Well holy frustrations batman.....

muzickmage

Well holy frustrations batman.....

Post by muzickmage »

I'll try to make this a short story.... !#!~$@#$@ pallets.
..... I had to deliver 6 pallets to the castle. What should have been an easy 10 minute contract ended up being an hour's job because the pallets just don't want to come back off those pallet forks. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

(an added note)
..... What's up with the vehicle maintanance??? Did a potatoe contract on field 9 (Felsbrunn). The Grimm potatoe harvester was 3/4 broken by the end of the field job. I know they say sometimes that they don't make things like they used to..... but OMG... if you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a farm vehicle you kinda expect it to be able to complete 1 field job before being 3/4 broke. I mean seriously, what a piece of junk to break down that quickly.
stevoxsi

Re: Well holy frustrations batman.....

Post by stevoxsi »

I'm with you on the maintenance thing. It's like you need a full engine rebuild before you get through the tank of fuel the vehicle comes with!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes. I found it odd that I've used 1/4 tank of diesel in the harvester and 3/4 of the maintenance bar is gone.
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

haha... yeah, pallets. I decided to take a contract to deliver some pallets. I decided to use the small pick-up, which I purchased. I also used a small mod trailer that I could load up some pallets and drive my forklift on to make life easy. I arrived and found there were six pallets. I loaded them on the trailer along with the forklift and set off.

All was well... or was it? Due to the design of the trailer and the limited fork movement of the forklift, things got very challenging at the destination. I mean, this should have been easy money. If the receiver was watching me, I don't think he would have accepted this delivery.

Eventually after much frustration, I finally managed to get the pallets arranged in the area to complete the contract. In the future, the forklift is gonna stay at the shop and I'll have to use a telehandler instead.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

IMO, it's the little things like this that makes it difficult to fully enjoy the game.

Little things like:
...... Slow traffic
...... Over-priced terraforming
...... Super depleting maintance bar

Seriously... whats the need to program the game so that the maintanance bar disappears that quickly? We have to pay thousands to fix these vehicles before it goes through 1 tank of gas (as was pointed out [read up]). These vehicles can't even complete 1 field job without being in great need of repairs. How does anyone at Giants think this is a logical, or even reasonable idea?

The pallet thing I can kinda understand. Its probably not easy to get the program to do what it does do... and even harder to have it do it perfectly. Though it does seem that the pallets are too light. Plus, there doesn't seem to be any friction. The pallets slide all over the place like the ground is one great big ice rink. That's why it's so difficult to get the pallets back off the pallet fork. Even the trailer beds have that super smooth slip and slide to them. With no friction for the pallets to grab on to the pallets won't slide back off the forks. (at least thats how it seems to me)
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

For your second point. I don't understand the maintenance times as well. I bought field number 4 on Ravenport to do Oats. There was some Cotton in the field. I decided to harvest it because I had nothing else to do. Not even halfway through the field (think it's 28 acres or something like that) and it needed maintenance after 1.1 hours. So I drove it to the shop maintained it and finished the job, just. Nearly had to maintain it again. Wondering what programmer did this. Because in real life a Cotton harvester would about 300 hours between servicing. Even my ride on mower (My username) has 50 hours between services.
G'day
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

About the pallets, they do require a little finesse. In fact, in this next screen, these pallets came off the folks quite easily. Granted I was more careful with my movements after that last fiasco.

I do agree, however, that over-priced leveling or terraforming takes away some. That is being addressed AFAIK. The maintenance bar can be annoying when it depletes faster than the fuel tank. Not sure if anything is in store for that. Maintenance costs are not high, in fact, much cheaper than the daily maintenance fee in 17. It's a trade-off. Slow traffic isn't overly bad, my beef about traffic is they don't follow rules of the road, act like I'm invisible most of the time, and honk to high heavens if they have to stop and wait for 2 seconds.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

haha... the traffic beeping......

I was stopped at a railway crossing waiting for the train to go by. Not a long wait. The trains travel fairly quickly. However, after the train went by I was still stopped because of the train-light barracades hadn't permitted traffic to continue yet. The car behind me was laying on the horn.

The annoying thing about the traffic is.... 99% of the farm vehicles can travel faster.

I'm not sure where Giant's staff lives, but I can't think of a single place where people will limit their speed to 20mph. These communities definately don't have any teenagers lol. They travel 20+ mph just in their driveways.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the traffic... what can one say about it.. the other things I don't mind at all.. I wish the pallets had better manners but that's just the way of farming sim.. I think its getting better tho.. u can at least see they r trying.. the pallets handle different.. the maintenance I actually like.. I hated that my mechanic was related to santa in fs17 and I never seen him.. but no I love how that system works for the most part.. but that traffic *sigh*.. on ATS when im going 50mph and have an accident (slam headlong into) with a small car while hauling a heavy load the cars have been known to flip entirely off the road.. irl when this happens its similar but way more dramatic and deadly.. however.. in farming simulator when I hit a car with my semi hauling 60k L of product I go FLYING off the road.. the car doesn't even notice I was there.. this to me remains the area most untouched since I started playing fs15.. the game is moving forward by leaps and bounds elsewhere.. but that traffic.. often I turn it off because omg.. but then I find my game lifeless and lonely.. it is my hope that with the progress we have seen in other areas that fs21 will shine a spotlight on the traffic
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Dolezal08

Post by Dolezal08 »

Maintenance rate is based on how dirty your equipment is.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

So if I turn off the dirt feature, .... what? The bar depletes slower?
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

@PrincessJessi84

I agree, the game has improved over the years. Remember the bales in FS15? Weren't they fun? lol. I loaded the new bail trailer in FS19 and was happy with the project. The pallets? Well, my relationship with the pallets is a work in progress... lol.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:09 am in real life a Cotton harvester would about 300 hours between servicing. Even my ride on mower (My username) has 50 hours between services.
irl you have 365 days in a year....FS19 you have 1 day in a year..
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

So if it takes me 3 hours to work 1 field (game time) you're saying I was out there on the field for a month and a half? And without the sun going down ingame even once? 45 days on the field and the machine didn't use a full tank of gas?

Excellent gas milage these vehicles have. Lousy engine, but they sure are great on gas lol.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

well irl you sure can't plant on Monday and harvest on tuesday :lol: