The wait begins!

Bigfilmguy

Re: The wait begins!

Post by Bigfilmguy »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm
A snippet from your reply "The game just came out so what do you expect".
That is exactly the problem. Since the game has "come out" everyone should "expect" a complete, tested, working game.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for hundreds of bug fixes, the game can become boring.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for the modding community, the game can become boring.
Think yourself lucky we even get updates. I started work in the games industry when the PS2 launched. If a game was released with bugs, (which happened a lot more than you may expect) you had to simply *censored* it up and deal with it.

At least now we have the possibility of getting updates and mods. Back then you were stuck with whatever games companies released. Stop whining and realise that making a game of this complexity is not the easiest thing to do. Maybe Giants released too early, but they also have pressure from publishers to get the game out.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

SirLANsalot wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 amgotta do both maps that came with the game.
:lol: No, I actually don't. Until a map comes out that I want to play, I am done playing this game.

I can deal with the bugs just like I did in previous versions, I'm perfectly happy with all of the in game equipment that we currently have, I can even deal with perpetual summer until seasons is released, but I will not play on the in game maps any longer. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Bigfilmguy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm
That is exactly the problem. Since the game has "come out" everyone should "expect" a complete, tested, working game.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for hundreds of bug fixes, the game can become boring.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for the modding community, the game can become boring.
Think yourself lucky we even get updates. I started work in the games industry when the PS2 launched. If a game was released with bugs, (which happened a lot more than you may expect) you had to simply *censored* it up and deal with it.

At least now we have the possibility of getting updates and mods. Back then you were stuck with whatever games companies released. Stop whining and realise that making a game of this complexity is not the easiest thing to do. Maybe Giants released too early, but they also have pressure from publishers to get the game out.
I can't remember the last time a game came out that didn't need a patch or two.
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

wonder how many of you bored and full of bugs crowd even play the game. Try putting it on hard mode with all the difficulty settings on.
i started on hard in ravenport with a dairy setup. the 50 cow bar haying equipment. 400k loan field 1 cuz it was flatter than some. selling silage bales is my main income atm. just got enough dough to buy field 2 and a seeder. so not bored yet. i would like to see westbridge hills converted. i played the stuff outta that map on 15 and 17.
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

Shadow250 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:11 pm
wonder how many of you bored and full of bugs crowd even play the game. Try putting it on hard mode with all the difficulty settings on.
i started on hard in ravenport with a dairy setup. the 50 cow barn and haying equipment, 400k loan field 1 cuz it was flatter than some. selling silage bales is my main income atm. just got enough dough to buy field 2 and a seeder. so not bored yet. i would like to see westbridge hills converted. i played the stuff outta that map on 15 and 17.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

Yes I'm very bored, I only wish I held off buying it until next year sometime. Very poor game from Giants, they have been working on the same game for what 10 years? And still the AI is useless compared to courseplay.

I bought it when it was first released, played it for a few days realising it isn't finished so left it, haven't been on it since and don't intend to. I won't make the same mistake next time in buying it I can tell you that.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I'm not whining, I'm stating facts (as are you). I've been playing games since atari, so I know how it was and how it is. Games had to be complete back then and there were a lot less issues than there are now. The complexity you mention is on par with those old days because the dev tools have improved to match. I'm a mobile game developer in my spare time and I know when excuses are being made and how developers are taking advantage of that mentality to release early to get paid.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Mdavis1967

Post by Mdavis1967 »

You could always give Fallout 76 a go if you are bored? (Too soon? lol)
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Mdavis1967 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 pm You could always give Fallout 76 a go if you are bored? (Too soon? lol)
Na, these people complaining have no idea how games work. I am surprised they even can play. Fallout 76 is the perfect game for them too.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I wonder if giants have the Same-Day Patch Certification for Developers---

We may now have a drastically reduced wait-time when it comes to receiving desperately needed patches for game-breaking bugs. Each time a developer submits a patch, they have to wait for Sony to certify it before distribution. This was often the holdup when it came to bug fixes after release. Now, however, Sony offers same-day patch certification, which should speed up releasing patches to the PlayStation wild.
Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/20 ... 6kxaVIx.99
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Hope so lefe. I'll lose money if it goes live today with land prices but I dont care. Sounds like we'll have alittle more breathing room with funds.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

snyperal wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:03 pm

I can't remember the last time a game came out that didn't need a patch or two.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

Hopefully thats what happens @lefe if so i can see a release tomorrow as if im correct games and patches usually release on a friday or tuesday? So with the same day thing that would be today for release tomorrow? But i wont get my hopes up im more thinking this tuesday coming
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Either way it isn’t “early this week” is it
Trumpcard54455

Post by Trumpcard54455 »

CAN'T....STOP....PLAAYYYING!!! Issues or not I'm like a moth drawn to flame!