Custom Modding

iLLBill606

Re: Custom Modding

Post by iLLBill606 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am A few weeks ago I was actually wondering how long it would take for these complaints to come up after the game was released. Personally I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't on day one. :D
HAHA agreed, this went from a productive talk to people whining once again! Geez
Wish i could have closed convos with other people with knowledge and be able to talk and stat opinions, not whine constantly
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 am Europe or American John Deere or case...same freaking company.
Just as a point of (legal) clarity, that is untrue.

For reasons of jurisdiction, it is actually surprisingly difficult to have, fully legal, enforceable contracts between to companies if they exist in different countries (legal jurisdictions). Essentially, it boils down to this: If one party believes the other is in breach, where do you take them to court and which set of laws, rules, regulations, and procedures do you follow? Even better, if the contract was written and ratified in your country, but the other party (legally) only exists in another country, there is little to nothing you can do to actually enforce anything (much less “punish” anyone), should the other party decide they want violate the agreement.

Also, for related reasons, it may be required (or at least good business/accounting) practice to incorporate a subsidiary company in each and every tax jurisdiction you do business in. This can avoid any number of tax pitfalls for imports, exports, etc, and can be a handy accounting tool for controlling where you (tax law-wise) earn money.

That, in a nutshell, is why John Deere GmbH & Co. KG of Bruchsal, Germany exists as a subsidiary owned by Deere & Company in Moline, Illinois, U.S.A. The same goes for John Deere Ltd. of Notinghamshire, UK and many, many other subsidiaries around the world. :smileynew:
PREACH!!!! People seem to think Giants can do whatever they want. Someone tried to argue, if its European then, why is Wilson in the game! LMAO, we were talking about an agreement with the EU branch of JD, not a License agreement with Wilson. Almost as dumb as people wanting everything like Pete, Freight, Kenworth, Chevy, etc that is legally not possible atm
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Unfortunately, it is my impression that people would rather believe that Giants has "screwed" them over, than try to appreciate the nuances of IP Licensing. Heck, it could just as easily be that JD USA wanted 1000% more to license US versions of the equipment because a cursory review readily suggests that US players are the majority demanding the brand - simple marketing at that point. Maybe the European versions were the only ones Giants was able to successfully license for a reasonable cost?

Can you imagine an announcement along the lines of "FS19 WILL FEATURE JD!!!!!! p.s. MSRP for basic edition is $150"? I know, likely an over-exaggeration, but there is a portion of the community who have indicated they could care less about the inclusion of JD ("a tractor is a tractor, no? Couldn't care less about the colour it is, let alone the shade thereof"), and would be up in arms at having to pay more to appease a portion of the community for what are effectively additional graphical objects (no new functionality introduced). I know I would be!

Finally, FS is not predominantly focused on the North American market, let alone the USA specifically. Maybe some of the more vocal advocates for "American" versions should stand-up an American-based software development/graphical arts branch, investing their own time/effort into licensing and developing these visual models, and then convince Giants to partner with them in order to include them in-game? I think it would serve as a very enlightening experience for those who seem to think it is as "cheap/easy" as they propose.
It's not as easy/cheap as many think!
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

I paid over a $100 for FS19, an no matter what, it was and is worth it! If they needed to charge more for enhanced copies to have more licenses. ill gladly do it!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

iLLBill606 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:20 pm
parad0x177 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 am Europe or American John Deere or case...same freaking company.
Just as a point of (legal) clarity, that is untrue.

For reasons of jurisdiction, it is actually surprisingly difficult to have, fully legal, enforceable contracts between to companies if they exist in different countries (legal jurisdictions). Essentially, it boils down to this: If one party believes the other is in breach, where do you take them to court and which set of laws, rules, regulations, and procedures do you follow? Even better, if the contract was written and ratified in your country, but the other party (legally) only exists in another country, there is little to nothing you can do to actually enforce anything (much less “punish” anyone), should the other party decide they want violate the agreement.

Also, for related reasons, it may be required (or at least good business/accounting) practice to incorporate a subsidiary company in each and every tax jurisdiction you do business in. This can avoid any number of tax pitfalls for imports, exports, etc, and can be a handy accounting tool for controlling where you (tax law-wise) earn money.

That, in a nutshell, is why John Deere GmbH & Co. KG of Bruchsal, Germany exists as a subsidiary owned by Deere & Company in Moline, Illinois, U.S.A. The same goes for John Deere Ltd. of Notinghamshire, UK and many, many other subsidiaries around the world. :smileynew:
PREACH!!!! People seem to think Giants can do whatever they want. Someone tried to argue, if its European then, why is Wilson in the game! LMAO, we were talking about an agreement with the EU branch of JD, not a License agreement with Wilson. Almost as dumb as people wanting everything like Pete, Freight, Kenworth, Chevy, etc that is legally not possible atm
I was actually just supporting what you requested at the start of this thread...not once did i say giants can do whatever they want, I did not argue that other American stuff is in the game like Wilson...so if if this was towards me, then your sadly wrong. If Giants won't/can't do it then fine. I'm still allowed to say it's dumb since other than tires...it's lights and rim design that's about it
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Foxweik

Post by Foxweik »

From what I've read, it sounds like (and based on file size) that CM just edited the In-game models. I've heard this violates the Modhub ToS.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Foxweik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm From what I've read, it sounds like (and based on file size) that CM just edited the In-game models. I've heard this violates the Modhub ToS.
Bingo, was wondering how long before someone figured it out.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I was initially interested in his mods but they are very lackluster. He limited the tire choices to wide and row crop and his modded Goodyear tires look like stuff. Plus he has hit logo slapped on it.
Last edited by Rbk_3 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I was never interested.. not even gonna lie here.. not losing any sleep over it.. honestly.. IF I cared about John Deere even a lil bit I would be happy to admit that Giants did a good job on the in game models and a few cosmetic differences wouldn't make them not good enough for my farm
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

throsbi wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 pm
Foxweik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm From what I've read, it sounds like (and based on file size) that CM just edited the In-game models. I've heard this violates the Modhub ToS.
Wrong. Look at the Strautman trailer pack already in 19s modhub. Its the same thing as the ingame one with different hitch. Even in 17 they had quite a few in game models edited as mods.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Wrong. Look at the Strautman trailer pack already in 19s modhub. Its the same thing as the ingame one with different hitch. Even in 17 they had quite a few in game models edited as mods.
Please go read the guidelines/rules giants released on submitting mods. Also for anyone else interested after reading you should go a make mod and submit it so you can learn first hand how the process works. Its not as easy some think it is.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

throsbi wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am

Please go read the guidelines/rules giants released on submitting mods. Also for anyone else interested after reading you should go a make mod and submit it so you can learn first hand how the process works. Its not as easy some think it is.
I dont have to go read anything. The proof is in the pudding. Look at FS17 mods on the modhub. There are a dozen or so mods there that are in game models. Guess what? They passed GIANTS testing or they wouldnt be on consoles.

And as far as making mods,this isn't even about that. I know zero about making mods. Im sure its not an easy process. I thank there are people who can and do mod and make the game.better.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm
throsbi wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am

I dont have to go read anything. The proof is in the pudding. Look at FS17 mods on the modhub. There are a dozen or so mods there that are in game models. Guess what? They passed GIANTS testing or they wouldnt be on consoles.

And as far as making mods,this isn't even about that. I know zero about making mods. Im sure its not an easy process. I thank there are people who can and do mod and make the game.better.
The ROPA on FS17 is a great example of what Tacofarmer is talking about
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

The Ropa on 17 was released before the DLC. It’s an original work.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Where is that wall to beat my head on. I know what I know and even what I dont know so you cant tell me what I dont know because i know it all. Amiright?

My advice still stands. Let us all know when you have something so we can give you the proper star ratings. Might surprise you to know that the star rating has meaning. Should look into it.