Well holy frustrations batman.....

mackintosh

Re: Well holy frustrations batman.....

Post by mackintosh »

Welp, I got fed up and nuked it by editing xml files. Granted, that's not something people who play the game on console can use, but it's a solution I can live with on PC.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Knottypine, audible laughter was produced viewing your pallet unloading pictures... man I've been there!
Eep

Post by Eep »

In \data\maps\mapUS_trafficSystem.xml / mapDE_trafficSystem.xml:

Code: Select all

<vehicle topSpeed="0.0085" accel="0.0000035" probability="0.25" probabilityParked="0.3">
Increase "topSpeed" for each vehicle. I set it to 0.1 and the vehicles whiz by and don't even stop if I'm in the way (pass right through me on foot but send me flying if in a vehicle)! 0.015 for cars and 0.125 for trucks seems good to me. Problem is the cars will push into each other if they stop too suddenly (like at a railroad crossing). Need to increase vehicle stop distance and/or reduce stop time (probably per vehicle).
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

“I've got out at the railroad crossing and gone to remonstrate with the car behind about the horn. Then a cement mixer pulls up behind and does the same thing.”

Now thats funny right there!
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Fun Fact - you can repair your tractors/tools in the Garage menu!

You can access your garage through the Purchasing Window (look at the bottom for key/button binding). As you scroll through your garage, any objects requiring maintenance will have an option to repair them appear at the lower left.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

As far as I know the option in the garage will only show up after a certain level of maintenance is required.
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 am well irl you sure can't plant on Monday and harvest on tuesday :lol:
Sure ya can, if you had a machine to speed up time haha :lol:
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm As far as I know the option in the garage will only show up after a certain level of maintenance is required.
I did notice that when I was playing just yesterday - is this option available for contract lease equipment? Because I have suffered from this problem with potatoes and beets on very large fields - yeah 6 hours (real time) to harvest and transport, but part of that time was spent driving clear across the map, in a slow vehicle, to get to a maintenance shop. I'd be happy enough with a mobile workshop so I can do in field maintenance...
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I had the same problem with the potatoe harvester on field 9 (Felsbrunn). The harvester was 3/4 broken down by the end of the field job. I tried to fix the machine just to see if I could... but couldn't service the leased vehicle from the sub-menu/garage.

I didn't take it to the shop, or try the workshop placeable, so i'm a but curious as well if this would work.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I hate the AI traffic in FS. Impatient, yet... so slow, and to top it off. Solid objects that won't move. Hit one in FS19 and you go flying, no matter the size of your equipment and they just sit there like nothing ever happened. I remember back in the days of Farming Simulator 2013... While waiting for the crops to grow, I would take a tractor and block a part of the road that was near a bridge and then pick the cars up with a front loader and dump them into the river. The old days... I may have been more of a criminal in FS13 than I was a farmer. Can't promise that I wasn't wanted for attempted murder in that one. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Maybe you should try using the bale forks for pallets? IDK havent tried it yet as I learned in previous versions of FS to be very mindful of pallets. I also learned they do not reduce my payment if there is a wee bit of damage in transit. So when I reach my destination I raise my loader up and just tilt my forks down like I am going to empty a loader bucket and dump the pallet on the ground. Just try to make sure the pallet lands on the bottom as some points dont seem to like them being delivered upsidedown.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Maybe you should try using the bale forks for pallets? IDK havent tried it yet as I learned in previous versions of FS to be very mindful of pallets. I also learned they do not reduce my payment if there is a wee bit of damage in transit. So when I reach my destination I raise my loader up and just tilt my forks down like I am going to empty a loader bucket and dump the pallet on the ground. Just try to make sure the pallet lands on the bottom as some points dont seem to like them being delivered upsidedown.
Eep

Post by Eep »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 am I hate the AI traffic in FS. Impatient, yet... so slow, and to top it off. Solid objects that won't move. Hit one in FS19 and you go flying, no matter the size of your equipment and they just sit there like nothing ever happened. I remember back in the days of Farming Simulator 2013... While waiting for the crops to grow, I would take a tractor and block a part of the road that was near a bridge and then pick the cars up with a front loader and dump them into the river.
Yea, it seems the AI vehicles (at least data\vehicles\cars\vehicle01\vehicle_01.i3d) main, outside shape are set to collide with 1,5,6,13,21 (non-pushable, ?, tractors, dynamic objects/machines--which one would think would include tractors but OK, trigger-tractors) yet its traffic collision shape only collides with 13,20,25 (dynamic objects/machines, trigger-player, other traffic vehicles).

I don't know if setting the collision mask to work with more objects would make the vehicles bounce off other vehicles. ... After some searching, I found that because the traffic vehicles are kinetic vs. dynamic, they won't be bounced/pushed away. I don't know if dynamic objects can work on traffic routes/splines (whatever) but I will try. ... Dynamic traffic just makes them non-collidable. :/
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Hmm, interesting. I know one thing for sure... the traffic was far less aggravating when I could simply dump them over a bridge. Never thought I would miss a feature so much. Realized just how much I hated the AI traffic when they took away the ability to do that. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Mdavis1967

Post by Mdavis1967 »

mackintosh wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 pm You do realise some of us only have so many hours in the day and would rather do something else than spend an hour driving all their equipment around to get it maintained? They should at least have modified the system so that all the attachments could be overhauled at once, rather than piecemeal. Or just give me a bloody toggle to turn this nonsense off.
^THIS!!!!!!