Animal Profits

Corstaad

Re: Animal Profits

Post by Corstaad »

I gave all sorts of numbers go test for yourself. I know people hate math but its important in something like a simulator game with a economy such as farming.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I run into this type of thing all the time here at work, people like to make statements about things as facts yet most of the time the statement is actually an opinion.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Its not a opinion they reduced milk sales per day from FS17 to FS19 with equal number cows. Its not a opinion I now have to buy the land and paddock for cows in FS19.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

From the new patch whats changed in regards to animals. A big improvement they could do with animals is simply remove the outside of the pen green boxes. Its almost doubling the footprint size of the pens and seems to be causing placement issues.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Figured out how to make money on cows. Give them straw and sell stuff at the biogas plant. Its probably one of the best semi passive income generators.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

still looking for your numbers on all this to understand what you are doing.

you mentioned 1 million to get a basic 49 cow operation going in the past. I started on Felsbrunn last night, farm manager, PS4.

bought field 20, small cattle pen, food mixer, water tank, small milk tank, fz30 loader, bale spikes, bucket, enough bales to fill the straw requirement, and TMR requirement for 49 cows and only spent just over $450K, the 450K number is taking into account 1/3 the cost of field 20, since the cattle pen is not into the arable field that land is still usable for something else. if you want to count the entire property then add about $121K

you could add to that number if you say a tractor needs to be added, but I'm assuming you're already going to have a tractor for the rest of your farm.

edit..sorry missed the loader, spike and bucket in my spreadsheet, add $7400 for those
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

That is your farm. So I'd assume a tractor is required. You'll need something to make feed. You wont be able to keep up buying food from the store mixing two batches of TMR a day. Add the baler, mower, rake, wrapper and tedder. Now your at a point where that interest payment cuts into the $4800 a day. So your little piece of field 20 looks awfully small you'll try for the field next to it and realize you just sunk that initial fund potential into $4800 a day and pay $3800 in interest. Welcome to FS19 Dairy Farming.
Minibeast163

Post by Minibeast163 »

so im on charwell with around 150 cows and im making around 50k a day feed isnt to expensive if you wanna you the buy anything silo and you dont have to spend any money on fertilizer due to having slurry and manure deff the best animal to go for in my eyes along with chickens because there cheep to buy and easy to take care of with 500 chickens only needing 15k liters of feed every 6 days
Faukjstdye

Post by Faukjstdye »

Pigs
I was running 200 pigs on Eureka Farms, no seasons. 100 black & white and 100 pink @ 200 they reproduce every 3 hrs. At 250 they reproduce around 2:15. Soon as I hit 300 (max for pen). I had 154 b/w pigs and 146 pink pigs. I sold 54/46 for 1k each = 100,000. Sometimes it took 3 days and sometimes took 4 days. Grew my own crops. I experimented and did not top off feed trough until corn got to 500 liters, it goes the fastest. I lost count of how many times i sold my 100. But best guess is over 1 million dollars. I don't remember exact liters for full but i think it was 3 or 400,00.