Farming Simulator 19 breaks sales records...

FarmerJimbob

Re: Farming Simulator 19 breaks sales records...

Post by FarmerJimbob »

IceUul wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm About competitors for FS19, are there any?
Sadly no, not really. Giants are a bit lucky they all flopped actually because they had some really promising features yet FS has pretty well stuck to its same formula.

I liked a lot of things PF introduced but with the bugs and not a lot of equipment it had a limited lifespan. FD is good fun (tho quite the grind) but limited with its 1 map and little equipment. CnC I’ve not played an awful lot but it looks a real challenger for Giants for those wanting an in-depth simulator.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Ultimately, none of the competitors have the licenses FS does. Some people might be swayed by gameplay and realism features, but at the end of the day, most people are perfectly happy trading off simulation fidelity for driving their favourite farm vehicles. For every user demanding a feature, there is a hundred demanding a brand.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 pm
IceUul wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm About competitors for FS19, are there any?
Sadly no, not really. Giants are a bit lucky they all flopped actually because they had some really promising features yet FS has pretty well stuck to its same formula.

I liked a lot of things PF introduced but with the bugs and not a lot of equipment it had a limited lifespan. FD is good fun (tho quite the grind) but limited with its 1 map and little equipment. CnC I’ve not played an awful lot but it looks a real challenger for Giants for those wanting an in-depth simulator.
if you don't money cheat, it has tons of features/equipment. i mean i bought the game on day 1. and still didn't bought straw equipment, or animals. because i'm too busy trying to make money to buy the main equipment. and i started with scenario 2, with 1.2M. plus Giants releases tons of free content on their website everyday
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

jpm1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:50 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 pm

if you don't money cheat, it has tons of features/equipment. i mean i bought the game on day 1. and still didn't bought straw equipment, or animals. because i'm too busy trying to make money to buy the main equipment. and i started with scenario 2, with 1.2M. plus Giants releases tons of free content on their website everyday
FD wasn’t a typo for FS, I was referring to another game, Farmer’s Dynasty. FS does have a reasonable amount of content, I agree, but the game is very much the same formula as previous versions. My point was Giants have been able to play safe because the competition has flopped.

Tons of free content? I’ve seen a smattering of vehicles and tools that were in FS17 made available for 19...
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

the competition doesn't have such a powerful tool than GE. what i'm trying to say it's that if you can say Giants didn't work hard enough, you can also say that they worked hard enough as they gave us much more than the competition. what i'm trying to say it's that customers nowadays tend to always ask for more. personnally i love FS in its actual state. i mean i don't miss anything. you want better graphics, it's impossible. or with all the animated objects the game will be laggy as hell. i'm coming from FS15. and for me the difference is really huge. in four years they did tremendous improvements