How is patch 1.2? Any good?

Bigfilmguy

How is patch 1.2? Any good?

Post by Bigfilmguy »

The title says it all really. How are people finding it? Does it solve some of the problems with the game? More importantly, does it solve the contracts bug where they stop working? Missing my contract work, I can only do two transport contracts or two baling contracts.

I see people seem to be liking the terraforming tool, looking forward to giving it a go when the patch hits consoles. Is it as good as the videos seem to suggest?
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
Miketeg

Re: How is patch 1.2? Any good?

Post by Miketeg »

So far, so good.

Not all issue has been fixed, but major one was (in my opinion).

Contracts seems to be fixed. Landscaping tool is pretty good, but miss some option (UNDO, growing grass, etc.) This is a pretty good start.

Placeable are still hard to place, even with a fully flat terrain. I have to use the "PlaceAnywhere mod" in order to have my farm like I want.

This is a big step forward, but not a victory yet.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

The terraforming is definitely not as easy as the videos suggest. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to but I already noticed you get the red shading cursor a lot like with placeables where it won't allow you to work and doesn't explain why. Not sure how well the mechanics will translate to consoles.

In terms of bugs I didn't really have any gamebreakers before so only noticed subtle changes and a few things that are still there after the patch. Economy was a bit messed up for me after the patch - not broken, just odd, like with negative pricing.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm Economy was a bit messed up for me after the patch - not broken, just odd, like with negative pricing.
I think that is only happen when you're trying to use an 1.1.3 savegame with the new version.

I did not get this issue with new save.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm Economy was a bit messed up for me after the patch - not broken, just odd, like with negative pricing.
I think that is only happen when you're trying to use an 1.1.3 savegame with the new version.

Fair enough although I'm not sure how many people will be willing to start a new save each time there's a version change.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Miketeg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Fair enough although I'm not sure how many people will be willing to start a new save each time there's a version change.
I don't think it was done on purpose, but this is why it's called a Beta.

Pretty sure they will work on this since it has been reported.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Does it fix the wool pallets restarting after every time you quit the game?
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

deddycantshoot wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:42 pm Does it fix the wool pallets restarting after every time you quit the game?
Is that a thing? I've noticed that the sheep info shows only wool generated for the current session, but the pallet fills like normal. eg if I end a session with 350l in the pallet, when I log back in the info display shows 0l, but looking at the pallet, it's still showing 2 bales on the pallet. If I play long enough to generate 650l, the info will reset to 0l (or maybe it's 650l), but a visual check will show that original pallet as full, and another 1l will create a new pallet. (I'm playing on PC, console could be different).
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

I don't know about wool, but is a thing with egg boxes on the chicken coop. Not a major issue but slightly annoying!
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Besides the prices being completely broken on my savegame, it was working fine. They are working on the fix though.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Oseh wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:58 pm
deddycantshoot wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:42 pm Does it fix the wool pallets restarting after every time you quit the game?
Is that a thing? I've noticed that the sheep info shows only wool generated for the current session, but the pallet fills like normal. eg if I end a session with 350l in the pallet, when I log back in the info display shows 0l, but looking at the pallet, it's still showing 2 bales on the pallet. If I play long enough to generate 650l, the info will reset to 0l (or maybe it's 650l), but a visual check will show that original pallet as full, and another 1l will create a new pallet. (I'm playing on PC, console could be different).
on ps4 it does restart a new pallet after quitting and restarting a session.very annoying.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm The terraforming is definitely not as easy as the videos suggest. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to but I already noticed you get the red shading cursor a lot like with placeables where it won't allow you to work and doesn't explain why. Not sure how well the mechanics will translate to consoles.

In terms of bugs I didn't really have any gamebreakers before so only noticed subtle changes and a few things that are still there after the patch. Economy was a bit messed up for me after the patch - not broken, just odd, like with negative pricing.
What is the place anywhere mod?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Azfoor wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm The terraforming is definitely not as easy as the videos suggest. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to but I already noticed you get the red shading cursor a lot like with placeables where it won't allow you to work and doesn't explain why. Not sure how well the mechanics will translate to consoles.

https://www.reddit.com/r/farmingsimulat ... where_mod/
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm
Azfoor wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/farmingsimulat ... where_mod/
Thank you that is awsome!!! *thumbsup* :mrgreen: