Placeable System/Landscaping Tool ..... My thoughts.

W1der

Re: Placeable System/Landscaping Tool ..... My thoughts.

Post by W1der »

It would be nice if one where able to change the camera angle ... the fixed one we have now makes it a bit hard at times!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Personally, I think FS19 isn't a game for today, as much as it's a game for the future. Though i'm excited about the new placeable system and the added landscaping tools.... I have to admit as well that so far, they are still in "bare-bone" stage. I'm left still waiting to see how they will finally, or perhaps, eventually, complement each other further. Today, both features are present. But also today, they both still feel very limiting.

The placeable system can't really be enjoyed because there really isn't all that much to place. Giants offered us pretty close to nothing except a very poor list of start up buidings that are about as interesting to the game as a glass of water is to an alcoholic. The modding community, though are adding new things to the game everyday.... are still lacking in options. We have a fairly good supply of sheds now, even placeable trees and fences, but beyond that... not really all that interesting either from the modding side of things.

...... (For example) The modding community seems allergic to the idea of modding new houses.... unless they assign them to the "sleep" script. Which means then you can only place 1 of them on the entire map. Where are the houses that we can freely place without limitations?

The landscaping tool, which I think is a great new feature, is also hindered in terraforming cost. The game is a major grind. Getting your hands on enough money to buy a second tractor is time consuming. Who has $150,000 to terraform yet another corner of the same yard just so you can place another shed?

2 great game features, tailor-made to complement each other, and for the most part, we can't really enjoy either of them. The placeable system lacks anything exciting to place, and the landscaping tool is too expensive to play with.

Though I am still excited to have these new features, I have to fairly admit as well, that they are not as much for today's game, as they are more so for the future of FS19. The day when we have a decent list of options for the placeable system, and a cheaper, better reason to terraform the land for those placeables.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:04 pm I watched a YT video on landscaping and with renewed optimism and enthusiasm I had another go at it in the game. Admittedly what I was attempting - building up the ground to extend field 27 on Felsbrunn to the east - was never going to be that cheap or easy but a few minutes of making a complete hash of it had me down 150k! I really think they need to add an easy option where you can play around and just opt to pay for (or undo) the final result.
Exactly
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

We definately need placeable fences and a tool to paint in wild grass.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Ok I had another go with landscaping - this time trying to flatten the northern edge of my field 20 on Felsbrunn. I'd already extended the field to match the northern edge of field 19 and joined them but it becomes quite hilly at that point as you get into the little wood there and it can be hit & miss with seeding and harvesting. For the most part landscaping achieved the desired effect flattening it out however there is one point it refuses to work on saying this area can't be terraformed and I'm left with an isolated mound. Anyone know what rules prevent landscaping on an area? Only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't get the whole of the tree stump out of the ground (its there but invisible)?
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Sacred burial site.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:41 pm Ok I had another go with landscaping - this time trying to flatten the northern edge of my field 20 on Felsbrunn. I'd already extended the field to match the northern edge of field 19 and joined them but it becomes quite hilly at that point as you get into the little wood there and it can be hit & miss with seeding and harvesting. For the most part landscaping achieved the desired effect flattening it out however there is one point it refuses to work on saying this area can't be terraformed and I'm left with an isolated mound. Anyone know what rules prevent landscaping on an area? Only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't get the whole of the tree stump out of the ground (its there but invisible)?
Haven't had any troubles with trees or stumps interrupting terraforming beyond hovering trees due to now lower ground level.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Trees are currently an issue with terraforming that we are still looking into.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Those fences are nice, but placing them! Not so easy. Can't seem to get fine enough control to join them together.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
ShaoMonkSn

Post by ShaoMonkSn »

jeremyj621 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 am We definately need placeable fences and a tool to paint in wild grass.
Word. Terrain looks very ugly after landscaping so adding wild grass tool would be really great.
Jkat14

Post by Jkat14 »

There isn't even in game placeable trees for FS19. Its a little bit upsetting because they had it for FS17 in the base game so why would they take it out of 19. I get theres mods for trees but console players are playing the game with a fraction of what PC players have. They NEED to re-add placeable trees into the base game. I feel like this terraforming add on is incredible and going to new limits where you can create farms from scratch but Im pretty sure everyone would love to have trees to fill in open spots and have it more aesthetically pleasing. Giants please add placeable trees or at least approve the tree mods for consoles.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Nope not me.. I all ways cut down all the trees around my farm....haha
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

I've played with new landscape tools quite a bit today and I'm pleased with it even though it needs alot of fine tuning. It makes me more irritated at ravenport though, still pretty difficult to place a farm and have it look nice without having a highwall or a crater somewhere. It's definitely going in my trash map category.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

If I remember right cause I never used them, the placeable trees used a slot count. So that's a big nope for me. And I usually cut them down too.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.