Way To Remove Decorative Items

BloodEagle

Re: Way To Remove Decorative Items

Post by BloodEagle »

I am using the Steam Beta version 1.2.0 and can confirm that the American junk yard cannot be deleted or removed in any way.

There are certain items, roads, etc even on land you own that states in red lettering "This item cannot be deleted"
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

All I want for Christmas is a bulldozer :lol: to crush the city and make more farm.

As far as the junk, there is a junkyard in the map give it a sell point and let me haul the junk to it :)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

That junk is a nice decroative touch, makes the land look used. But it is so annoying if you own the land and want to get rid of it.

The ability to remove bushes and edit the terrain is still a huge step forward though, and so so nice to have.
PC gamer.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

One way to remove unwanted in-game items is to bury them with the landscaping tool. It doesn't technically remove them but does permanently make them visually disappear.

On Ravenport, I raised the terrain high enough to to cover the entire BGA facility (it's not American, doesn't belong in American map) and smoothed out the land to surrounding fields. Then got the trusty tractor and plow with create field activated and made a new field right over the top of the BGA.

Here's a quick demo of the Ravenport start area:

Before

After Landscaping with 1.2beta and plow

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

GenX,

That is a nice way to get rid of the junk pile, just bury it
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Burying junk (and rocks) is just like a real Midwest farm. Patiently waiting for a modder to tie into the landscaping tools and create CAT dozers and excavators. *thumbsup*
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:08 am Idk y everyone is always hating on that house.. I think its a very lovely vintage crack den
only the best crack dens in fs 19 lol
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Preble 818 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm Crack housed are so outdated. Heroin huts are in.
hey we could be living in the meth lab trailer house on fs 19
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Farmer man wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 am
Preble 818 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm Crack housed are so outdated. Heroin huts are in.
Well that's true.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Farmer man wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 am
There is a mod for it... 25k and it's all yours, just ignore the giant hole in the roof...
PC gamer.
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Moses195 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:37 am I hated being down in that hole! I got the heck out as soon as I could.
Arrancar88 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 pm Just forget about them. Starting location is awful, move away asap.

Where did ya'll go?
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

D3nnisd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 am
Moses195 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:37 am I hated being down in that hole! I got the heck out as soon as I could.
Arrancar88 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 pm Just forget about them. Starting location is awful, move away asap.

Where did ya'll go?
BGA and surrounding fields, since it's literally middle of the map. I use 14,15,16 for Grass/Hay/Silage. I got Sugarcane on 17 since it's right next to train silo. And I use field 6 as my main farming field. Currently looking to buy 12, but it's over 800k.
I left starting fields to "rot" and I also own fields 20 and 21, still deciding what to do with them(probably gonna combine them together).
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

GenXFarmer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:02 pm Burying junk (and rocks) is just like a real Midwest farm. Patiently waiting for a modder to tie into the landscaping tools and create CAT dozers and excavators. *thumbsup*
Remember the rock spawn mod from the past? Wish that made it to fs19. Plus a dozer........

As far as the BGA being un american, you are wrong on so many levels. In fact I know of a couple hog farmers in Nebraska that produce biogas form the hog waste and run generators tied into the grid. One was design/built with University of Nebraska as a pilot program/test facility.

If it was not for all the political red tape I know several more hog and dairy farmers that want to do the same thing.

Still think a sell point at junkyard and ability to haul the junk to it would be a nice addition.

As for building the map over the top I noticed they did that in the video as well on something built into map. Was curious how far people would take it.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Ravensport is so dirty and trashy, bottom of the map looks like giants version of white trailer trash.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

there's a thing called Giants editor, just sayin'