Patch 1.2.0.0 time to start over :)

reallogger

Re: Patch 1.2.0.0 time to start over :)

Post by reallogger »

Juls wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 am Agreed it should be a mode you enter that has “undo” when you confirm changes then the money is taken. If you employ a contractor to move dirt you don’t walk around behind him throwing $100 bills at him. You wait till the end then pay, regardless of what work is done/undone or otherwise.
I see for game purposes it would be nice to only pay for the end result of your changes. Mainly as you probably want to do some trial and error before being happy with the changes. But plenty of work done IRL with digging holes and refilling them that costs lots of money ;)
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

reallogger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am
Juls wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 am Agreed it should be a mode you enter that has “undo” when you confirm changes then the money is taken. If you employ a contractor to move dirt you don’t walk around behind him throwing $100 bills at him. You wait till the end then pay, regardless of what work is done/undone or otherwise.
I see for game purposes it would be nice to only pay for the end result of your changes. Mainly as you probably want to do some trial and error before being happy with the changes. But plenty of work done IRL with digging holes and refilling them that costs lots of money ;)
Pay upfront the exterior designer/civil engineer then :P
hun3

Post by hun3 »

iLLBill606 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 pm I agree, among many other things! However, some might criticize what i am gonna say here! But, I like that a lot of this stuff doesn't come right away. Yes, it might hurt for debut sales and/or immediate game play, but since its a 2 year game unlike sports games, the things that come out shortly after release or even sometime after help the longevity and quality of the game with it being either from giants or modders!
I see you point my only problem with this is that in this game I invest a lot of time to make progress and to having keep starting over is a bit frustrating.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I don't see any reason why you may have to start again due to patch 2. It all looks save game friendly to me.
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

You just need to be timely about saving games. I made a farm on the US map, placed building, etc. When i did something tricky, i saved before hand, then if it worked, i saved after, or i started new from the save point and tried again. It was usually for leveling when placing sandcastles for roads. the patch 2 will improve that even more, thus not leveling issue, because you can do it without restrictions. Then, when seasons comes, you might not have to start over on a saved game either. Other mods just appear, its just a matter of selling and buying!
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

I started a new play today on Felsbrunn, hard mode using the 1.2.0.0 beta patch at 1x speed. 7 hours in and it seems there are a lot of subtle changes besides the terraforming. The economy has had some balancing for a start. The terraforming works OK, but isn't super capable. Great for textures and smoothing out stuff like the lump on the eastern side of the plot 20 concrete as you join the road.

I even got a transport mission with 6 pallets for just over £3k. Fertilizer Big Bags are 20% more expensive too. Hasn't stopped me from starting out as a Fertilizer Contractor though. I still ploughed in the Beet in field 20 and put it to grass, mowed all the grass I could from the two plots I bought and got some silage on the go. Bought the area next to the water tower north of field 26/25 and logged the whole lot. Got 60 saplings in there already. So I'll be doing Silage, Fertilizer Contracts and logging when the time comes for the next few weeks .....
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Emmiran

Post by Emmiran »

When 1.2 goes live, will the economy changes effect previous games, or only new starts?
Stay at home Dad, turned terrible streamer :)

https://www.twitch.tv/emmiran
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

This is like 17 for me, only I was doing these modifications in GE
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Zenc

Post by Zenc »

patch 1.2 messed up worker AI, they can't do fertilizing and harvesting properly now.
Xerbarus

Post by Xerbarus »

I played around a little with the landscaping feature and I love it so far, it really adds some depth towards the generall game.

However, it would be nice if one texture layer would be added in which we would be able to add grass to the top layer. As of now i didnt see the ability to add grass to hilly sides I sculpted with the tool as the plough will create a field (AI helper issues) it would be nice to have this seperate.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Farmer man wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:58 am Wow yhis why im not on forums giants shows you all something new and you all are crying about it already. Atleast wait til after it come out snd see how it works. My 4 year old neice dont cry as much as some people on here
Amen
Ignorance is bliss
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I hope 1 of the fixes is for the sheep wool spawn everytime you leave and get back on the game it starts a new pallet. allways have 4 pallets with 1 bale each in them..
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

MrSealyP has that issue as well.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I didnt realize we can already play the beta. Gonna check right now.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Love the new features, but since I've installed the patch all the selling points on "Sample mod map 2" no longer show on the silos tab. Has anyone else the same problem with a mod map?