AGCO Cutters

Hawke67

AGCO Cutters

Post by Hawke67 »

Hi

Im wondering about the agco cutters. We have two of them, both are for the AGCO Ideal, both are 12m both work for the same standard crops, both are 10kph and finally both have the same branding options. Only difference I can see is that one is called Dynaflex 9255 and the other is called Powerflow (and is 1000€ more expensive).

So, what am I missing here? Why are there two practically identic cutters there?

Cheers
Tom
Angryfarmer

Re: AGCO Cutters

Post by Angryfarmer »

Just looks for ingame purposes. 1 is a draper header (has belts to move crop across header. The other is a traditional screw style.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Ok, so they really are the same, besides the look. Just out of curiosity, does any of them have any advantage over the other in real life?
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

From what I've seen, draper is supposed to be gentler on crops and as the name says it can flex over terrain. Idk where they got the prices from bc the draper should be more expensive by a decent margin. The auger versions are cheaper since it's not a huge rubber belt just a simple screw mechanism.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

a belt would be cheaper to make than a screw
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Draper heads are priced higher than auger heads more in real life because of the performance benefits of the draper.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Juls

Post by Juls »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 am a belt would be cheaper to make than a screw
You’ve obviously never bought a conveyer belt or a web for a piece of agricultural machinery. Steel is generally a lot cheaper than reinforced conveyer belts or webs. Not to mention all the rollers and bearings, drives etc required to operate the belt.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

skip them both and go with a one of the 45 ft headers, they have their own built in wheels for moving around the map.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

The power flow is a hybrid head it has a auger and a belt. The belt push the crop to the auger
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Juls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
lefe1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 am a belt would be cheaper to make than a screw
You’ve obviously never bought a conveyer belt or a web for a piece of agricultural machinery. Steel is generally a lot cheaper than reinforced conveyer belts or webs. Not to mention all the rollers and bearings, drives etc required to operate the belt.
mmm.. did I say anything about rollers/ bearings/ drives. NO.. all I said was it's cheaper to make a belt than it would be to make a screw. and yes it is cheaper to make a belt.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Lol opened up a can of worms. Why else would a draper be more expensive? Other than it being a newer thing
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

FarmerJDC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 pm Lol opened up a can of worms. Why else would a draper be more expensive? Other than it being a newer thing
That's mostly it. But a draper header also flexes to the lay of the land where a traditional auger header is solid. More moving parts, more expensive.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Exactly I was just tryna explain why there should be a difference in price not a belt being cheaper or higher that an auger screw
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

It's three belts too two for bringING crop in and one in the middle to put it in the feeder house so
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

This is what i'm talking about.. this is what I mean when I say it's cheaper to make a belt than an screw/auger...... a 30' belt costs $653 but a 30' auger costs $4500. very big difference.

feeder belt