The wait begins!

SirLANsalot

Re: The wait begins!

Post by SirLANsalot »

You have not yet "compleated" a map till you own every piece of land, and that gets very expensive fast. Not to mention getting multiple harvesters to bring in the crops faster/better. There is still lots to do.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Of my 208 hours, the last 65 have been from scratch on Felsbrunn. I have 4 plots of land areas 20,19,28 and the triangle of woods/grassland to the north of area 25. I own a house, 3 sheds, A small silage clamp, 3 tractors, a harvester just for cereal crops, a couple of trailers, mowers, fertilizing and baling gear. Playing at 1x. Not interested in root crops nor animals yet. It takes around 4 hours to tend to my areas every day, the rest is taken up with contracting and gradual de-forestation although I have replaced the felled trees with 120 saplings which are growing quickly. The forestry is intended for rainy days, but if I get bored I go and log a few trees. I intend to buy areas 29 and 18 next, keeping the farm close together. Areas 28 and eventually 29 will be enlarged and used for Soybeans and Canola. 20 is grassland for silage. 19 and eventually 18 will be for cereal crops.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I'm enjoying it. Started flipping fields now to make some brass.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

SirLANsalot wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm You have not yet "compleated" a map till you own every piece of land
I've completed a map once I'm tired of playing on it. Therefore, I have "completed" FS19. :lol:

Seriously though, I'll come back once there's a decent map to play and hopefully seasons comes soon. Maybe some placeables that don't crash the game would be cool too.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

I just wanna friggin update that's all I'm waiting for
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:19 pm
SirLANsalot wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm You have not yet "compleated" a map till you own every piece of land
I've completed a map once I'm tired of playing on it. Therefore, I have "completed" FS19. :lol:

Seriously though, I'll come back once there's a decent map to play and hopefully seasons comes soon. Maybe some placeables that don't crash the game would be cool too.
A map? So as in one map? Ha, you have much work to do before you can be considered "done", gotta do both maps that came with the game. Any modded maps are just a bonus.

Also there are some new maps out on some of the sites. A few original ones, most are just reworks of the base maps (really hate people that do that, I mean, if your going to post a map, at least be original).

Wonder if the Pleasant Valley people are going to do one for FS19....a lot changed so it might be a while before they can figure out how to add all those factories in. That was a fun map to play in FS17, and even though it was based on Goldcrest. it was a 4x map with goldcrest only being the in the center.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Is the update still coming this week? They mentioned it "might" come...that's what I'm waiting for
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

I'm at 181 hours on Ravenport and I'm expanding slowly. I started with fields 24, 25 & 26 and I've now added 18, 21 & 22. I don't have any animals. Haven't tried the horses or the dog. With the patch I just got my contracts working normally so I'm able to bring in extra cash that way. I'm still enjoying it but it's a bit of a grind. I've only been growing soybeans. I'm looking forward to getting a little cash saved up now to buy some bailing equipment. One thing I'm missing is weather. I've had nothing but sunshine and a bit of clouds. No rain at all.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Just so you know, it takes a boat load of time to make maps ect ect, so take that into consideration, if the modders rush and do things in a hurry, it'll come out crappy, do you want crappy mods? I sure don't, my parents told me something as i was growing up, make do with what you got, by the way it sounds you just rushed the game to quickly, and for 60 hours in, that's not a long time, so you have 2 choices, either play the game, or don't play it at all, don't come on the forums saying, the game is boring, its nonsense, there plenty of those on the forums. The game just came out so what do you expect, their working their tails off making patches for the game.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 am Just so you know, it takes a boat load of time to make maps ect ect, so take that into consideration, if the modders rush and do things in a hurry, it'll come out crappy, do you want crappy mods? I sure don't, my parents told me something as i was growing up, make do with what you got, by the way it sounds you just rushed the game to quickly, and for 60 hours in, that's not a long time, so you have 2 choices, either play the game, or don't play it at all, don't come on the forums saying, the game is boring, its nonsense, there plenty of those on the forums. The game just came out so what do you expect, their working their tails off making patches for the game.
A snippet from your reply "The game just came out so what do you expect".
That is exactly the problem. Since the game has "come out" everyone should "expect" a complete, tested, working game.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for hundreds of bug fixes, the game can become boring.
When a paying customer has to wait weeks or months for the modding community, the game can become boring.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

Had to give up trying to play got only bout 20 hours but in 2 hour spurts cuz keep crashing I think I've cut the same trees down bout 30 times cuz I lose so much progress been done and over it!!!! *thumbsdown*
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Zx6ram wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm Had to give up trying to play got only bout 20 hours but in 2 hour spurts cuz keep crashing I think I've cut the same trees down bout 30 times cuz I lose so much progress been done and over it!!!! *thumbsdown*

How or why does it keep crashing? I've not had one ctd yet.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

wonder how many of you bored and full of bugs crowd even play the game. Try putting it on hard mode with all the difficulty settings on. So far I have zero game breaking/crashing bugs almost gonna hit the 400 hours mark. play all three maps doing contract work mostly. I am trying to set up each starting zone like the easy mode version does.

I love to watch streamers with the same mentality as some posting here. They start the stream, cheat in tons of money, launch easy mode. First thing they run across they cant get to work the way they think it does. Look a bug. and continue doing so only later to figure out they was doing it wrong. lol. And by the end of the stream they have every single placeable and a large section of the map purchased because of the cheated in money.

When you point it out the usual response is, o it was just a test stream next time we will not cheat money in. Next stream rinse and repeat and complain away...........

Watched a guy streaming going of on giants because his modded map and truck mods was full of bugs causing the game to crash go figure.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I like fs19. I think once seasons and a few maps get released I will play it a lot.

But after a couple weeks I went back full time to fs17 and started a new farm on lone oak on hard with seasons. I still really love fs17 and fs19 is like just the framework of a better game, it just has to catch up some. I really enjoy the seasons part of fs17. I haven’t played fs19 in two or three weeks.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I've poured more hours into this than lara croft, and red dead combined (pun intended)