Well holy frustrations batman.....

muzickmage

Re: Well holy frustrations batman.....

Post by muzickmage »

Well of course not. But you can't run your engine for 45 days on 1/4 tank of gas either lol.

Have you harvested the potatoes on field 9 (felsbrunn)? Thats a 3 hour job.... just to harvest.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I agree I think it does need changed maybe at the end of the week you fix your equipment... but people are comparing it to real life and you can't real life has 365 days.. fs has 1 day..
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I like the feature and prefer it this way. I just think it depletes a bit too quickly. If it depleted more so at the same speed as the gas .... that would make it less annoying.

But, such is FS life lol. What can you do?
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 am
irl you have 365 days in a year....FS19 you have 1 day in a year..
True, true. I guess someone will have to make a "spend a whole 365 days in real time playing farming simulator so that the maintainece lines up properly" mod. Anyone willing to do that? :lol: lol
G'day
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

I'm already done with the maintenance thing. I'll install the first mod that disables that 'feature'

Kuhn Subsoiler takes 3 hours to go from 100% to 0%. Operating speed after the 2nd hour is 9 km/h.
Lemken seeder (12m) 100% to 0% in 2 hours time.
even the frontweight goes down fast.

I have dirt set to low.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I have to agree. This is nothing but an annoyance to me now. Another feature that hasn’t been thought through that will take the next iteration to properly flesh out. As soon as a mod kills it, I’ll be all over it. I’d rather manually edit my save and take a lump sum each day for maintenance than put up with this horse manure.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

I've got out at the railroad crossing and gone to remonstrate with the car behind about the horn. Then a cement mixer pulls up behind and does the same thing. lol. Pallets are easy if you don't adjust tilt while the forks are in the pallet. get them level, straight in, off down and straight out. The moment you tilt, they bind up.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Maintenance just needs some balance tweaks really. Its a nice system and I do like it, but I also agree some of the tools/machines do deplete a bit too fast. The Cotton Harvester is one that after doing Field 11 on Ravenport needs to be "topped off" before the next one, costing about a grand or more to do it.

However the AGCO Ideal can do several harvests before it needs any maintenance, so I get the feeling that Giants just has some of the other self propelled's durability points are too low. Again, just needs a balance pass. Besides it was either this system or the old one that dinged your wallet regardless if you used the equipment or not. At least now you don't bleed any money for having tons of random equipment sitting around not being used most of the time.

Pro Tip: After you are done with a harvest/seed/anything just drive by your workshop and repair everything, it really keeps things cheap. Repair them regardless if they have any Dur loss at all, keeps everything happy and its a good habit to get into anyways.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

You do realise some of us only have so many hours in the day and would rather do something else than spend an hour driving all their equipment around to get it maintained? They should at least have modified the system so that all the attachments could be overhauled at once, rather than piecemeal. Or just give me a bloody toggle to turn this nonsense off.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

There is no reason to do the transport contracts.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Leyna

Post by Leyna »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 am well irl you sure can't plant on Monday and harvest on tuesday :lol:
That is the most unreal thing to me. It needs to take longer. If you do contracting as well as running your farm there is plenty to be doing in between so let crops grow at a slower rate to seem more real.

AI traffic? Ignorant arrogant drivers the lot of them LOL.

As for the rubbish all over the Ravenport map... I haven't been able to settle to play that map yet. The house is atrocious and their intended farm spot is a a tip. We need to be allowed to clean that up and have a tidy house.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I have absolutely no issues with pallets in this game except for the fact that sometimes if you have bails stacked, they tend to slide off like they are on ice or something. But working with the forks themselves ... no problem.

But I do agree on the maintenance bit. It is a bit much, and I wish there was an option in the game to shut that "feature" off without shutting dirt off. But dirt controls maintenance. And if you have dirt on fast ... oh yeah ... LOTS of maintenance. Dirt on slow even has a lot of maintenance.

Giants ... please make dirt and maintenance separate settings, please.
ED209v2 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:56 am I'm already done with the maintenance thing. I'll install the first mod that disables that 'feature'
For now, just disable dirt entirely and it will be disabled, but yeah if Giants won;t make it a seperate option, I'll be grabbing the first mod I see, also, that separates it.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

I will try that. Although I like the dirt.

Also It might be a bug in the 1.2.0. beta patch IDK.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

ED209v2 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 pm Also It might be a bug in the 1.2.0. beta patch IDK.
It's been like this since game release, unfortunately :(
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

What a lazy thing to make the dirt and maintenance related...wow!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)