My five biggest requests as a FS newbie

wolvescreek

My five biggest requests as a FS newbie

Post by wolvescreek »

I'd pre-ordered FS19 despite never playing one before but grew up on a farm and wanted to give it a try. After dropping over 110hrs into FS19, especially as a new player to the series these are my biggest requests I'd like to see Giants address outside of bugs, ect.

1. Better help section. For a newbie player this game has a lot of unexplained functions of how things work beyond the very very basics. I shouldn't have to rely on youtube videos from players to understand how animal pens actually work (what goes where) or look up information about how fertilizer works in this game (stages, ect). Icons with word labels would be a big help too. I just feel like this game could seriously use a proper help section, because the one in-game explains nothing in detail. Maybe hire somebody who writes technical manuals to write your help section.

I feel this would be very beneficial to new players. It currently feels like it was written for old players who don't need it.

2. I don't really understand why there is a lime station(s) but no place to buy bulk fertilizer, seeds or herbicide. At the very least allowing the lime stations (which appear to be just silo's anyway) to sell all the above would make a lot more sense then having to buy 50 bags of various stuff at the store each time you are preparing a field. More so if I can only buy bags, perhaps a "bulk" option would be better then buying 20 small bags of seeds for one field that fill up the entire store parking lot.

3. Stars and better night sky. Yes it might sound simple and have nothing to do with farming but as a farmer its one thing that city folks never see like a farmer does. I don't understand why theres not a single star in the sky at night. Plus the moon light is very unrealistic, its more like a giant light bulb in the dark rather then a dull moon glow. I further noticed that the sky is actually blue and not black at night...so then its not really a night sky? I'd like to see a realistic night sky please, because it currently looks more like an eclipse then nighttime.

4. An undo/redo button for landscaping and building placement. For this to work from a programming point of view I imagine you'd have to put the game into a pause state when people enter either mode. Right now I have to literally save before placing a building or making a landscape change, if I like it I save again. Try the next thing, don't like it, reload, ect ,ect. Undo/redo would help a lot here.

5. More people or animations around town, buildings. Everything feels so empty, the horse ranch has no static horses and looks abandoned for example. Yes people walk around a few areas but this world is very empty and cold feeling. I'd like to see the world filled with life, especially for what is basically an open world game it feels barren and no a few cars don't count. Maybe in the future you could add a very old mechanic from open world games - store front nps - who go home and come to work. Drive a car, ect.
PunkinFmr

Re: My five biggest requests as a FS newbie

Post by PunkinFmr »

As someone who has played since FS13, I can agree with all 5, especially buying in bulk.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Agreed why you can buy 10 bales of hay but no option to buy 5 or 10 bags or pallets of seed,fertilizer etc is strange.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I was just checking out the big 4 wheeled towed fertiliser, with the add on, it's a ridiculous amount of little bags to brim it.