love to get involved in helping shape/test the game. I only got FS17 in march this year during the sale and have over 1100 hours already that's how seriously I have got into the game. The only game I have more time in is Space Engineers with 1500+ hours and Gaints appear to have gone the same way as Keen did with Space Engineers, a major update comes out and there are problems, so they then go into 'turtle mode'.

It is claimed that this is a new game, but if that is true why is the traffic no different (if not worse) than FS17? Why are the workers still often useless? Why were the placeables so limited on release?

I assume that all staff at Giants are not all programmers, so where are your Community Engagement/Relations people? Come on start engaging with your customers on your official forums, Discord in the morning is not a useful alternative for most of your customers.

Finally, please please please fix this game, I'm enjoying it but it's so frustrating at the moment.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Again read the news section
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Don't worry, the full game will be ready for release some time in the future.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Knagar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm "Instead you handed out early copies to unknown YouTubers and streamers who played it for 5 minutes, did a review, and haven't touched it since."

The Youtubers did not review the game, they weren't allowed to until after release. The ones I watch are still churning out content.

Knagar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm "the games been out for coming up on a month now"
It's been out 15 days ....
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

My current beef is the fact that they've said in 1.1.3 that they have fixed issues with logitech force-feedback wheels, yet if I open my profiler and then launch the game, the force-feedback of my wheel doesn't respond. As in, the wheel remains stiff. Works, but is completely stiff. My current solution, and the solution I've been using almost the whole time is to open American Truck Simulator. When I run ATS, my wheel works perfectly fine as intended in FS19. I need to do this at least once to register my wheel when I turn my computer on if I want to play FS19. Once it's working, it's working no matter what I do... I can exit the game, restart the game, alt-tab, it's all good. But ATS is a requirement for me to get my wheel working properly in 19. This shouldn't be a thing IMHO. My wheel is a G27.

My other beef, although minor, is the accelerator and brake operation in-game. If I accelerate forward and take my foot of the gas, it slows down fairly quickly to a stop. However, if I accelerate, and just barely press the brake as to illuminate the brake lights, vehicles coast much further and take longer to stop. Does this in reverse as well. Sure if I press harder to brake, it brakes faster... but a gentle braking touch actually keeps the vehicle moving much longer than not braking at all. ???? A very odd behavior. I've even tried separating the axis and playing around with dead zones and sensitivity... still does the same thing. I can live with this, just thought Giants should be aware of how the braking is responding.