Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 44

ChesJeep2009

John Deere Construction

Post by ChesJeep2009 »

I really hope that they will have some JD construction equipment on here like the JD 350 excavator or the 333 skid loader or maybe the dozer or wheel loader, just a little bit of construction equipment would be nice

Edit don_apple: thread moved from 'WIP Mods' to 'General Discussion', since 'WIP Mods' should only be used to present mods you are working on.
throsbi

Re: John Deere Construction

Post by throsbi »

Yes it would be nice to see and I dont care if its JD or any brand.

The problem is you first need a use for the equipment. Hopefully Giants or modders come up with a creative way to edit terrain with equipment. Or hauling the junk to the junkyard.

There is a group of modders that make construction equipment mods and have even made some interesting maps where you have to dig holes, quarries, road construction, etc.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Think it would be really fun to level land with tractor pulled scrapers.

Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Pull scrapers would of been a excellent idea for terrain leveling. You could of used "grade stakes" feature. Put blue stake at level you want to start the cut from, then red the point you want to finish the cut or fill. Do a candy cane stake for where to the final cut needs to blend to. Figure out a way to quantify volume then go with small incremental cuts you pull out from the pad. Realistic and somewhat manageable to pull off. The best part of this is pull scrapers is a "normal" farm equipment to have around and has synergy with people equipment. Go get Ashland endorsement and go.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

the big print giveth the small print taketh
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

This may come as a shock but farmers actually do have this equipment and do level the ground, install terraces, etc.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I just want a working wheeled skid steer
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Corstaad wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:55 amThe best part of this is pull scrapers is a "normal" farm equipment to have around and has synergy with people equipment.
lol, there is NOTHING "normal" about farmers having pull scrapers, unless the farmer dose other work outside farming to keep themselves busy, as many farms don't possess a tractor big enough to pull one scraper, yet alone 2 or 3 scrapers.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
garyst

Post by garyst »

^^ in my area I would say about 3/4 of the farms own either scrapers or land finishing tools like these and not many use them for other work other than managing their own land. There are a few companies in my state though that all they do is precision land leveling.

Last edited by garyst on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Alot of US farmers have them. They work good for making waterways. Can even use lower hp tractors which is the medium tractor range in the garage.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

garyst wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:05 pm ^^ in my area I would say about 3/4 of the farms own either scrapers or land finishing tools like these and not many use them for other work other than managing their own land. There are a few companies in my state though that all they do is precision land leveling.

none of them tools do the job of a pull scraper or motor scraper per se.

the tools above are more akin to motor grader and other grading blades and box scrapers used for VERY minor localised levelling

i.e. pull scraper or motor scraper are about moving volume of soil and overburden from point A to some relatively distant point B by carrying it, but not so distant that excavator and dump-trucks would be more efficient, which is a far cry from pushing soil around a localised spot.

which is why I said "there is NOTHING "normal" about farmers having pull scrapers" in the context of normal being in the possession of a majority of farmers.

box scrapers and grading blades are not the same as pull scraper etc
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Eep

Post by Eep »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 am AND...

https://www.bau-simulator.de/en
If only that was ACTUAL gameplay footage and not just pre-rendered CGI nonsense. No way that level of graphics detail is getting on Android and mobile Apple products.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

That would take an entirely different license more than likely. Farm and construction are not the same division.
XBOX/ FS22
garyst

Post by garyst »

b101uk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm
garyst wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:05 pm ^^ in my area I would say about 3/4 of the farms own either scrapers or land finishing tools like these and not many use them for other work other than managing their own land. There are a few companies in my state though that all they do is precision land leveling.

none of them tools do the job of a pull scraper or motor scraper per se.

the tools above are more akin to motor grader and other grading blades and box scrapers used for VERY minor localised levelling

i.e. pull scraper or motor scraper are about moving volume of soil and overburden from point A to some relatively distant point B by carrying it, but not so distant that excavator and dump-trucks would be more efficient, which is a far cry from pushing soil around a localised spot.

which is why I said "there is NOTHING "normal" about farmers having pull scrapers" in the context of normal being in the possession of a majority of farmers.

box scrapers and grading blades are not the same as pull scraper etc

Yes I know the ones in these pics i posted are just grading tools and not pull scrapers. All the sugarcane and rice farmers over here own both pull scrapers and grading tools. Majority of the soybean/corn/cotton/milo farmers own just a grading tool, but I do know of a couple who own a dirt pan too.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

b101uk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 pm
Corstaad wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:55 amThe best part of this is pull scrapers is a "normal" farm equipment to have around and has synergy with people equipment.
lol, there is NOTHING "normal" about farmers having pull scrapers, unless the farmer dose other work outside farming to keep themselves busy, as many farms don't possess a tractor big enough to pull one scraper, yet alone 2 or 3 scrapers.
I have to go with gary's perspective on this and add that small and medium pull scrapers, and older, medium-scale construction equipment in general (dozers, hoes, pull graders) is not uncommon on farms where I'm from either. 400-600 hp tractors are also not uncommon.

It's a big world and there are lots of ways of farming and many different needs on those different farms.