1.2. Oh the THings you can do.

SirLANsalot

1.2. Oh the THings you can do.

Post by SirLANsalot »

So here is something you can do using the new Terrain Editor in 1.2. I built this yard on what used to be Field 10 on Ravenport. I first leveled the land from the "peak" of the hill that makes up field 10. Then smoothed the edges so as to not have hard edges, then placed the buildings. 2 Large Cow Pastures were the starting point of the whole thing. I really think it all turned out real good, I did keep field 11 as its grass.

Steam Pics

In other news on 1.2

Oat prices were changed as well. They are now just under the price of Canola, so they got a big buff since it also still drops a mega straw swath. Could be now the most profitable crop if you use the straw.

Farm House price is now 180k.

Note: Whoever made that Shed mod, its great, its just missing lights. If there were lights inside the buildings, that would be perfect.
Preble 818

Re: 1.2. Oh the THings you can do.

Post by Preble 818 »

Man that's nice. Good job
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

If you are talking about the workshop shed, it does have lights. Just click the light switch on the wall by the small door in the side.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

PoggleBox wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:36 am If you are talking about the workshop shed, it does have lights. Just click the light switch on the wall by the small door in the side.
The one on the Modhub has no lights in it. The switches on the walls ect are for the doors, no lights sadly.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Very nice yard, I just hope the editor comes to console as promised.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I created a crater with a bit of a hill in it on my first quick attempt at using terraforming. Need to play with it a bit (a lot!) more to understand how exactly it works to be able to get the desired effect. Much like working with the bulldozer in Gold Rush.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Haha me too. I wish controls would be a bit different, like you just need to click to terraform and not hold left/right mouse button.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Very nice farm. Can you tell me if the mini map or menu map still displays the area as field 10? I was just wondering if they thought to update the map based on landscaping.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
PunkinFmr

Post by PunkinFmr »

Does this remove trees?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Is this the beta for pc?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

SirLANsalot wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:31 am The one on the Modhub has no lights in it. The switches on the walls ect are for the doors, no lights sadly.
The only one I can see on the Modhub is the composite machine sheds from Vertex design and they have working lights in them.

Lights off:

The switch:

Lights on:
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep I confirm that these shed has light. There's two switchs, one for the doors, one for the light.

I played a lot yesterday with the landscapping tools and more I work with, more I like it.

It just miss some texture / tree / water and a "ctrl-z" function...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm Yep I confirm that these shed has light. There's two switchs, one for the doors, one for the light.

I played a lot yesterday with the landscapping tools and more I work with, more I like it.

It just miss some texture / tree / water and a "ctrl-z" function...
the only annoying thing I have found with the tools, is that grass doesn't come back. Like the Grass texture should allow the "free" default grass to grow back, otherwise it looks just wrong and you can clearly see where you have been working, rather jarring. Only way I can see in getting the grass back is to use a Plow and plant grass....

An Undo function would be nice too.

Water I don't think will work, since its not a dynamic "water" system like in other games, its just an animation. Its "fake" water nothing more then a texture with no collision model.

As for Trees....you can already plant your own so no need to do it via the terrain editor.

Oh ok, so it does have lights, I dunno if I just missed them or I was too close to the door to still be hitting the door trigger and not the light one.

I do wish the Minimap did update with what was happening. Its the last thing that needs to be updated to being a dynamic map, even the normal "big" map doesn't update, but the field ones do (seeing if its planted ect). So those overlays work but the default picture of the map is not dynamic....one day....one day....
Last edited by SirLANsalot on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

niggle44 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am Very nice yard, I just hope the editor comes to console as promised.
I'm sure something will come to consoles but it will probably be revised so much we won't be able to do much if anything.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

Someone usually creates some tree (decoration) mods, I think the most annoying bit would be the lack of (natural) grass. Has anybody tried to run the roller over the terraformed land??