Slow the train down and speed traffic up

Heritagefarms

Slow the train down and speed traffic up

Post by Heritagefarms »

So I'm curious...is there an XML file or something I can change to speed up the traffic and slow the train down a little? Seems the traffic is super slow and the train just blows through.
iwan073

Re: Slow the train down and speed traffic up

Post by iwan073 »

Yeah traffic only does 30 km/h.
Think 50 would be more realistic
Ignorance is bliss
tuttle

Post by tuttle »

Hear hear. This is pretty ridiculous as is.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I always turn the vehicles off. I get tired of them snail pacing themselves around the map constantly being in the way.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Completely agree feels rediculous passing cars with a tractor or harvester.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Unfortunately, based on the locale of the developers, this is how it is over there. Trains are always extremely fast and cars never drive faster than a bicycle. Thus the developers have only this as a reference when making the traffic rules for the game.

It might be that the videos and such of how traffic runs in other countries might seem too fictional to them. But, yeah, what they need to do is leave the European map the way it is. That is actually correct and does NOT need to be touched, as that IS realistic for European regions. But the American map needs to have much faster cars and much slower trains.

Fortunately, we have a lot of mod maps out there that put traffic and such at speeds more realistic to the regions they represent.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
anthu

Post by anthu »

If you can make changes with the GE you can make the traffic faster.
Add a user atttibute to each traffic spline
name: maxSpeedScale
type: float
Value: 1.7
Then the traffic drive faster. Ca 50km/h.
Lg
Andreas
Heritagefarms

Post by Heritagefarms »

anthu wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm If you can make changes with the GE you can make the traffic faster.
Add a user atttibute to each traffic spline
name: maxSpeedScale
type: float
Value: 1.7
Then the traffic drive faster. Ca 50km/h.
Lg
Andreas
I'll give that a shot! Thanks.
As for the train, I found it in the vehicles and edited the xml to make the train run about 25 mph. I guess I had missed it when looking before.
Thanks for the responses!
Eep

Post by Eep »

Easier way to increase traffic speed: in \data\maps\mapUS_trafficSystem.xml / mapDE_trafficSystem.xml:

Code: Select all

<vehicle topSpeed="0.0085" accel="0.0000035" probability="0.25" probabilityParked="0.3">
Increase "topSpeed" for each vehicle. I set it to 0.1 and the vehicles whiz by and don't even stop if I'm in the way (pass right through me on foot but send me flying if in a vehicle)! 0.015 for cars and 0.125 for trucks seems good to me.
Vinolik123

Post by Vinolik123 »

Faelandaea wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:57 pm Unfortunately, based on the locale of the developers, this is how it is over there. Trains are always extremely fast and cars never drive faster than a bicycle. Thus the developers have only this as a reference when making the traffic rules for the game.

It might be that the videos and such of how traffic runs in other countries might seem too fictional to them. But, yeah, what they need to do is leave the European map the way it is. That is actually correct and does NOT need to be touched, as that IS realistic for European regions. But the American map needs to have much faster cars and much slower trains.

Fortunately, we have a lot of mod maps out there that put traffic and such at speeds more realistic to the regions they represent.
You ever been to europe? In what country do cars only go 30km/hm in the countryside? Not a single one is the answer, and freight trains won't go above 50 in tight bends like the ones in the game. The game is unrealistic no matter what real world country you look at. Giants' office location is irrelevant
anthu

Post by anthu »

Cars drive 50km/h in town, and 100km/h freeland. 130km/h highway.
I set it on scale 1.7. This is 50km/h because the most tractors reach this speed also.

A problem is that the brakes are bad in cars with this speed.
I opened the i3d of all the traffic cars and set the z scale from them trafficcollisiontrigger at 2.5
So it is longer and the cars brake a little bit earlyer.
Lg
Andreas
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Eep wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:39 pm... 0.015 for cars and 0.125 for trucks seems good to me.
I'm playing Ravenport and I've only seen the same old cars. No trucks or other vehicles.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Eep

Post by Eep »

anthu wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 pmI opened the i3d of all the traffic cars and set the z scale from them trafficcollisiontrigger at 2.5
How did you set z scale? I tried adding scale ="0 0 2.5" to the trafficCollisionTrigger shape but I can't see it (even with visibility on in the editor). ... OK, I had to do "1 1 2.5" heh nevermind
BigTex114 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:17 pm
Eep wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:39 pm... 0.015 for cars and 0.125 for trucks seems good to me.
I'm playing Ravenport and I've only seen the same old cars. No trucks or other vehicles.
For some reason, all vehicles and trucks are only in mapDE but only vehicles 2,3,6 in mapUS. Backup mapUS_trafficsystem.xml and copy mapDE_trafficsystem.xml to mapUS_trafficsystem.xml to get all vehicles and trucks (except rancho which is commented out for some reason).
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Anyone knows what's the property that makes traffic and train "invincible"?
I've tried changing their rigid body from kinematic to dynamic, but they became pass through.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

in 17 West Texas took it to the other extreme, traffic on the highway went highway speed, 60+mph or whatever it was, but it wouldn't yield to you. Hauling home my new airseeder and had a car go underneath the entire rig blowing it off the road and flipping it upside down in the ditch.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.