Slow the train down and speed traffic up

Mancsguy

Re: Slow the train down and speed traffic up

Post by Mancsguy »

At the end of the day i think its more to stop the AI traffic crashing into you because its faster and you are in the way of its coded route, whereas the train has the rails all to itself .

What annoys me about the AI traffic is it will come right up to you and stop you moving if it gets half a chance while you are working the edge of a field , yet it stops miles away from a helper .
I think also if you turn off the traffic it leaves a marker as there are certain points that no matter what i do the helpers wont go anywhere near that part of the road and will stop and say they have finished , or turn round and only do part of the field
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

Can someone actually help me figure out how to slow the AI controlled train down? Setting the cruise does not work. It's nice to have the things cruising around for a little life to the map, but because we are "farming in a fishbowl" the things blasting around at 49mph, they lap the map way too often and it ruins the realism factor. I've added the max speed attribute to the train spline in GE, but that doesn't seem to affect the AI controlled train either. Please help... I miss 17's locodrive_mod.....
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

If you speed the AI traffic up (maxSpeedScale attribute in spline) the traffic will crash into you if you don’t also modify the corresponding collision trigger. Traffic will also look silly around any sharp bends if you speed them up. They will literally corner like they are on rails.
anthu

Post by anthu »

i have the maxSpeedScale attribute at 1.70
so the cars are driving approximately 50km/h
it is a good speed, also for the curves here in Felsbrunn
the most tractors also reaching 53km/h, some more, some fewer, but it is a good Compromise for me.

and yes, i set the collision trigger in all ki-cars, to find in:
Landwirtschafts Simulator 2019\data\vehicles\cars\...
to
... name="trafficCollisionTrigger" ... scale="1 1 2" ...
also the double lenght, so the beginn earlier to brake and stand still in the right moment

BBCode Thumbnail: Image
be careful,
in some ki-cars you must also change then the Translate-Z value, because some of the traffic collisions-triggers have a funny zero-point

lg
andreas
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

FYI to those looking to do this. It will mess up your multiplayers due to modifying your base game files.
anthu

Post by anthu »

Oh jeah, forgott - i am singleplayer.
But when it is a modmap, you can copy the traffic xml in the modmap, and the cars folder.
Change in the mod xml the path to the new traffic xml and in the new traffic xml the car pathes.
So you are free to change all what you want.
Only all your MP must have this new map version.

Lg
Andreas